BajaNomad

Hello Baja Pilots!

David K - 11-6-2008 at 08:41 AM

Do you have aerial and/ or ground photos of Baja airports & landing strips... and would you post them here, if so? u2u me if you need help posting the photos.

Photos of Baja from above are very interesting to those of us who are without wings!

Gracias!

capt. mike - 11-6-2008 at 08:53 AM

David i have tons - i'll email you some and you can post or make a web page. i never learned how to make multiple pic posts but like to share stuff.

David K - 11-6-2008 at 08:59 AM

Thanks Mike, that would be great! I will make a post of your photos... Just put Baja Pics in the subject line of your email to me (info AT vivabaja.com)

[Edited on 11-6-2008 by David K]

David K - 11-6-2008 at 06:14 PM

Mike sent some aerial photos to me today... so stay tuned for a new thread: Baja Airport Photos, to appear soon...

Anyone else who has photos of airstrips from above, on approach, or on the ground... please post them here or email them to me (to post here)!

Phil C - 11-6-2008 at 08:27 PM

David, I think I have a copy of Arnold Senterfits book. Although dated It will be a good source. I'll let you know.

Phil C - 11-6-2008 at 08:36 PM

David, found it! Senterfitt's Airports of Mexico & Central America. My copy,(autographed) is from 1981. You're welcome to borrow it. It has extinsive photos, drawings and info on almost all the strips in Baja at that time. P

capt. mike - 11-7-2008 at 06:00 AM

Phil that was my 1st edition i bought, it was paper back but after s few years i had it hardbound cause it was falling apart.
still sits proudly on my bookcase in the command center here at central HQ. Holds a lot of great memories as we used it as our bible for the 1st jaunts south into mexico and baja.
those were my fav times - no GPS, no moving maps - just charts and dead reckoning with a compass, DG and clock/stopwatch.
the Arnold book got me where we wanted to go.

David K - 11-7-2008 at 10:22 AM

Thanks Phil, but I have three editions of Arnold's book AIRPORTS OF BAJA CALIFORNIA : 1967, 1972, & 1987... and I wasn't thinking of reproducing them here.

Instead, new or recent photos of airstrips taken by Baja Nomad pilots/ passengers... perhaps other aerial photos, too?