BajaNomad

Any fishing reports from San Lucas Cove?

drzura - 11-26-2008 at 07:44 AM

Hello. I have not heard of any new fishing reports from San Lucas Cove or Santa Rosalia. I will be coming down for a 10 day fishing trip during Christmas, and was wondering if anyone had any new reports. Getting more excited as the departure day gets closer. Thanks..

Damion

amirravon - 12-23-2008 at 02:56 AM

Have a good trip.... don't forget to post a trip report

marry Christmas

Bob and Susan - 12-23-2008 at 06:02 AM

our neighbor was going out this morning...

he got the panga loaded yesterday

his plan was to head to the "islands":light:

this morning some south winds...alot warmer here;)

Hook - 12-23-2008 at 06:09 AM

I have a friend who is making the crossing from Sonora as we "speak." He's got a panga and he is being towed across by a large sailboat. He will be fishing pretty regularly. AS soon as I get a report from him, I'll post it. I expect he will fish the seamounts n. of San Marcos and probably the islas Santa Inez.

Pompano - 12-23-2008 at 06:41 AM

Just headed out the door for the ramp in Mulege now and then to Pt. Conception for pintos...Sta. Inez islands area for some yellowtail action..check out San Marcos, etc...no bait, just darts, jigs, and Mirros.

I'll report back later if I survive this code in my node.

Hmm...shall we fry, bake, or barbeque tonight? Naw..good old-fashioned, carbo-loading, vein blocking, pan-fried is the answer. It's Taco Tuesday. Anyone got a special recipe in mind?

mulegemichael - 12-23-2008 at 07:32 AM

we fished sta. inez yesterday and caught a bunch of little yellowtails that we sent back to grow up....nothing more...tried live macks and trolled with mirrolures..

mulegemichael - 12-23-2008 at 09:20 PM

a buddy caught a 35# + 'tail today out there in that area...big water...wow!

losfrailes - 12-23-2008 at 10:22 PM

Try to get Pescador up for the question. There is no one more knowledgeable nor adept at fishing the Isla San Marcos area.

You have questions about what is going on there fishing wise, Call Jim!