BajaNomad

The Wines of Baja California

JESSE - 5-17-2004 at 02:14 PM

Good article about Baja wine.

http://winebusiness.com/Winemaking/webarticle.cfm?AID=83218&...

Mexitron - 5-17-2004 at 04:30 PM

Yes, very good!!!!

Maybe we could get together a wine tasting tour for the nomads......I haven't been to any of those wineries yet(except Santo Thomas years ago.......).

JESSE - 5-17-2004 at 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexitron
Yes, very good!!!!

Maybe we could get together a wine tasting tour for the nomads......I haven't been to any of those wineries yet(except Santo Thomas years ago.......).

I know all the houses and the wines, i would gladly offer any assistance.

Mexitron - 5-17-2004 at 10:04 PM

Sounds like a plan....anyone else interested? Who's the designated driver!!

David K - 5-17-2004 at 11:26 PM

I will be navigator (my GPS is not affected by alcohol)! LOL

Seriously, I would like to know more about Baja wine... Been to L.A. Cetto because only they are open on Sundays. Maybe we could finish at that garden restaurant elgatoloco raves about?

BajaNomad - 5-18-2004 at 01:22 AM

I'm quite interested, and have a 7-passenger van we could use.

--
Doug

Wine Tour

academicanarchist - 5-18-2004 at 05:41 AM

I am not a big fan of wine, but if I were in California I would love to go to spend some quality time with Baja people.

TMW - 5-19-2004 at 05:50 PM

I like wine, sometimes for the taste and sometimes for the affect. I would like to do a wine tour.

JESSE - 5-19-2004 at 07:48 PM

I can plan the trip, give me a few weeks and i can present a plan for everybodys aproval.

as a devoted onephile i would like to

capt. mike - 5-20-2004 at 06:34 AM

do this as well. Doug - maybe we can enlist the help of an importer agent (lots of them at Brown field) so we could bring back cases, i'll pay duty, who cares? the wines ARE that good, i just don't want to be limited to one liter rule - the whole purpose of touring/tasting is to LOAD UP on the goods!! I can't get out of Temecula without at least 3 to 4 cases usually when we run up there for the day....

Besides that, you need some "conservative" balance on that bus load....:lol:

I'll stop in the office at Brown and see what they say on arranging an import coordination - we can return from Guadalupe thru otay.

Hey Is this a guy thing

Keri - 5-21-2004 at 08:26 AM

or can girls go to? I wanna go, Any other ladies out there like to go also? k:spingrin::bounce::tumble:

yeah!!!! it's always more fun to have

capt. mike - 5-21-2004 at 10:33 AM

las chicas along!!!!:bounce::smug::spingrin:

LA Cetto!

Bob H - 5-21-2004 at 02:16 PM

Wine at LA Cetto!!

Bob H - 5-21-2004 at 02:17 PM

elgatoloco - 5-21-2004 at 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Keri
or can girls go to? I wanna go, Any other ladies out there like to go also? k:spingrin::bounce::tumble:

Baja Barb is a wino!! :lol:

Let us know when!

Bob H - 5-23-2004 at 09:46 AM

Looking forward to know the dates.... ;)

wilderone - 5-24-2004 at 11:09 AM

Many of the wineries are open by appointment only. You should call ahead and be sure that the ones you want to visit will be open and ready for a group on the date you plan.

Would someone want to coordinate a charter bus out of Tijuana, to tour about 5-6 wineries and a restaurant?