BajaNomad

Fishing from La Playita

bajajudy - 11-21-2008 at 10:36 AM

My husband and a friend went fishing and caught 4 dorado, 2 huge wahoo. 2 grouper and 3 tuna. It was a very busy day what with all the reeling and gaffing. They were home early, tired and happy.

Sashimi the first night. Grouper frito entero at Fishing Town in La Playa...great salsas and beans and rice for $70...the second night. And last night I made Wahoo Veracruz which was muy sabroso!( http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Red-Snapper-Ver... ) I didnt have raisens so I substituted dried cranberries AND I didnt cook it in the oven. I seared the wahoo in a separate pan, poured the savory sauce over the filets, covered and cooked about 10 minutes or until the fish flaked with my fork.

BTW They are enforcing the limits here now. I am glad that they are! There is a vigilante panga that goes out occasionally too.

Osprey - 11-21-2008 at 06:50 PM

Judy, you've given all us fishermen Nomads real good news. FONMAR is getting active. They might hold a slim hope for the future of the SOC and Pacific fisheries. The plan is to start enforcing fishing rules, selling more licenses and conserving the license/permit revenues to be used in the area of sale/receipt rather than having millions go to Mexico City, get lost in the shuffle, never get back where it's needed. They are active here now and the fishemen are peeed, the fish are jumping for joy and the grandsons and granddaughters of every living fisherman now has a chance at what might otherwise be a joyless, fishless world.