BajaNomad

BOLA - what else

marv sherrill - 8-23-2008 at 01:54 PM

Just checking in with a partial trip report - been here 3 weeks hope to stay a few more - An absolutly fantastic Agusut - 90 degrees during the day - cool breezes at night- enjoyed a fantastic light show last night - non-stop lightning along the entire horizon creating golden clouds - windy today - enjoying the many whale sharks in my new 14' achilles inflatable (bought a quad to pull it out of the water with) . Trying to get underwater photos of the whale sharks for the 2009 Baja calendar! If any nomads a cool trip photos they would like to share let me know- I still need a few pics to round out next years- Enjoyed a visit from nomad Von a few days ago - anybody else in the neighborhood stop by for a cold one and a chat with Zorro the cat! - Well back to reading and beer - Marv and Gail
y

Ken Bondy - 8-23-2008 at 05:32 PM

Hi Marv

Wish we could be there with you. These are about the best I could do from a few years ago in Bahia:

Paulina - 8-23-2008 at 06:26 PM

Ken,

Those are FANTASTIC! I was going to say almost as good as being in the water at the same time, but now that I think about it, I think your photos are better. I can see the whole whale at once in your photos. This summer I found myself eyeball to eyeball with the whales, couldn't see the whole animal. The clairity of your shots is what we could only hope to see from our mask and snorkles.
Thanks for sharing. They seem like calendar material to me!

Saludos,
P.<*)))>{

55steve - 8-24-2008 at 06:45 PM

Good deal Marv - looks like we will be heading down sometime in Sept - probably near the end of the month. We need to do some work at my bro's place at Gecko and probably get out and do some angling.

Yakfishing - 8-25-2008 at 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by marv sherrill
Just checking in with a partial trip report - been here 3 weeks hope to stay a few more - anybody else in the neighborhood stop by for a cold one and a chat with Zorro the cat! - Well back to reading and beer - Marv and Gail
y

Marv,
Will you still be there after Sept 12?
I'll be just down the road at Antonio and Bety's place.
Hope to see you.

Joe O.

4baja - 8-25-2008 at 05:21 PM

55 steve check your u2u

marv sherrill - 8-26-2008 at 02:50 PM

We probably will be leaving the second week of Sept, so I'll probably miss you - we should be back in first of Oct- hope you have a wonderful trip -- Steve how longare youstaying? Ken great whale shark pics! - Unfortunatly, the clearer the water the less chance of seeing whale sharks! I'm still hoping after the storm passes to try again - Marv and Gail

Von - 8-26-2008 at 10:31 PM

Hi Marv and Sherrill I remembered you mentioned you cannt log on to much but here is a pic from that mornings catch and that one that didnt get away.The Dorado I cought with the Daggetts.

IMG_6454almejas de bola.JPG - 38kB

El Dorado dormido en mi fridge.....

Von - 8-26-2008 at 10:32 PM

Hes sleeping in my fridge as we sleep in our warm beds

[Edited on 8-27-2008 by Von]

IMG_6448dorado2.JPG - 46kB

Yakfishing - 8-27-2008 at 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by marv sherrill
We probably will be leaving the second week of Sept, so I'll probably miss you - we should be back in first of Oct- hope you have a wonderful trip - - Marv and Gail

Marv,
Travel safe.
Maybe we'll get another chance to meet - hopefully soon!

Joe O.

David K - 8-27-2008 at 08:18 PM

Awesome dorado Von!!!

marv sherrill - 8-29-2008 at 04:55 PM

Nice dorado dude!!! still haven't seen one this trip - still lots of whale sharks and crazy weather! Looking at the clams - did you eat the fuzzy one to the right - an ark shell - they taste like a wet suit - Come back soon - Marv and Gail