BajaNomad

The Perfect Baja Day.

shari - 1-12-2009 at 01:55 PM

yesterday was a perfect baja day. According to the internet it was supposed to blow hard...but when we woke up to a wonderful calm clear sky with no wind....we packed up a couple chairs, cooler, treats, a blanket, and headed to our secret beach.

As I lay prone in the sand with the sun warming my buns, a gentle silky breeze caressing my back...I was smiling gently or perhaps grinning foolishly at my good fortune to live here so I can enjoy these days whenever I please...reflecting on how magical it is to have an enormous sandy beach to yourself...with absolutely NO noise except for surf and seagulls (with occasional gurgling of Juan sipping tecate).

After who knows how long of sunning, reading, playing in the surf, napping, making out, more swimming....it was time to cook the croakers Juan had caught that morning. Our secret spot has lots of firewood...excellent manzanita wood...so I flashed up the fire in a minute and threw 3 nice croakers on...one for each of us....Shami dog helped catch the fish too! They were scrumptious just on the grill with lime and mayo....a simple meal on the perfect baja sunday.

DSC01186-1.JPG - 48kB

Paulina - 1-12-2009 at 04:18 PM

Darn it Shari! When I scrolled down to see the photo I expected to see Juan in all his thong glory. You had to go and spoil it all with a t-shirt shot. Geeezo.

P<*)))>{

ps. Thanks for sharing. Wishing I were there.

edit: can't spell worth a darn when I'm all worked up!

[Edited on 12-1-2009 by Paulina]

BajaGringo - 1-12-2009 at 04:37 PM

Life is good Shari - thanks for the reminder...

Gaucho - 1-12-2009 at 04:43 PM

Doesn't get better than that!

Iflyfish - 1-12-2009 at 05:22 PM

Now that is a Perfect day!!

Thanks for sharing it.

Iflyfish

Sunman - 1-12-2009 at 08:12 PM

Sa-weeet!

Bob H - 1-13-2009 at 02:20 AM

NICE!
Bob H

shari - 1-13-2009 at 08:12 AM

Now Paulina...dont you be going and instigating trouble here...remember the last time I posted a thong photo...whew...thought I was gonna be banned...well, use your imagination for below the t-shirt...remember, he was surf fishing up to his.....ummm.....cajones.
Last evening as the gang was sitting around our palapa, eating sashimi from the fish they just caught, watching lots of whales pass by at sunset....the three amigos who fished together yesterday, Timo, John and Kevin all said the yesterday was the PERFECT day...lovely, warm, light breeze, calm seas, full cooler of tecate, 4 great buds in Juan's panga, yellowtail jumping in the boat, Juan preparing lobster ceviche for lunch on the high seas, no women around....yep...another perfect day.
and here are the 3 happy fellows....sorry sharkie!

[Edited on 1-13-2009 by shari]

[Edited on 1-13-2009 by shari]

BAJACAT - 1-13-2009 at 09:58 PM

Shari do you have GPS cordinates for that secret beach?,

Bajaboy - 1-13-2009 at 10:22 PM

I don't know...today Gabriel and I went for a run at Torrey Pines in 80 degree weather with Catalina Island in full view...amazing! I love Asuncion but San Diego ain't half bad either.

edited for margaritas at Ponces restaurant tonight with wife and son

[Edited on 1-14-2009 by Bajaboy]

BajaWarrior - 1-13-2009 at 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJACAT
Shari do you have GPS cordinates for that secret beach?,

She'll let you have it, but you have to show up in person to get it!

Paulina - 1-13-2009 at 10:35 PM

Shari, thanks for this post.

That feeling of baja perfection comes from the gut. It's hard to explain it other than something that starts deep down inside and gives me the biggest sh*t eating grin as it moves on up to register in my brain that I'm where I belong, where life is as it should be.

Ok, gotta go count how many more sleeps till I get to be in that place again.

P<*)))>{

BajaWarrior - 1-13-2009 at 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
I don't know...today Gabriel and I went for a run at Torrey Pines in 80 degree weather with Catalina Island in full view...amazing! I love Asuncion but San Diego ain't half bad either.

edited for margaritas at Ponces restaurant tonight with wife and son

Not only Catalina but San Clemente too (very rare sighting).

I took a spin up to Mount Soledad today for lunch, both Islands were clear as ever...

BajaGringo - 1-13-2009 at 11:05 PM

Quote:

If I could afford to live on the beach in San Diego I might agree with you. I doubt that I could even afford the property taxes...

:):):)

shari - 1-14-2009 at 08:22 AM

Paulina...I just knew you would feel the love....gracias.

BTW...gps coordinates for this secret beach are earned...and not automatically given out...or necessarily correct!

[Edited on 1-14-2009 by shari]

BAJACAT - 1-14-2009 at 07:19 PM

Shari are you going to make me drive all the way from San Diego to Asuncion to get the coordinates, haa le me think about it..

Packoderm - 1-14-2009 at 07:30 PM

We get those kinds of days here in No. Ca. all the time. Well, except that it is really cold and windy, there is no beach access without a long walk or paying for parking, we don't catch any fish, you're not allowed to have fires, no bottles, no camping, and stuff like that. Other than that, it's just the same.

BajaGringo - 1-14-2009 at 07:31 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Gaucho - 1-14-2009 at 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
Quote:

If I could afford to live on the beach in San Diego I might agree with you. I doubt that I could even afford the property taxes...

:):):)

I've seen the pictures of where your building BG and IMHO your doing just fine...in fact your on the beach in San Diego circa 1930!!!

BajaGringo - 1-14-2009 at 07:47 PM

I know what you mean. I saw some old photos of the Point Loma area around 1920 and it reminded me of the same thing...