BajaNomad

Too Windy

Russ - 8-7-2008 at 03:55 AM

I had planned to get an early start on a quick trip North and was up at 3am to finish loading the truck. After taking a quick shower to remove the cob webs I heard my patio furniture sliding across the patio and being launched into the neighbors yard. CHIVASCO! I hurried to close up the windows and doors before the house filled with sand and pickup everything that had blown away or was going to take off in the 40mph gusts. So now most the things I had planned to do at a leisurely pace are done and I'm covered with sand and sweat. Back to the shower and this time the coffee's ready when I get out but the wind still gusting to the mid to upper 30"s. High gust 42mph. Now I sit here waiting for the wind to die a bit so I can finish loading the truck and begin my adventure to Laguna for a week or so. Bumber! The house is all closed up but I seem to be on the wrong side of the door..........
For the moment. :rolleyes:

[Edited on 8-7-2008 by Russ]

rpleger - 8-7-2008 at 07:34 AM

Big time for wind in Mulegé last night also...

Diver - 8-7-2008 at 07:46 AM

Russ,

Thanks for the chuckle.
I love your input and your tales - so glad you are part of Nomads !!

Bob and Susan - 8-7-2008 at 08:00 AM

we were up at three too...

lots of wind for a couple of hours...

now...flat

Russ - 8-8-2008 at 09:10 AM

Even though I left later than normal I had a good trip and didn't see any accidents. And now I see I missed the rain this morning. Well at least the cactus fruit will be ready when I return:bounce:

Pescador - 8-9-2008 at 08:35 AM

Be sure to save some for me. (second Harvest)