BajaNomad

Trapped in Baja

Sharksbaja - 12-13-2008 at 02:59 PM

Trapped in Baja

There was odd feeling that day that we were being watched closely. What could be more unnerving to a solitary traveler far off the pavement in Baja.

It was not the first time something made me look back. There was nothing unusual about my four-wheeling around in the backcountry alone. The weather in October was a comfy 85F with night temps in the sixties. Great weather for exploring.

I had my dog, my sat phone and at least 10 days of food, water and TP. I felt at home skirting the gigantic boulders by just inches along the black volcanic heel of a mesa.

Buzz always comes along on the trips. He's a "regular" traveler to isolated arroyos, coves and beaches in Baja. Like me, he finds relaxation and solace bouncing along with surreal landscape vistas at every turn. If the time came I know Buzz would save the day -with his Collie intelligence and physical prowess.

Then all of a sudden Buzz reeled to the back window staring acutely as a dog does. What is he looking at back there in the rocky canyon. I swear the next time I won't miss it, whatever it is. But let's be real.

We've been poking along the steep canyon bottom hours from the pavement. I can look back down the track behind me and see a plume of dust for at least a mile, it just hangs there floating in the air. It's strange stuff, this dirt. I can't see anything traveling behind us, the dust would be that much more intense.

The road or rather dirt track here is very old. You can tell it was built for those narrow wheelbase models by the number of deep scratches the length of my truck. That's normal for Baja though and I have pledged to plow them wider and be the sacrificial lamb for future trekkers.

We love passing by old corrals and abandoned ranches, beautiful azure blue pools. This area is one big adventure with grand towers of stone colored with hues of red and blue. A photographers' and geologists' paradise.

This time we were both startled when we heard a loud crashing sound behind us. I couldn't believe it. There was a gigantic boulder that smashed down upon the road maybe 10 feet behind us. Damn thing was the size of a VW bus and was squarely between us and our exit.

There is no way to skirt back around this monster from what I can see. There is log jam of boulders all over this narrowing of the canyon walls. I suppose those rocks came from the same place that one did that almost killed us. Should we keep going farther?

I don't have a winch but I don't think one would do squat here anyway. Now I started to get a little antsy because I checked out the maps with the GPS I realized there is only one way in and out.
The sandy arroyo leading up that remote canyon serves as the road for many miles. The terrain changes from soft sand to a coarse grained rocky texture to finally large out-croppings of various types of beautiful stone and an ever-narrowing gorge.

Sometimes the sand can be very deep and the rocks sharp and treacherous. Getting stuck out here is not an option, more like a nightmare.

Why the hell did that rock fall where it did when it did? Who is back there that catches our eye occasionally, the military? How in the world am I going to get my truck out of here? Oh hell, how are WE getting out. Who gives a darn if this place is secret.... oh boy.........now what do I do?

Next: Three days of hell and high water

DENNIS - 12-13-2008 at 03:03 PM

Good writing, Corky. Keep'em coming.

Skipjack Joe - 12-13-2008 at 09:27 PM

I'm looking forward to the next episode. To see how you managed to get out of this one.

Sallysouth - 12-13-2008 at 09:47 PM

On the edge of my seat,,,,,,waiting.:o

vandenberg - 12-14-2008 at 08:07 AM

Great yarn Sharks.

May I suggest some SEMTEX :P

David K - 12-14-2008 at 09:33 AM

Go Corky, go!

BajaGringo - 12-14-2008 at 10:36 AM

Maybe he hasn't gotten out yet and the entire adventure is being transmitted via sat-phone???

;)

DENNIS - 12-14-2008 at 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
Maybe he hasn't gotten out yet and the entire adventure is being transmitted via sat-phone???

;)

No, he got out. He's a lifeguard in Newport, Oregon.

Sharksbaja - 12-14-2008 at 12:33 PM

You should see the truck now!:o:o

Ok so the rock wasn't quite that big.:lol: Oh yeah, about that stupid Globalstar sat phone. I found out right there how well they DON'T work in east-west facing deep canyons. I'll explain soon.

Iflyfish - 12-14-2008 at 01:44 PM

Did he die?

Iflyfishwhennotholdingmybreathinsuspense

Trapped in Baja

Sharksbaja - 12-14-2008 at 02:23 PM

Hell and high water

The panic had not set in yet. I've been stuck before all by my lonesome more than once. Usually just a flat tire or buried in the sand. I do have some stuff to help recover though. A 3 ton floor jack, a 5 ton bottle jack, two comealongs, a sheet of 3/4' plywood cut lengthwise, rope,chain, my trusty HI-lift plus tons of tools.

Moving giant boulders like that would be new to me. I've had to move some pretty big rocks before but never anything like that. I had to take pause and figure out my next move.

I took another look at the maps I had and before the trip I GoogleEarthed the entire canyon up close. With my setup I can follow tracks unseen to the driver. My position is shown granted you can catch at least a couple satellites to tringulate the exact position. My Garmin works well in most places even indoors. Now I hoped that my prerun on GoogleEarth got cached on my harddrive. That would give me more detail on exactly what's ahead or around me.

I knew those sheer canyon walls were high and the topo maps indicated the rim was about a 1000 feet above the canyon floor. There was no way to climb up here if I wanted to. I was either going to go forward or back the way I came. I fired up the laptop and plugged in my Garmin which indicated a fair sat connection. That was a good sign.

This trip may take a bit longer than I expected. I felt fortunate to have packed all the stuff I did. I'm always teased by folks about what I have in the truck. I like comfort and I like to have something to work with. So I scouted around there for a place to put up the tent this night.

Not to far up the canyon, perhaps a hundred yards, was a little wider spot in the track. Flat and sandy. I should have taken a clue then. It was a beautiful evening and Buzz sat and watched as I set up a nice little campsite. I got out some Mulege tortillas and fried up some with queso and beans and Herdez sauce over a nice campfire.. Yummy. Buzz had some cheese and kibbles and some Milkbone treats. I cranked up the stereo and filled the canyon with the sounds of Stevie Ray and Dick dale. Man did that sound badass in there.

Somehow I wasn't that worried. I did have a phone afterall. Sometime in the night the wind started whistling up the canyon and woke me up. These instant blows happen all the time in Baja so I got up and made fast all the corners of the tent and then crawled back in and went back to sleep.

The next morning was glorious. The sun was rising up through the canyon projecting vivid hues of orange across the volcanic faces staring down on us. I got out some bacon and eggs and made coffee. My head was clear and I was determined to find an escape route.
I booted up the computer and lo and behold, the canyon divulged itself via GoogleEarth. The images were still cached on my hard drive. I scanned up the canyon for three miles or so and it looked the same as this place. Sheer walls to the end of the track.

Now I had to think hard about traveling farther east up the huge crack in the earth. I had a least a 1/2 tank of gas and a jerry can full so I wasn't too concerned about running out of gas. Maybe water would be a problem if I couldn't get out soon. I didn't savor the thought of hiking the 10 or so miles out of here but did not dismiss the idea if it got to that point.

After I got fueled up I decided to see if that sat phone was going to perform. I tried three or four places around camp to no avail. I hate that phone. I have used it a number of times but the service is marginal. One time I couldn't get it to work so I drove up a nearby mountain seeking more bars. What a piece of doo doo same amount of bars up there on the mountain, none. Other times however it has worked just fine.

This sucked, if I wanted to make a call I would probably have to scale that canyon wall. Ugh, I didn't relish the thought. Still, it was my security blanket. I stuffed some granola bars and some lemons and water in my pack and we headed off on foot up the ravine searching for a path to the top of the mesa.

About a mile up the way was an animal path leading up the wall. It appeared to go all the way up so we took it. Must have been mountain goats because it got so steep it reminded me of rockclimbing. An hour later we were only half way up when it turned dark.
Not because the sun was going down but because a humongous dark cloud was obscuring the daylight.

The downpour caught us offguard. I was soaked in seconds. It wasn't warm either,it was damn cold rain. I tucked myself against the cliff to avoid the deluge and figured we would just wait it out. That didn't happen however. The rain just got harder and harder. I was looking down to the bottom where the trail met the track. We were a good 500 ft up the treacherous incline. I could see water now flowing down the formerly dusty dry stream bed.

We turned around and headed back down. I slipped and slid down the wet gravely trail about 15 feet. Stopped by a sharp rock in the knee. Ouchy cha cha! That freakin' hurt!! Good thing I had Levis and hiking boots on. Buzz was havin no problem luckily but you could tell he was concerned, he kept close and would bark when I would stop my progress down the rocky trail.

We could now hear the water above the hard rain. It was filling the canyon at an alarming rate now. We hit the bottom running. I forgot all about my dinged up knee. All I could think about was getting back to camp and the truck. I had no idea how close the rising water could be there.

It didn't take long to get there and assess our plight. I needed to get everything in the truck now and move it to higher ground a 100 yards east. There we were, a hundred yards east sitting in the truck watching the water rise .....

DianaT - 12-14-2008 at 02:51 PM

Enjoying this-----:yes::yes:

Cypress - 12-14-2008 at 03:06 PM

Sharksbaja, Tuned in for the conclusion!:biggrin:

desertcpl - 12-14-2008 at 05:25 PM

yes this is enteresting,,, sounds like quite an adventure,, dont know why he would go it alone that is really asking for it for so many reasons

Verrry EEEEEEEntersting!

Skipjack Joe - 12-14-2008 at 07:47 PM

Why not email your google-earth position to friends in mulege?

Arte1.jpg - 26kB

BornFisher - 12-14-2008 at 08:19 PM

Awesome! We`re right there with you!
Hope you ain`t messing with us Shark. But what the Hell... it`s all good!

Sharksbaja - 12-14-2008 at 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Why not email your google-earth position to friends in mulege?

Yep Joe that was the reason to get up top of the mesa. That was a gamble in more than one way. Oh btw, when you have no internet connection with GE you relyy on cached images and info to enable it to function.
Depending on where you surfed to most recently will determine what and how well you can see something. For example, like I said, I looked the canyon over in depth at home while connected to the internet via wireless.
Fortunately (or maybe not) I had these available still in the cache of my (laptop) computer. I was able to see that the rim of that vertical canyon was consistent in height (1000') for the next three miles to it's apparent termination.
GE is deceiving sometimes so I always confir with topo maps when necessary. But just for sheer ease of use and the "realtime" feel I get with it is great. You can spot stuff you'd never seen from a vehicle. Saved my burro and time searching for lost tracks or disappearing ones a few times already.
Don't dispair, it will be "free for everyone" soon they swear it!

I have traveled backroads alone many times. We talked years ago about the "what if" factor. Be well prepared is what I say. Use your learned skills and take the time to think it out. I probably in hindsight should have hiked the three or so miles back out to where the canyon becomes a valley and tried the sat phone. That cliff was a helluva lot taller and steeper than it looked like from the bottom.:wow:

It's really just a matter of magnitude of difficulty to me. The odds of getting out of trouble greatly increase the farther off untraveled routes you go. I'm not talking about roads that lead somewhere.
I rated this trek medium risk. In other words, an ability to get out on foot in one piece. Ten miles in or more and then it starts to get scary. I figure I could beat feet out of there and be back on the carrera in a days hike. I had backpack stuff with me.

My predicament there was one of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Big time wrong time!:lol:

Besides, my truck cost more new than our house did 22 years ago, not adding on all the whistles and bells.:wow:
It would be hard to just walk away from it, even though there was only one way in and nobody had driven in there for a long time. Some cows were in there tho! I forgot about them till now. I wonder what happened to them?:no:

[Edited on 12-15-2008 by Sharksbaja]

boe4fun - 12-14-2008 at 09:27 PM

I can just envision Steve Rays rendition of Pipeline echoing off of the canyon walls!

Sharksbaja - 12-14-2008 at 09:37 PM

Oh, I do have a Ventures or two CD's. Man I love that music in places like this. Really like an ampitheater there. Mother Natures' acoustics for sure. Almost was waiting for some Gringo to scream at me to turn it down!:lol:

Ever been to Red Rocks?

Pompano - 12-15-2008 at 06:42 AM

Okay, Corky...you drive the Toyota back under the rock while we hold it up. But hurry, will ya...? This thing is heavy!

Osprey - 12-15-2008 at 07:37 AM

Sharks, I'm warning you, if in chapter 3 you describe in gorey detail about surviving on some disgusting animal entrails or weird Baja bugs I'm turning you in to the Writer's Guild.

wilderone - 12-15-2008 at 11:29 AM

Not to hijack - but did anyone cath the Discovery channel Man vs. Wild yesterday? He was in "northern Mexico" - and at the end was crossing Laguna Salada and made it to the coast. IMO, a lot of manipulation with reality in order to create the program (e.g., "skunks are good eating"; he rigs a snare, snares the skunk, cuts off his head, but then does nothing with it - doesn't eat it). He walks across Laguna Salada mid-day complaining of the heat, with no hat on. etc. etc.

David K - 12-15-2008 at 12:17 PM

I saw it another time... funny how he gets to the Sea of Cortez without crossing any roads (Hwy. 5 or 3) or seeing people? Yes, a set up to show what 'could be' if in the desert...???

Sharksbaja - 12-15-2008 at 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
Sharks, I'm warning you, if in chapter 3 you describe in gorey detail about surviving on some disgusting animal entrails or weird Baja bugs I'm turning you in to the Writer's Guild.

Uh sorry Osprey that WAS the last chapter.;D

That rock there looks like about the same size Roger.

First thangs first tho. I always wanted to fish a river like this one. As soon as that storm passed I was on it. I did have some lures so it's not like I wasn't prepared.:P

Back to the story

Sharksbaja - 12-15-2008 at 09:04 PM

Drying out

I have never been caught up in an arroyo that was flooding. It was a scary situation. I remember how Hurricane John destroyed the area in just a couple hours of heavy rain. I kept thinking how secure I usually feel in my truck. Today was an exception.

The whole bottom of the canyon floor was now moving with fast water. It must have been moving 30 mph there where it was narrow here between the canyon walls. Was this place formed from these exact type of events? Me thinks so. Water was just running off the rock walls everywhere and formed waterfalls wherever it had an opportunity to.

This can't last long I told the dog who kept looking out the rear window. That made me nervous. The last time he did that something bad happened. I immediately jumped out of the truck to try to eye the cliff looming overhead. I was afraid all the water was going to loosen more boulders. I really couldn't see anything up there. There was practically no visibility so I just went back in the cab and worried some more. The water was a good 5 ft below our little perch . Would that be enough? I kept my eyes peeled on the edge of the flow.

We sat there for 2 hours before the clouds disappeared and the bright sun broke through directly overhead, What a glorious sight indeed! We felt safe, well safe from the flood anyway. The whole place looked different with a veritable river cascading down the gentle slope of the desert floor. I walked back to take a look at the place where we spent last night. Good thing we up and moved. The water had inundated that place and was still 4-5 feet deep right there where we camped.

Wasn't much we could do. I thought about pitching the tent near the truck but it would have been a rediculous idea with all the rock so I opted to camp in the truck that night. Not much fun but I know how to arrange everything to make it cozy. I have many amentities to keep me entertained. I popped a movie in the laptop grabbed a snack and spent the evening stuck in the truck.

The next morning I awoke to find the swift water had turned to a small creek. Wow, what a difference a day makes! Today was dedicated to resolving my situation. Either I find a way to negotiate the exit with the truck or I spend today preparing for the hike out tomorrow. I was not going up the cliff again. I figured the worse, that my sat phone would not work when we did break free of the canyons' impedence.

The big rock that fell behind my truck had diverted the raging water around it causing a huge hole to form in front of it. As it swirled around the rock it deposited a large amount of sand on the downriver side of this rock making an even larger obstacle in the old track. In fact it looked a whole lot different around there now.

That was to my advantage however and I could now turn the truck around in that sandy camp spot if I back up the hundred yards. It had grown to a considerably larger sandy beach . I wasn't sure if that would matter if I turned around since I was still trapped regardless of the direction I was facing. I knew there was no use to trekking further east up the track. I just felt better if I were facing out of this damn place.

So I did, I got the beast turned around and I inched up to the hole and boulder. As I gazed closer at that rock and hole it almost looked like I could go over there and with a little digging and coaxing maybe that rock would fill the gap. What did I have to lose if I failed. That is if I didn't get hurt or killed trying.

Just in case I packed up a good 2 days of supplies and my gear to hike out in case my plan with the rock failed. I first had to excavate that hole to accomodate that big sucker if I could only dislodge it and roll it into an appropriate hole. The sand was wet and heavy but was easy to shovel. I worked for hours and eventually got out the tape measure to help me gauge my progress. I must have removed two yards of sand before I was content with my hole. The dog loved it. He was playing in the tailings of my excavation with great appreciation.

The next step was to reveal the backside of the object that had become a sand hill. Probably another yard or so of material was removed before most of it was cleared. I was beat from all that work. Now I just had to figure a way to push it or pull it into the cavity I helped create. I still needed to apply some serious thought into moving this roadblock.

I was able to set up a great campsite before dusk. The spot was nice and flat now with newly deposited sand. I made a meal of salami and cheese sandwiches, something Buzz adores. It was a beautiful night and I also knew if I stayed another day or portion thereof I would be obliged to stay even one more day. I sure wanted out bad.

next: The big push/pull

baitcast - 12-16-2008 at 06:35 AM

This is great stuff Sharks,can,t wait for the push/pull
Rob

LOSARIPES - 12-17-2008 at 03:09 AM

Can't wait.!!

Barry A. - 12-17-2008 at 11:09 AM

Bump---------still waiting---------donde es?

Barry

Osprey - 12-17-2008 at 12:36 PM

Sharks, I love a mystery but I know you made it out alive to tell the tale and besides no body can ever starve in the desert because of all the sand which is there.

Barry A. - 12-17-2008 at 01:10 PM

Sand---------------yummy!!!

Phil S - 12-17-2008 at 01:29 PM

Corky. I know your somewhere out of Mulege, 'messin'" around.!!! You must have maybe gone up the arroyo past the orange groves, and then up another canyon?? Am I close???? don't have my 4X4 anymore to "go see" Besides, You had the adventure, and I can "live it" through this serialed episode. great adventure. Hopefully the end is coming soon, so I can have Wendy read it. At the same time, Corky. Merry Christmas to you and all the other Nomads!!!!!! Phil & Wendy

[Edited on 12-17-2008 by Phil S]

longlegsinlapaz - 12-17-2008 at 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
Sharks, I love a mystery but I know you made it out alive to tell the tale and besides no body can ever starve in the desert because of all the sand which is there.
Osprey!:lol::lol::lol::lol: Might be a little too subtle first read for some!:rolleyes:

Sharksbaja - 12-17-2008 at 03:13 PM

Story delayed due to imclement(unfreakingbelievable) weather. Gotta make it to town somehow today! Another round of intense weather on the way. :wow:

Sharksbaja - 12-17-2008 at 03:14 PM

Hang in there George, there IS a twist.:)

schwlind - 12-18-2008 at 09:43 AM

Shark....

On the edge of my seat.. waiting....

Stuck in Baja

Sharksbaja - 12-18-2008 at 12:35 PM

The big yank

I slept like crap that night. I kept envisioning different scenarios playing out. Man, I shouldn't have drank that French Roast so late last night.

Whatever, I still had to do something to rescue myself and the dog. It was early. The sun came up rapidly as I hurried to attach a heavy lift/tow strap around the boulder then to my front tow hooks

I was going to lay out some slack and try to dislodge or rather launch that puppy forward and into it's new resting place. One time I watched a tow truck "launch" an auto out of a raging river up a steep bank and onto the road with one swift motion. It was quite impressive. I was going to attempt the same I thought. Just gas it and see if it will go.

I hit the end of 25 ft with a resounding "THUNK". I was happy the airbag didn't deploy and everything smashed into everything else in the bed and in the cab and I was fortunate not to have gotten whiplash at the sudden stop.

I couldn't understand why it did not budge that rock much. It wasn't that big...or was it? I was afraid to really goose it.
Ok, I didn't do that yank the way I'd seen it before and like in martial arts, momentum and inertia carries a move through. That's the whole idea.

I needed more running room to pull this trick off. Also the correct method utilizes a snatch block anchored about halfway between you and the stuck vehicle, or in this case, the stuck boulder. Next you need to have enough slack to get the thing to catapult.

If done correctly you can perform an amazing feat launching a big object.. It took me a couple hours of fartin' around till I was ready for another attempt. I excavated some more sand from beneath that damn behemoth. I was getting tired of this whole ordeal.

I gave it full throttle this time and when I hit the end of the slack it just broke off the tow hook on the drivers' side. OMG and now what?

I got out and evaluated my progress. That rock did move a little, perhaps an inch, maybe more. I'll give it another pull with the other hook alone I thought. What if that fails me?

Who cares anymore I'm sick of this game. My calm controlled demeanor was not to be this morning. I wasn't in a panic but everything just got harder and more intense as each attempt failed to move that sucker.

It almost seemed like it was nailed down. I really underestimated it's mass and forbidding personality. It got very personal, me and that rock. I had a name for it. I called it the "Crazy Mother ". I meant it!
It was driving me crazy. Three more tries failed to move it more than a couple inches. I was peeed. I swore at the mother. It talked back. I swear it did!

No, it really did! It was freakin talking to me. I thought I was losing it big time. I was sitting there exhausted, in the pit I spent the last two days digging.

It must have been a miracle because the voices I heard were not of the rock but those of a truckload of vaqueros searching the arroyo for the "gringo loco" that was seen heading up the canyon days ago. The five of them all wearing cowboy hats, a sign of integrity.

They were all smiles when they saw I was alive. They were especially interested in my rig and my approach to getting out.
"Senor" the sturdy lean cowboy whispered, "We will help you get out"

I was honoured by his gesture. I told them my story about the rock and water rising and my attempt to scale the cliff. They knew I was crazy then. You could tell by the way they raised their eyebrows at one another.

I invited the men to join me for supper and they accepted. I was eagar to share with my saviors. I pulled out all the good stuff. We indulged on food I prepared "a la desierto", Buzz was just in heaven. He couldn't get enough of these guys and would go take a pee with each one and every time.

I felt pretty good but what's the plan tomorrow I asked? Flaco said they would camp overnight here and help me get that boulder in the hole and me and my truck out of there. Gawd, if only he were right!

We partied for many hours that night. I felt a sense of confidence not obvious the last couple of days. We talked about the place here and the legends handed down over many generations.

I listened intently how Jesus told of the "Madre de Canon"
As the story goes; a weary lost traveler was subjected to a violent storm raging down the canyon only to be pushed from harms way by a spiritual guardian. The spirit was said to be a descendant of a cave-painter talker that inhabited these places thousands of years ago.

I felt pretty silly and insignificant after hearing this. My pompous exploring could lead to pompous exploitation. I had an epiphany that night.
I thought ; whoa, here I am screwing around on an ancient pathway and heavy stuff has happened and has given me great pause. It's weird but that night, I forgot all about my shlt. Forgot all about my truck. Forgot I was stuck. Forgot about all kinds of stuff.

I guess it was a miracle of the Madre de Canon. The next morning my new friends used their old pickup truck and some sturdy steel poles to help me move that big rock into the hole. It took another 3 hours of filling and leveling to facilitate my escape to freedom.

These men were a class act. Friends without conditions.

I remember looking over to one of my heros as I was parting and it's what he said that made my hair stand on end.

In Spanish he said something like: "Did you ever have the feeling someone was looking over your shoulder around here?"
I turned to him and said "what did you say?"
He looked across my shoulder at the looming rocks above and whispered:

"Este Madre de Rocas Locas"

Neal Johns - 12-18-2008 at 12:51 PM

Great story, Sharks! Thanks.

Corky1 - 12-18-2008 at 01:17 PM

Great story Sharks!!!
I know you must have some pictures???

Corky:lol::lol:

The Wonderer - 12-18-2008 at 01:22 PM

Great story! Thanks for sharing.

Osprey - 12-18-2008 at 03:10 PM

Great work pal. Now you need an agent: "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" played well but I just don't know about "Oregon Corky and The Big Mother Rock". How about "Life and Death in The Devil's Box Canyon".

Sharksbaja - 12-18-2008 at 03:24 PM

:lol:George I appreciate that, thanks! Do you see a little sea hawk soaring thru there?:lol: I kept seeing Ospreys. Don't they like to be near water??

Not a writer here, just a story inspired by some trips I've made. Hey, have you ever broke an axle in BF Egypt or separated a piston in nowheresville? I have, now that's a real story!:wow:

[Edited on 12-18-2008 by Sharksbaja]

BajaGringo - 12-18-2008 at 04:28 PM

Some picures would definitely be the perfect touch to this great story...

schwlind - 12-18-2008 at 04:40 PM

Shark...

It seems to me that you have many interesting stories to tell...

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say... would love to hear 'em!

Linda

Sharksbaja - 12-18-2008 at 06:15 PM

Hey thanx folks. There might be another one:light:

boe4fun - 12-18-2008 at 08:59 PM

Sharks, were you referring to Red Rock near Las Vegas?

Sharksbaja - 12-18-2008 at 09:21 PM

Near Denver, natural ampitheater. But that area is spectacular you mention. I think every western states has a Red Rock rec arae.