BajaNomad

Dreams Do Come True

Pescador - 12-14-2008 at 08:43 AM

We figured our days of fishing were pretty much over since Marika was diagnosed with lung cancer but we had a 30 day opportunity to come to Baja while waiting for things to settle down in her body following Chemo and radiation before the doctors are able to do an accurate PET scan. Her dream was to not only get back to her "little house in Mexico" but to pull on another yellowail. Well, dreams do come true as the fish came up to the surface and her bait was inhaled by this monster yellowtail. My fish were much smaller in comparison which somehow did not matter at all.

MarikaAvet12-08sm.jpg - 49kB

bajaandy - 12-14-2008 at 08:53 AM

Wow... hard to find the right words. I am elated for you both. Congratulations and best wishes.

Diver - 12-14-2008 at 08:58 AM

Where did you ever find this wonderful lady who dreams of a little house in Baja and pulling on YT ??
You are a lucky man !!

Thank you for sharing and best wishes to you both.

shari - 12-14-2008 at 09:16 AM

Wow. Marika...you GO girl...this photo is right up there with my all time favorite which is Iflyfish with his monster yellowtail...the smiles are so similar. Well done amiga...and yes...dreams DO come true. Thanks for sharing this with us...we wish you all the best.

David K - 12-14-2008 at 09:24 AM

Wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing...

A tear of happinesss rolls down my cheek

Keri - 12-14-2008 at 09:32 AM

I am so happy for you both.Glad you get to spend some time with the new found family and friends in your community. Their support is healing in itself. So is that smile on Marika's face.Best wishes to you both,k:yes:

Skipjack Joe - 12-14-2008 at 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
Wow. Marika...you GO girl...this photo is right up there with my all time favorite which is Iflyfish with his monster yellowtail...the smiles are so similar.

Amazing! I was just logging on to this thread to say the exact same thing.

And to add how therapeutic fishing can be.

And to tell Marika to be careful and not overdo it.

stimbo - 12-14-2008 at 11:03 AM

Wow..... thanks for sharing. What a great story. We wish you the best! Have a joyous Christmas.

DianaT - 12-14-2008 at 11:52 AM

The best medicine available----that smile and the joy behind it.

A very inspiring story, and we wish you both the best of luck with your current battle.

Diane and John

Ken Bondy - 12-14-2008 at 11:56 AM

Wonderful story Pescador! Muy buena suerte. ++Ken++

BajaGringo - 12-14-2008 at 12:01 PM

I always tell myself that God promises tomorrow to no man and to make the most of the moment at hand. Your story was a touching reminder and wishing you more dreams to come true in the days ahead. You are both in our thoughts and prayers...

AcuDoc - 12-14-2008 at 01:30 PM

Glad to sea Markia is still out fishing you Jim. Give her my best

Iflyfish - 12-14-2008 at 01:35 PM

Both beatiful! Life lived to the fullest! Carpe Diem!

Great pic and inspiring story.

IflyfishwhenIcananddreamofitwhenIcan't

Sallysouth - 12-14-2008 at 10:53 PM

That is so awesome! Good on ya Marika!One huge YT and one huge smile!Keep the faith woman! Good thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Pompano - 12-15-2008 at 05:49 AM

Great fish, Marika! Great wife, Pescador! Thanks for that fine photo and congratulations on having each other. My best to you.