BajaNomad

Loreto fishing

Reeljob - 7-27-2008 at 07:12 AM

Anyone have phone numbers for Captain's. I've emailed Pam but she is really busy.

bill erhardt - 7-27-2008 at 07:38 AM

Arturosport has by far more pangas and skippers for hire than any other outfitter in Loreto. Arturo's number calling from the States is 011 52 613 135 0766. A super panga through Arturo will cost $270 US. You can also make your own contact for a panguero at the marina and often get a captain that works for an outfitter when the charters are available. The going rate if you contact a panguero directly is around $200.

Skeet/Loreto - 7-27-2008 at 07:44 AM

Alvaro Murillo

011-52-613-13-50928

I started fishing with Alvaro in 1967 when we were both kids. He is my Best Friend after all theses years{Even after he Threw my Can of Cope overboard because he did not want me using Tobacco}.
Has a Super Panga, charges $200 a Trip, a little extra if you go to DelEfonso Isla. about 35 miles North where all the best Fishing is at this moment.

If you can't get Alvaro he has other family members you can get. Otherwise take a trip North to Mulege , go to the Serinadad ask for Alex the Bartender. He will take you out of there for about the same amount of Money. He catches Fish.!

Skeet/Loreto

Skeet/Loreto - 7-27-2008 at 07:47 AM

Good Morning Bill:
Have you seen Bill and Betty in the past few Days?
They were suppose to come to Texas about the 15th of August.

Skeet

Don Alley - 7-27-2008 at 08:12 AM

Rigo Davis
Panga Arantxa
011-52-613-135-1415

Fine pangero. Doesn't speak English. Lately rarely available on weekends.

Torres Sportfishing
www.fishloreto.com

Skeet's friend Alvaro Murillo is a good one too.

Loreto fishing co-op, has a window at the Marina. They can probably fix you up. Thier phone # is 011-52-613-135-1664. They usually have park permits for their clients too.

There's lots more but I don't have phone #s.

If you have to buy your license and park permit in Loreto, you'll have to get it the day after you fly in. A lost fishing day, so, at least get the license in the states, or maybe Pam can help you out.

It's very busy here, the dorado fishing is really good.

bill erhardt - 7-27-2008 at 08:18 AM

Skeet...... I have not seen Bill or Betty for a couple of weeks. The last time was when I was returning to the marina earlier this month and they were walking the dogs. I gave them a nice dorado. The attached photo is of Betty preparing to do the honors in their back yard while Bill and I nursed Tecates and provided supervision and advice.

Reeljob..... I will second Skeet's vote for Alvaro Murillo. He is a true gentleman and a good fisherman. Last month I put a friend from LA who was in town with his two teen aged sons in touch with Alvaro. Other family members fished with me on my boat. We met and rafted up for lunch in a cove on the east side of Isla Carmen, and a good time was had by all.

;D2 (Large) (Small).jpg - 43kB" alt="B&;D2 (Large) (Small).jpg - 43kB" />

Reeljob - 7-27-2008 at 08:25 AM

Thanks guys, I'll give em a call. A friend is taking his teenage son and I'm taking my teenage grandson. We'll load the plane & be in LTO by about noon, so should hve plenty of time to get licenses etc. Coming from CO so no way to get licenses here.

Don Alley - 7-27-2008 at 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeljob
Thanks guys, I'll give em a call. A friend is taking his teenage son and I'm taking my teenage grandson. We'll load the plane & be in LTO by about noon, so should hve plenty of time to get licenses etc. Coming from CO so no way to get licenses here.

I don't know for sure when the Conapesca office by the marina closes, but maybe it's 2pm?

Skeet/Loreto - 7-27-2008 at 11:43 AM

Reeljob; What kind of equipt. are you Flying?

Skeet

Udo - 7-27-2008 at 11:49 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I belong to DISCOVER BAJA & VAGABUNDOS, and if I need to obtain licences (as well as tourist visas), they get them for no fees. And betweeen them I think they have every book related to Baja ever published.

Reeljob - 7-27-2008 at 02:43 PM

Skeet:

A36 Bonanza

Skeet/Loreto - 7-27-2008 at 02:49 PM

ReelJOb: Check your u2u
Skeet

LaTijereta - 7-27-2008 at 07:01 PM

Alvaro is a good option..

Another is Abel Davis Jr (or his father). They have a good knowledge of the reefs for grouper.
They also speak good english.
Ph 613.135.0671

I think all the skippers are busy these days;D

flyfishinPam - 7-28-2008 at 06:55 AM

Quote:
Anyone have phone numbers for Captain's. I've emailed Pam but she is really busy.

hi there, we are so busy that i'm not getting any sleep and don't have time to report. also my prodigy modem dies twice and i'm waiting for a new one...

call me at 011-521-613-111-7430 24/7 (except when I'm showering, that's twice a day at least in this heat)

we have space after the 2nd of august, all booked until then.

no waiting for a license I can get them any day of the week.

stop by my shop or call and we'll set ya up. visa, mastercard accepted as well as cash :tumble:

fishing is very good this year the best i've seen in the 12 years we've been in operation, better than 2006 and 2000 that were banner years, for dorado 2008 surpasses those years. the old guys are saying this is the best year they remember. don't know why just know there's lots of dorado to be caught.

good luck fishing

flyfishinPam - 7-28-2008 at 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Alley
Quote:

I don't know for sure when the Conapesca office by the marina closes, but maybe it's 2pm?

don roasila at the office of pesca is keeping her own hours, sometimes open till 3pm more often until 1 or 2pm. she's doing everything, the work of at least ten fat beaurocrats bless her heart.

wakemall - 8-2-2008 at 03:59 AM

I fished with Alvaro once when Skeets daughter and son-in-law were in Loreto. He came across as a super nice person. I think that was last year. Nacho Quintero has three super pangas and his number is 044.613.104.00.52. Local number is 135.09.56. He speaks really good english and his boats are really fast. He also has a larger sport boat with twin outboards for the folks that demand greater comfort. Although she was at Momo's shop three weeks ago. Not sure if it was repaired. One motor was giving them some issues.

If you need a great Super Panga, look up Nacho and tell him Bret and Rik Mccoy told you to call. Might save you a little money.