BajaNomad

Positives from our new marina

Osprey - 11-3-2008 at 02:16 PM

Some positive things are bound to happen with the coming of the new marina here. They recently emptied one of the lagoons to get a better dig. (the first one got them a 1 million peso fine from SEMARNAT) As the water flows in the sea it feeds the sardines, the sardines stack up for breakfast, the sierra do the same. This AM me and a pal in his 12 ft Gregor took advantage of the whole operation.

[Edited on 11-3-2008 by Osprey]

Marina sierra Nomad.jpg - 36kB

Sallysouth - 11-3-2008 at 03:21 PM

YUM!! My very fav for ceviche!!! :yes:

tripledigitken - 11-3-2008 at 03:43 PM

Osprey,

Good for you, turning los limones en limonada!

Nice catch.

Ken

baitcast - 11-4-2008 at 09:26 AM

That story brings to mind the time fishin BOLA, at the south end of the bay there is this estro that fills at high tide,it has a small opening.

We happened to be there at high tide fishin corvina,as the outflow increased as the tide went out I noticed activity in the outflow,there were fish in close feeding on something?

It seems they were eating something that was being washed out in the outflow,there was alot of grass behind the opening so I started stomping around in there low and behold all sorts of critters showed and began floating out the opening:biggrin:

It was a regular convention,the fishin just got better by the min. minnows,triggers,corvina,sierra,little jacks,needlefish even a couple of halibut,more fun.

A learning experence for me,hadn,t thought about that in some time.
Rob