BajaNomad

Los Arcos........Bonita location

tripledigitken - 7-25-2008 at 02:52 PM

Los Arcos, the famous mexican restaurant chain both in Baja and the mainland has opened a restaurant in the San Diego suburb of Bonita/Chula Vista.

I heard of it last week and quickly went over to have lunch. At present they don't begin serving until 4pm, not sure if this is only on weekdays.

So I haven't gone yet to make a review.

But for those heading south through San Diego (or those living north of the border) on their way to points south can now enjoy a taste of Baja 2 minutes off the freeway.

Location is the Bonita/E street exit off the 805 freeway. At the bottom of the ramp turn right (west) and go 1 block, you can't miss it, large white building on the right side of the road.

Review to follow, unless someone else beat me to it.

Ken

[Edited on 7-26-2008 by tripledigitken]

capt. mike - 7-25-2008 at 03:07 PM

hey Ken - that's down a few blocks from my old office at you know where!

they didn't take over the old Loves BBQ did they?

tripledigitken - 7-25-2008 at 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
hey Ken - that's down a few blocks from my old office at you know where!

they didn't take over the old Loves BBQ did they?

Mike,

I believe the Loves location was across the street. This looks like an entirely new building. Someone spent alot of money on this place.:o

I suspect there won't be cheap eats. As long as I can get smoked pulpo with chilis i'll be happy.

Ken

Martyman - 7-25-2008 at 03:49 PM

Shoot...I thought they were serving bonita:O

Alex - 7-25-2008 at 08:14 PM

I've been meaning to make it over as well - just havent had the opportunity yet.

The one thing I have heard is from a Tijuanense co-worker who said her sister went there and was not too happy with some of the American concessions to the menu.