BajaNomad

To those looking for Elsa's condition (La Mijita, El Rosario).

BajaCactus - 11-16-2008 at 07:08 PM

Hi,

As some of you already know, yesterday morning (Saturday Nov. 15th), there was a shooting at in El Rosario at La Mijita's place... according to eye witnesses, a vehicle made a drive by shooting at the place with R15's and other semi-automatic weapons... supposedly the target were a couple of "self employed" locals... three people were shot and killed.

Elsa (the owner of the place AKA La Mijita) was also shot and wounded... she was taken to a hospital in San Quintin were they found that a bullet perforated her intestine and a major organ... they were unable to do anything for her so she was taken to Ensenada.

Today (Sunday) around 2:00 pm, it was decided to move her to a major Hospital in Tijuana, since the facilities in Ensenada were also unable to do anything for her.

Elsa's condition was critical... do not know if she has arrived to Tijuana yet... I will post more info as I get informed.

We are praying for her and her family.

God help us all.

BajaCactus
"Where the Baja is so much more than a dream..."

[Edited on 11-17-2008 by BajaCactus]

DianaT - 11-16-2008 at 07:17 PM

Thank you Antonio,

We hoped that the news was not so serious---just hate it when the innocent become the victim.

We will continue to send positive thoughts and energy her way and so hope for her recovery.

What is happening to the good people of Baja is just not right-----

John and Diane

Diver - 11-16-2008 at 07:46 PM

Thank you for posting, Antonio.
And wishing the best to Elsa and her family.

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboKimberly

So you go and dig up a post that is a month old and not intended to address this post, just for the purpose of creating a personal reason to slam someone you know nothing about ??

"Putz" ?? Hardly !

Very nice to meet you, Newbie. :rolleyes: :P :lol:

[Edited on 11-17-2008 by Diver]

BajaGringo - 11-16-2008 at 08:14 PM

Different people deal with such situations in different ways and one of those is with humor. I doubt that those comments cited were meant to make fun of those who deal with or fall victims to such events but only as a means to deal with the fear we all face in such trying times.

We all just need to lighten up and focus on the more important things like the fragile state of this poor woman and the safety of all who tread on this peninsula as residents and visitors.

Our prayers are with Elsa - please keep us updated Antonio...

elgatoloco - 11-16-2008 at 08:55 PM

Very sad. Elsa and her family are in our thoughts.

schwlind - 11-17-2008 at 12:56 AM

Very troubling situation... El Rosario seems too far south to even have concerns about this sort of thing happening... But I guess no matter where we are in Baja, we're not in a vacuum and anything can happen!

Along with all the others, we also send our thoughts, hope and prayers for a full and speedy recovery for Elsa and comfort for her family.

BajaNomad - 11-17-2008 at 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob
...Elsa (on the left with her husband and daughter)

[Edited on 11-17-2008 by BajaNomad]

100_0222.jpeg - 43kB

Iflyfish - 11-17-2008 at 03:11 AM

Lo Siento Mucho!

Iflyfish

woody with a view - 11-17-2008 at 04:41 AM

thanks Antonio.

SHOCKING!

ELINVESTIG8R - 11-17-2008 at 05:45 AM

http://elblogdelnarco.blogspot.com/

Tres hombres fueron acribillados en el poblado de El Rosario.

A las 9:00 horas, tiempo local, se reportó que en la negociación "La Mijita" había tres personas muertas.

Dos hombres fueron identificados como Luis Torres Cruz, "El Mariguas", de 33 años y Armando Villalobos Miranda, de 30, y el tercer cuerpo no ha sido identificado pero se le calcula una edad aproximada de 55 a 60 años.

En el lugar del crimen se localizaron 33 casquillos percutidos, calibres .223 y 9 milímetros, y una mujer fue lesionada en este último ataque.

Rough Translation:

Three men were riddled with bullets in the town of El Rosario.

At 9:00 hours, local time, it was reported that at the business called “La Mijita” there were three dead people.

Two men were identified as Luis Torres Cruz, “ EL Mariguas " 33 years of age and Armando Villalobos Miranda, 30 years of age and the third body has not been identified but is believed to be that of a person of 55 to 60 years old.

At the scene of the crime they found 33 used .223 and 9 mm shell casings. A woman was injured in this attack.

Update on La Mijita...

BajaCactus - 11-17-2008 at 02:37 PM

Elsa has been transferred to a major hospital in Tijuana... she is unconscious and in the ICU... her condition is very serious.

We will keep praying for her recovery.

God bless us all...

BajaCactus
"Where the Baja is so much more than a dream..."

woody with a view - 11-17-2008 at 02:59 PM

thanks for the udates Antonio.

keep fighting little sister!!!!:saint::saint::saint:

I hope this nice lady recovers

Dave - 11-17-2008 at 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaCactus
Elsa has been transferred to a major hospital in Tijuana... she is unconscious and in the ICU... her condition is very serious.

I also hope that none of y'all get shot anywhere south of Tijuana. Transferred from San Quintin to Ensenada then to Tijuana?

Also a crime. :mad:

Hook - 11-17-2008 at 07:57 PM

Dave, where the heck did you pick up your morose-colored glasses?:no:

Lemme guess............somewhere in Rosarito Beach?

You need to get that sailboat out of drydock...............

[Edited on 11-18-2008 by Hook]

woody with a view - 11-17-2008 at 08:14 PM

We love you Elsa. There are MANY people pulling for you!!!!

:saint::saint::saint:

Woooosh - 11-18-2008 at 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:

I also hope that none of y'all get shot anywhere south of Tijuana. Transferred from San Quintin to Ensenada then to Tijuana?

Also a crime. :mad:

One of the small lessons here is to get to the best hospitial in the area first. Not second, or third. Nothing good happens to a critical patient while getting moved around in transit. Hope she recovers fully.

David K - 11-18-2008 at 08:18 PM

I want to thank Antonio (BajaCactus) for coming onto Nomad with the word from El Rosario...

We wish a full recovery for Elsa, as well!!!

This kind of junk doesn't need to spread south from were it has been occuring... A sad day for Baja and El Rosario...:(

Bajaboy - 11-18-2008 at 08:54 PM

This stuff is all over Baja in my opinion. The drugs get moved north one way or another. The narcos are everywhere. It's just the violence that is spreading. It still amazes me how the narcos are able to move the drugs up the Baja Peninsula with the military presence..

A good friend of ours in Asuncion was affected by this shooting as well. We got the bad news just before we left. It's really sad but also a reality.

zac

woody with a view - 11-18-2008 at 09:04 PM

thanks to Antonio for keeping us/me abreast of the situation.

it seems that Elsa's husband Santos was also there at the fateful moment and was hit in the hand, meaning he was there to see his beautiful wife in need and his world fall into chaos.

i wake up 3-4 times every night thinking about how best to send my positive vibration to Elsa. she was the last in a long line of great Baja people that this should ever happen to. this is one of the truly good Baja families......

my wife and i are hoping the hospital will allow us to visit. as of now it is only "family".

PLEASE KEEP HER IN YOUR PRAYERS....

Thank You

KEEP HER IN YOUR THOUGHTS!!!

:saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint:

May God bless her...

BajaCactus - 11-19-2008 at 03:04 PM

I am very sad to informed you I was just told Elsa passed away...

I am shock and have no more words at the moment... I am leaving right now to the hospital to see if there is any support or help I can offer her family.

Elsa was a very kind and a good human being, she did not deserved what happened to her... May God bless her soul.

Antonio Munoz
BajaCactus

flyfishinPam - 11-19-2008 at 03:07 PM

Quote:

I am shock and have no more words at the moment... I am leaving right now to the hospital to see if there is any support or help I can offer her family.

Elsa was a very kind and a good human being, she did not deserved what happened to her... May God bless her soul.

Antonio Munoz
BajaCactus

Although I have never met her I am also in shock on reading this and have been following this thread daily. I am so sorry for her family and no she didn't deserve what happened to her. Our thoughts are with the entire El Rosario community.

CaboRon - 11-19-2008 at 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by flyfishinPam
Quote:

Antonio Munoz
BajaCactus

Although I have never met her I am also in shock on reading this and have been following this thread daily. I am so sorry for her family and no she didn't deserve what happened to her. Our thoughts are with the entire El Rosario community.

How very sad , I guess no one is safe anymore ...

CaboRon

ELINVESTIG8R - 11-19-2008 at 04:19 PM

My words cannot describe what I feel right now. This is such sad news.
I did not know Elsa but I passed by her restaurant every day while visiting Mama in El Rosario. Heavenly father please embrace Elsa in your arms and take her to your kingdom. Please comfort her family in their time of sorrow. Amen...

Sharksbaja - 11-19-2008 at 04:29 PM

What David said....:(:(:(

David K - 11-19-2008 at 05:14 PM

So very sorry for the family and friends of Elsa.... :(

fdt - 11-19-2008 at 05:22 PM

Cuanto lo siento.
Me cae que no se vale.

bajaboolie - 11-19-2008 at 06:51 PM

So very sad. Someone please let her family know there are lots of people who don't even know them how sad we are for their loss.

I send my deepest condolences.

:(

woody with a view - 11-19-2008 at 07:36 PM

We have lost one of the warmest, happiest people the world has to offer... I still can't believe this is happening.... Bia and I love Elsa... Where is the justice for the good people....

We are all shortchanged when we lose someone like Elsa... We will always remember her smile, the way she made you smile and the way she made you glad to be around her. Our prayers and condolences are with the rest of the family at this very trying time.

Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers. :saint::saint::saint:

We will remember you always, Mijita....

[Edited on 11-20-2008 by woody in ob]

jodiego - 11-19-2008 at 07:47 PM

I did not know Elsa, but after reading the many posts, I felt like I did know her. I am devastated by this news. It is a very sad day. My heart goes out to her family and friends. Via con dios senora.

BAJACAT - 11-19-2008 at 08:00 PM

Even do I never had the chance to eat there, I fell sad, it's not fare, that inocent, people have to paid for guilty ones, god forgives me but the people responssible for her tragic death, I hope the roth in hell...:fire:

:saint:DESCANSE EN PAZ ELSA:saint:

Skipjack Joe - 11-19-2008 at 08:05 PM

Jesus Christ! I had hoped these past few days this story would have a different ending. Like the one in Asuncion.

I'm very sorry. There's no justice in this world.

toneart - 11-19-2008 at 08:18 PM

I am very shaken at this news. If the family chooses to remain open for business in the future, I will continue to patronize their sweet restaurant every time I pass through El Rosario. Maybe we can all show our support in that way.
Vaya con Dios, Elsa! :saint:

thebajarunner - 11-19-2008 at 10:23 PM

We have made it a point to stop there each trip down,
and now the poor lady is gone,
something in this whole picture is just not fair.

Mexico- you are standing, precariously, at a real crossroads in your modern history,
and the outlook is not good,
not good at all!

RIP

Sallysouth - 11-19-2008 at 10:59 PM

Prayers to her family, and may God speed her to Heaven.:saint:

Barbareno - 11-20-2008 at 06:27 AM

So sad :( . As we stop in El Rosario in Dec we will pay our respects to the community.

Tim and Barb

MexicoTed - 11-22-2008 at 12:16 AM

Antonio,

I am so sorry for the loss of who sounds like a great person. Please give my condolences to her family and all of El Rosario. So sorry to see this violence so far south. Any idea of the motive? Was this drug violence or random shooting. who were the people killed?
Ted

BajaGringo - 11-22-2008 at 01:14 AM

So very sad and I join in offering David's prayer...

duke62 - 11-22-2008 at 02:11 AM

Thank you Antonio for the bitter pill.

I agree that "God help us all" is the most fitting statement I can repeat (you would not want to hear what I said when first I read the news, especially if children were present).

Even now, I say this with tears streaming down my face. BAJACAT, I was going to post earlier, but, I like you, was too consumed with hate & anger over this senseless, inhuman, despicable act.

God help us all.... Because, we all have a bit of blood on our hands when we let society reach this bottom level. Us in the U.S., with our voracious appetite for drugs, our government with its failed "war on drugs," and, Mexico, a country I love with all of my heart (after all, mi papi and his familia son de East Los Angeles via the Mexican Revolution), but which utterly neglects the very people that make me love it. I am not angry anymore, I am so beyond that, just profoundly sad.

However, can't we Nomads help out her family (funeral/medical expenses, or whatever)? Isn't that what we do? Isn't that the way we repay Baja and its citizens for the wonderful things they have given us?

We have way too many saints in el cielo lately. :no:

BAJACAT - 11-22-2008 at 12:37 PM

Duke62, I agree with you, lets show some BAJA NOMAD spirit and help.

[Edited on 11-22-2008 by BAJACAT]

vgabndo - 11-22-2008 at 04:07 PM

I am so afraid this is the family we met a year ago. Was there a granddaughter? A beautiful friendly tyke of about four? Que lastima.

schwlind - 11-22-2008 at 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by duke62

However, can't we Nomads help out her family (funeral/medical expenses, or whatever)? Isn't that what we do? Isn't that the way we repay Baja and its citizens for the wonderful things they have given us?

We have way too many saints in el cielo lately. :no:

I agree... we should collectively do something to help the family.
Linda