BajaNomad

Three Weeks in Asuncion with our newborn

Bajaboy - 11-21-2008 at 08:01 AM

Hola Amigos-

The wife and I were lucky enough to get parental leave (hers paid mine not) so we've been making the most of it. Just before heading to Baja, we took our son Gabriel camping at Mt. Laguna and he was great. This time, we thought we'd take him to our place in Asuncion. We had a great time and wanted to share some of our vacation with you.

Here are the pictures:
Part One:
http://picasaweb.google.com/ZAJohnston/20081027BahiaAsuncion...

Part Two:
http://picasaweb.google.com/ZAJohnston/BahiaAsuncion102008Va...

And I did a short write up on my blog (see below). Some of the highlights, though, included the surprise baby shower, time with our neighbors and friends (including my mom who is down there now), working on the casiita, and the wide-open fishing. We're hoping to sneak back down for New Years if we can.

Enjoy!
Zac

Lauriboats - 11-21-2008 at 08:20 AM

Thanks Zac, we really enjoyed meeting you, Tracy and Gabriel. Looking forward to spending more great times together in Asuncion. Jim and Lauri

Timo1 - 11-21-2008 at 08:37 AM

We sure hope you and yours will all be down at New Years Zac
Excellent report on your blog
One more week and we hit the road
Gonna be a lonnnnngggg week
Tim

shari - 11-21-2008 at 09:00 AM

You and yours are widely missed here....every store I go into, they all say...Y Isaac???? everyone asks about you and when you are coming back...hey Zac...please post a pic of that monster black sea bass your neighbour caught! look forward to seeing you soon...
please tell GAbriel....que lindo eres...for me

Bajaboy - 11-21-2008 at 09:43 AM

So after a huge lobster feed at San Pablo, we returned to our casita ready for bed. As we pulled up to our place, though, we saw a bunch of people at our neighbors house carving what I thought was a pig. They were having a family reunion and thus I assumed it was a party.

Well, their son, Luis, comes running over saying in Spanish that we need to come over. I was tired and was going to pass until his mother, Angela, also said we needed to come over and look at something. So we walk over to see a huge fish that they had caught earlier in the day. They said the fish was caught north of San Pablo on 40# test for 2.5 hours. They guessed it to be 100+ kilos. We enjoyed the festivities for a while thanking our neighbors for including us in their festivities.

DSCN0350 (640x480) (350x263).jpg - 50kB

El Camote - 11-21-2008 at 12:36 PM

Zac, the slideshow is spectacular! I had no idea the inland areas around Asuncion are so scenic. Gabriel is a charmer, no doubt. It will just keep getting better. Wait until his tiny voice utters the words, "Dad, I love Baja", your heart will melt! Can't wait to plan a camping trip with our little men. How 'bout Pancho's in 2010? Hugs to Tracy.

capt. mike - 11-21-2008 at 12:50 PM

wow, some fish....can't fit that one into my bass-0-matic.

Barbareno - 11-22-2008 at 07:26 AM

Fantastic pictures Zak. I was sorry to see the pictures come to an end. It is so cool seeing your dreams coming true. You all look so happy. Hey did you let the cats out of the house at all?

Your working so hard on your place and I love watching the process. Love the table. And that tile you did on the wall.

Wish we were doing what your doing.

Seeing alot of familar faces again was such a treat....thanks for sharing.

Oh and that Bass. Can't get over that. Must be what some people call a mystery fish. The fish that breaks rods.

Barb

Diver - 11-22-2008 at 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barbareno
Wish we were doing what your doing.
Barb

You guys want a baby too ?? :?: :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can loan you Zack anytime.
He already likes your camper "facilities" ! :lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 11-22-2008 by Diver]

Barbareno - 11-22-2008 at 07:58 AM

No no no Diver. As cute and adorable as Gabriel is, that is not on my list of things to get. :lol:

But we will need a cat.

Barb

Barbareno - 11-22-2008 at 08:06 AM

Besides Diver...we have a baby waiting for our arrival. Meet Ottis

Barb

jorgie - 11-22-2008 at 08:30 AM

Really great, you are`at home.....

Diver - 11-22-2008 at 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barbareno
Besides Diver...we have a baby waiting for our arrival. Meet Ottis

Barb

Very cool.
I think Arley would approve !

Hope to see you there next month !

David K - 11-22-2008 at 09:30 AM

Good for you Zac and Tracy... my kids have been going south since they were 1-2 years old... Good stuff!

Iflyfish - 11-22-2008 at 02:39 PM

Great pics Zac! I can see why everyone is falling in love with that kid! Thanks, that kid will have Baja in his blood!

Iflyfish

Bajaboy - 11-22-2008 at 03:12 PM

Thanks everyone-we are currently in Arizona with the grandparents and will take Gabriel to the Ironman race here. Who knows if he'll follow in my footsteps in that regard.

Barb, our cats our indoor cats although one did make an escape on our final day. Never did see a mouse on this trip!

El Camote-I'm all over a visit to Pancho's...just give me some advance notice...I guess you did.

We'll continue to share our adventures.

Zac