BajaNomad

OK, fishermen, let's get serious

wilderone - 7-24-2008 at 08:52 AM

Would anyone be interested in planning a fishing trip - say Sept. 6-13: BOLA, Asuncion, Mulege? Daggets, Shari's, Naranjo for accommodations? Split $150/da. panga rentals?
Four people ideal (for one boat), or 6 people for 2 boats? Count 2 for me and my son. Two or 3 cars - some carpooling, split gas. I have a sh__ load of camping equipment. Depart at San Diego, cross in Tecate.
How 'bout it?
Open to suggestions - Captn Mike??

shari - 7-24-2008 at 09:14 AM

It would be nice to have you here Wild one...just a note though...4 guys fishing in one boat makes for alot of tangles...Juan says 3 is even a bit of a stretch but doable...4 is too many in a panga when the yellowtail hit...lots of double and triple hookups can get crazy. We have a fly-in charter scheduled for Sept.5-8 with Cedros Outdoor Adventures if you don't want to drive and wanna get on the fish faster and hassle free.

capt. mike - 7-24-2008 at 10:00 AM

unable that time frame. go with Cedros get you right to Asuncion easy and competitive prices. i have checked their rates i don't know how they do it.

my baja trips likely not till oct some time.

shari - 7-24-2008 at 10:09 AM

Cedros Outdoor Adventures can offer such reasonable rates because they piggy back flights that are scheduled into GN that cater to the salt works workers. Good deal for all...they fill more seats and fishermen get to be flown into remote areas on a package deal.

BirdDog - 7-24-2008 at 10:48 AM

Hey wilderone my wife and I will be in Asuncion for the whole month of Sept. We will be staying in our Casa Naranja. I'm sure Shari has room though somewhere. Hope to see you down there and share a few drinks and fishing tales.

wilderone - 7-24-2008 at 11:09 AM

OK - sounds great - got some ideas. I can't commit to the Cedros Outdoor Adv. - money-wise right now - just spent $175 on a cancelled flight to Cabo (gulp!), so no more unrefundable maybes. But definitely something I'd like to work out.
If someone else wants to go for the original itinerary, maybe we can final that too. Thanks.

4baja - 7-24-2008 at 06:20 PM

sorry no. go to BOLA and get on igors boat and catch all the yellows you want and maybe do-dos and a few bottem fish. good luck and report if you can.