BajaNomad

BOLA do-dos

4baja - 8-4-2008 at 06:37 AM

just got a e-mail from my buddy beach bob and says that the dorodo are in thick now with 30 pounders being the norm with larger outside. some fish have been caught in as close as horse head island. looks like a trip comeing up soon.:coolup:

Martyman - 8-4-2008 at 08:24 AM

Let's go. Hmmm what kind of tequila should I get? That is my big question!
(Bajagypsy was wondering what bikini to wear)

I have to figure out what lures and what type of tequila to buy.

Santiago - 8-4-2008 at 08:24 AM

Wow!! early and in close - this will really help out the pangeros this season.

elgatoloco - 8-4-2008 at 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Martyman
Let's go. Hmmm what kind of tequila should I get?

Cielo. :dudette:

tripledigitken - 8-4-2008 at 09:59 AM

Quote:

Cielo. :dudette:

Ahh! one I haven't tried.

Gato...........blanco, reposado, anejo?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Gracias

Ken

[Edited on 8-4-2008 by tripledigitken]

Von - 8-4-2008 at 02:35 PM

Ill be there SAturday cannt wait!:bounce:

capt. mike - 8-4-2008 at 03:08 PM

just saw a post on BBP , guy from Durango colorado went to Loreto and said fished thurs fri - some of the best he's ever seen!

panned the Desert inn big time tho former La Pinta .
he could have stayed at the Oasis...:spingrin:

4baja - 8-5-2008 at 06:13 AM

von can you report when you get back?, looks like we may be leaveing in two weeks. thanks on that.

dodo

tehag - 8-5-2008 at 10:51 AM

Every time I hear or read a reference to dorado (dolphinfish) as dodos, or do-dos, I find the irony of calling a popular gamefish that is currently being vigorously exploited by the same name as a popular avian food resource that was vigorously exploited all the way to extinction in a little less than a hundred years almost poetically apt.

Cypress - 8-5-2008 at 11:41 AM

tehag, Me too, but the Dorado produce umpteen million offspring and grow fast.:D They might just be around for a while.:D We can only hope.:D

4baja - 8-5-2008 at 06:24 PM

tehag, fastest growing fish on the planet. mature in 3 years and then crab food. want to go fishing?

Von - 8-5-2008 at 07:29 PM

I sure will report and i sure will be fishing for some doradito mmmmm!

Paulina - 8-6-2008 at 08:07 PM

The dorado were happening on the southern tip of La Guardia last week. Fish as big as 50 lbs as I previously reported. To this date there have been no dorado inside the bay. ie Horsehead. Maybe by the time you all get down here the fish will cooperate and come in. Even Yellowtail have been spotty lately.
Pepe Smith went 20 miles east of the southern tip of Estanque today for nada...Alfredo Diaz came back from the same area with two Groupers, nothing else.

Good luck,
p y d

Von - 8-6-2008 at 08:17 PM

Thanks 4 the report i hope its boiling when I get there the water not the weather hahahaha..................

Paulina - 8-6-2008 at 08:25 PM

Von,
The water was 92 degrees in front of our place...I'm sure you'll have a good time. We went over to Daggetts to look you up, didn't realize that you wouldn't be here till this weekend. The eighteen thousand hour thing you posted messed us up! Our math skills are on vacation!
P.

4baja - 8-7-2008 at 06:31 AM

von we may be leaveing thursday with about 5 buddys, got another report of a guy getting dorado just on the otherside of the big island. will have the big cutty this time so will be heading north mostly with a few outside trips.

Von - 8-8-2008 at 11:41 AM

28 hrs Ill be in the WATER!!! I got my fins ready to look for some scollops for lunch, my girls are ready for some swimin......

Cypress - 8-8-2008 at 11:45 AM

Von, Wishing you and the girls a safe journey. Good luck! Looking foreward to your report and some pictures.:D