BajaNomad

Loreto fishing results

Reeljob - 8-4-2008 at 08:40 AM

First, thanks everyone for the info on Capitans etc. Worked well.

Flew down Wednesday from Durango, CO (4 hours), stayed at the La Pinto (Now called the Desert Inn) AVOID AT ALL COST. pLACE IS A DUMP, EXPENSIVE, AND CONSTANTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION.

Fishing is another story. Best I have ever had. Limit of Dorado in less than 2 hours and released at least another limit. Grandson wanted to catch a sailfish, caught 2 (& released)

Back hom Sat with a bunch of filets & a trip a 16 yr old won't soon forget.

rpleger - 8-4-2008 at 09:34 AM

Wow...What a great trip for the grandson...Really sorry about the hotel..now we know...
Thanks for the report...

honda tom - 8-6-2008 at 09:19 PM

I was in Loreto July 11-14 and had some of the best dorado fishing ever. got 2 in the 45+ pound range. had to sit out a fri of fishing because of wind and waves but that gave us time for a drive to the mission.

I dont know how many times youve been to loreto, but the Pinta (desert inn), is about as good as it gets. I know... I know... there is always the off the beat and path place thats just perfect, but as far as...

distance to the dock
parking for your boat
pool
beach
cable with 40+ channels
big rooms ( the $100 suite)

its got a lot going for it. (although I never eat at the restarant.)

last year on our annual loreto trip the pinta was full... we stayed at the oasis, it was nice, but $125 rooms, further to the dock, a hell of a time moving the truck and boat around, and the resturant seemed to rip us a new one every time we ate there.

the pinta works fine