BajaNomad

Paulina - 10-23-2008 at 05:55 PM

Good to see you here again, and thanks for posting your fantastic fishing photos. Those were the days, that's for certain!

Hope to see you in person soon, it's been too long!

P<*)))>{

Sallysouth - 10-23-2008 at 10:34 PM

Yeah Whistler, what Paulina said! I was thinking the same thing, and good to see you here again!What a sidewalk full of fish! Never gonna see that again...:(Where was that last pic taken and when? Curious mind wants to know....;D

[Edited on 10-24-2008 by Sallysouth]

Skipjack Joe - 10-23-2008 at 11:27 PM

Wow, that was a good year. Too bad I didn't know you back then. I think my biggest for 88 may have been a 16" trout.

:(

It was a GOOD halibut year

bajadave1 - 10-24-2008 at 05:25 AM

A toast to "88". BUT.......Maybe if you had released a few?

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Skipjack Joe - 10-24-2008 at 12:18 PM

Sally,

The expression "burned me off" means that one line crossed the other and the friction of them rubbing together caused the line to weaken and break. It's a source of frustration on party boats cause it's important for everyone to control their lines and not ruin it for your neighbor.

Reminds me of a time I brought a pal of mine to the redondo barge. He knew nothing about saltwater fishing and brought his freshwater rod and spinning reel to catch bonito. He would hook this fish and it just ran up and down the side of the vessel tangling everyone in sight. Eventually he would bring it on deck along with a ball of monofilament from about 20 anglers. Well, after removing his fish he cut the line at the start of the ball and then threw the entire mess over the side for the other guys to sort out. I think this only happened twice before there was a tap on his shoulder. It was the captain and he was not in a good mood. That was over 40 years ago and we still laugh about it when we get together - his induction to saltwater fishing.

Cypress - 10-24-2008 at 12:24 PM

whistler, Those are some impressive catches! Thanks for sharing the pictures.:yes:

baitcast - 10-27-2008 at 04:53 AM

The pic I like the most was those WSB,I,ve passed that on a couple of times,did you really get those from the beach?
Rob

Hi whistler..A great year fishing!..and welcome back.

Pompano - 10-27-2008 at 06:37 AM

NICE halibut...I need some more, too.

My favorite way to eat halibut is with a big grin!:spingrin:

HALIBUT TIMES...ALASKA 1998

55steve - 10-31-2008 at 09:38 PM

I would have to say that 1998 was probably the best fishing year I've had in my own boat south into Baja waters - it was the year that we had more & larger Dorado that East Cape, Cabo & Loreto combined...truly an amazing season with plenty of yellowfin tuna as well. This season was stellar for the larger (30 to 40 lb) YFT though.

Ford - 11-8-2008 at 08:21 AM

Great responces to little jabs about catching too many fish! Maybe you should include photos of what the commercial guys do to wipe out a school!!!! We are just picking a few out of a school, they take the whole school....