BajaNomad

Sale of inshore casting rods

Santiago - 8-1-2008 at 08:56 AM

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard...

Above link takes you to Cabela's SaltStriker inshore casting rods. I lost mine in the 'lost rod tube' fiasco and I really liked it for plugging the shore or trolling in-close. :( At $49 these are a good deal.:bounce:

Russ - 8-1-2008 at 11:09 AM

Thankx a lot! I just spent $200 :>(

Santiago - 8-1-2008 at 11:31 AM

Russ: well, I'm not claiming these are $200 rods - the standard $80 is just about right so I'm sure you got better quality for your $200.

Diver - 8-1-2008 at 11:57 AM

Santiago and Russ,

What reels are you using on your light casting rods ?

Santiago - 8-1-2008 at 01:11 PM

Eh - I hate to say this but I've been using a Tica level wind GN300 that I got off eBay aobut 6 or 7 years ago. Been waiting for the damn thing to break so I can replace it but it just keeps chugging along. Does have some plastic inside - biggest fish was about a 10# bass in 100' of water - did just fine. I have a feeling that the Tica brand has improved in the last few yers but I really don't know.

www.ticaglobal.com/EN/AM/PR_Reels_A.asp?Model=GEMINI%20GN%20...

Russ - 8-1-2008 at 01:54 PM

Good thing, for me, that UPS doesn't deliver down here. I did buy the rod on sale BUT couldn't stop there so got a second one and some other stuff too. Got the spinning rod version of that, on sale too. I use spin gear for my surf fishing.
these are what's ready now: Quantum w/ 12# line ~ Diawa Royal w/ 8# line and a ultra light Browning w/ 4# or maybe it's got 2#. Then there's the big gun, Penn 9000 on either a 6 1/2' or 12' rod. And like so many of us that is just a sample.

Surf fishing reels.jpg - 46kB