BajaNomad

Swell down....fish on! in Asuncion

shari - 7-25-2008 at 07:41 AM

the Fausto swell has finally died down so the pangas are back in the water and diving for caracol and sea cucumber. Juan got a day's fishing in with some guests from San Diego and 20 Palms. He reports that there are lots of sardinas and the white fish bite in ON...yummy in ceviche!
They caught 16 fish in all in a few hours...nice cabrilla, white fish, sheepshead and what was probably a grandfather grouper snapped a line off in a second!

IMG_8206.jpg - 37kB

shari - 7-25-2008 at 07:50 AM

But what was really neat about this family was that the kids took an active part in the whole shebang....they learned how to scale a fish, how to gut it and clean it and Juan gave them a lesson in fileting. Austin and Alec fileted all the fish and were very proud of it.
We baked the big calico and I was very proud of Austin when he agreed to try a fish eye (my favorite part)...and LIKED it!!!! Now that is a baja kid!

We really look forward to their yearly summer vacations here now that they have made so many good amigos and are hooked on fishing, boogie boarding, baseball, beer runs with the other kids...they have vowed to learn more spanish in time for their next visit...

We don't often get kids and teens here, but our family and amigos sure love it when they visit....it's all about the kids and this village is perfect for them....safe, fun, friendly and lots to do.

[Edited on 7-25-2008 by shari]

IMG_8210.jpg - 47kB

shari - 7-25-2008 at 07:52 AM

oh yeah, and here's the proof of Austins bravery...
what a kid!

IMG_8211.jpg - 40kB

woody with a view - 7-25-2008 at 07:59 AM

hey Austin-

YOU'RE A CRAZY KID.:o keep it up.....

Cypress - 7-25-2008 at 07:59 AM

Shari,That kids gonna have a mouthful of eye!:D Thanks for the report.:D

Iflyfish - 7-25-2008 at 08:16 AM

You sure that Austin isn't related?

Iflyfishwhennotgagginonthesiteofafisheyegettinchomped

Bajaboy - 7-25-2008 at 08:24 AM

I guarantee you'll have more kids visiting Asuncion in the very near future. Glad to hear the fishing is coming around.

zac

Santiago - 7-25-2008 at 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
I guarantee you'll have more kids visiting Asuncion in the very near future. Glad to hear the fishing is coming around.

zac

Now that's funny!!!!:bounce:

DianaT - 7-25-2008 at 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy

zac

You wrote that in the plural---is there something you are not telling?:lol::lol:

Asuncion is really a great place for kids, and I am sure those boys are going to want to come back for a longer stay.

Diane

shari - 7-25-2008 at 08:49 AM

OH yeah...they want to meet Tita & Bimbo's very first grandaughter..nieta Nicole who was born the day they were visiting!

If some of you want to see more pics of Tita, Bimbo and the san hipolito gang..here is a little almum of their adventures
http://picasaweb.google.com/sharibondy/San

baby bajaboy is gonna have some cute girls to grow up with!

talk about liking "face shots" check out Austins face as he is chewing that tastey eyeball... he's likin it!!!
I LOVE IT

IMG_8212-1.jpg - 36kB

DianaT - 7-25-2008 at 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
OH yeah...they want to meet Tita & Bimbo's very first grandaughter..nieta Nicole who was born the day they were visiting!

If some of you want to see more pics of Tita, Bimbo and the san hipolito gang..here is a little almum of their adventures
http://picasaweb.google.com/sharibondy/San

baby bajaboy is gonna have some cute girls to grow up with!

talk about liking "face shots" check out Austins face as he is chewing that tastey eyeball... he's likin it!!!
I LOVE IT

Great face shot, but ummm, to me it looks a little more like he is not knowing quite what to think about what he is eating. :lol: