BajaNomad

Tuna waited for Timo in Asuncion!!!

shari - 12-4-2008 at 07:28 PM

Our biggest worry this month was that the tuna would move on down the current before Timo and Barbareno got here...but Juan the tuna whisperer convinced em to hang around a bit longer...and they did.
Barbareno and Timo left BC canada on sunday and pulled in here at high noon on wednesday....now THAT is pretty good time in a big RV!!! Tim was on a mission....to catch his first tuna!

His new disco purple cedar plug proved to be the bomb as he and another canuck angler David, limited out on nice tuna within 3 miles of shore up near san pablo and hauled in some nice yellowtail as well.

Meanwhile Nancy & I had a wonderful swim while the fishers unloaded their booty...the water is still in the mid to high seventies so gorgeous for splashing around in.

It was a group effort to clean and prep the fish for smoking and then we gorged on sashimi and crab and R & C's and the slabs are in the brine ready to smoke tomorrow....goody goody goody...should go real well with those noche buenas of Russ's!
It's great to have Barbareno and Timo back in town...they are groovin in the new campground and barb can be found flingin flies into the surf at dawn on the beach.
PS: I wont post a picture that will pee off the grouchy nomads

[Edited on 12-5-2008 by shari]

woody with a view - 12-4-2008 at 07:32 PM

i speak for the jealous nomads when i say...post the foto!!!!

otherwise we won't believe a word of it....:lol::lol::lol:

Udo - 12-4-2008 at 08:23 PM

The purple cedar plug is a nice hint...now...:?:if we could only figure out Juan's secret spot:spingrin:

By the way...
very nice time by Barbareno & Timo from BC. Were the pills prescription or did they just make a run at the nearest truck stop?:?:;);)
I take it there were no women on this trip from BC.

jorgie - 12-4-2008 at 10:01 PM

WOW......Tim & Barb sunday to wednesday ....That was motoring, via Yuma ?

shari - 12-5-2008 at 06:33 AM

Ya see Udo...canuck women are troopers...when we get something in our minds to do....well...we just burn rubber! Barb...the woman...is amazing and they just took turns...also saves alot of time in an RV cause you dont have to make pee stops and just can make coffee, food and c-cktails while rollin on down the road...gotta go get the smoker fired up amigos.

Iflyfish - 12-5-2008 at 08:58 AM

I would love to hear a report on the flyfishing from the beach. You guys have more fun!!

Saludos

Iflyfish

shari - 12-5-2008 at 09:29 AM

Oh yeah, Barb is the flyfish queen! She's busy getting settled in for a good long stay but will post a report soon.
So, they show up here at 7:30 and get the tuna on the smoke...at around 9:00, Timo hands me a beer and when I hesitate, he says....this can has a 10:00 expiration date....my good laugh for the day...so I took it...beer before oatmeal...hmmmm....OK!
We just tasted the first sample...Timo brought alder chips....smells like home. Excellent flavor....
I concur that we have MORE fun.

shari - 12-5-2008 at 10:30 AM

ummmm yummm

sashimism.jpg - 50kB

woody with a view - 12-5-2008 at 10:36 AM

your computer is posessed. smallest sashimi on record.

shari - 12-5-2008 at 10:39 AM

all I see is sashimi in a snowstorm.....argggghhhh

jorgie - 12-5-2008 at 11:39 AM

It just gets better

Iflyfish - 12-5-2008 at 12:57 PM

Did everyone get such a small piece of sashimi?

Iflyfish

Bajagypsy - 12-5-2008 at 06:48 PM

So Glad that barb & tim got down safe!!

Tell them to have 10,0000 drinks for me as it is snowing here.

shari - 12-5-2008 at 06:56 PM

I think they are half way through that now gypsy! We're here stuffing ourselves with smoked tuna tonight...and tecate.

Tiomiguel - 12-5-2008 at 07:14 PM

That is great time making it from BC down that fast, good job Tim and Barb to do it safely without any problems.
See you all in about 10 days.

mulegemichael - 12-5-2008 at 10:00 PM

wish we were there with you and juan, shari...but alas are up here in the cold north right now...flying back down on sunday and home in mulege on monday...PLEASE... VISIT....you know where we live...miss you guys..m and r.

shari - 12-6-2008 at 01:48 PM

hopefully we can stop in for a quickie visit next week....
The smoked tuna came out super delicious and tim and barb last night caught croakers on every cast in front of the new campground at the beach with bonita bits as bait. Tonight is a village beach party which is a fund raiser for the school featuring a bonfire, beer tent, carne asada tacos and kareoke!!! We need a few margaritas to warm up for THAT event!

Timo1 - 12-7-2008 at 05:18 PM

Where am I ???
All ofa sudden my arms are sore
I have a plate of smoked tuna in front of me and the internet cafe dude are chowin down
Is this Margerita nite????....Or was that last nite ????
Whats snow ???
The croakers in San Roque never stopped this morning.....I'll get Barb to show you a pic of my kind of double header......with my 3 amigos.....hehehehehe
More to come friends
Tim

Bajaboy - 12-7-2008 at 06:42 PM

Hey Tim-

Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself. See you around the 28th!

zac

Diver - 12-7-2008 at 06:49 PM

I have been too jealous to comment !!
Glad to hear it's all happening for you.
See you on the 23rd !!

Iflyfish - 12-8-2008 at 08:26 AM

You guys are killin me! Have a blast! Send pics. Take prisoners!

Iflyfish