BajaNomad

Sept 08 Trip Report

BirdDog - 1-5-2009 at 09:11 AM

Report is a little delayed but here we go. After four and a half days of driving from Iowa we reached Baja Cactus for our first night in Baja. We pushed it a little to get there that night and saw why people say not to drive Highway 1 at night. Lets just say there is one less horse to feed in Baja. :o After a good night sleep and meeting the friendly people at Baja Cactus we were ready to push on to Asuncion.

Finally after just seeing pictures and hearing from nomads we get to see our casa. It's amazing what having great friends like Juan and Shari can do for making dreams come true.

It didn't take long to find out that Asuncion is a very fishy place. I fished the rocks next to Shari's place for about a half hour with no luck. Juan saw me walk up with no fish and told me where to go cast. Got this calico on my second cast after his great advice.

Not only are the fish fresh but here Mrs. Birddog and our awesome neighbor Kevin enjoy some fresh oysters Juan had gotten us.

A nice group of kids would stop by after school for a snickers and a game of ball.

BajaGringo - 1-5-2009 at 09:48 AM

Great pictures and report BirdDog.

So are you insinuating that you hit a horse???

:O:O:O

BirdDog - 1-5-2009 at 09:56 AM

No but the guy passing us decimated one!!!!!!! Pretty scary.

Barry A. - 1-5-2009 at 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BirdDog
No but the guy passing us decimated one!!!!!!! Pretty scary.

-------there you go----again reinforces the creed of "drive slowly" in Baja, and you will be fine-----when "passing" your options are so few.

Good pics and narritive, Birddog.

Barry

woody with a view - 1-5-2009 at 04:51 PM

this should be linked to the next "i wanna bicycle baja" thread!!!