BajaNomad

Missing friend

talvino - 1-21-2009 at 10:36 PM

don't know if i'm worried for nothing but my friend left Los Angeles on friday 1-16-09 arrived in bahia de los angeles on sat' 1-17-09 sent en email from the internet cafe in Bahia de los angeles (last contact from him)and then i believe kept traveling by himself south on a fishing trip. his name is Amir short and dark skin bold head.
driving an 06 white Toyota tacoma craw cab with a rack and a kayak believe white as well.
any suggestions or if any one seen him please email me @:
talvino@hotmail.com
thx, Tal.

Let's not get worried, yet.

Ken Cooke - 1-21-2009 at 11:31 PM

Here are a few pictures of Amir. I'm going to keep posted with Tal, because Amir traveled alone, and wanted to drive south of LA Bay - alone, without any plans nor way of communicating with anyone. Amir needs a Satellite phone for Hannukah, everyone. :light:

Amir

A few more pictures of Amir

Ken Cooke - 1-21-2009 at 11:37 PM

This is Amir and Tal (who posted this thread):

Amir wearing '#19'

Tal and Amir

Amir fishing

Mango - 1-22-2009 at 12:21 PM

Bump

I hope he checks-in soon.

Four days is really not that long to be off the grid - time flies in Baja. He is probably having a great time; but, unable to find anywhere to connect to the internet. Imagine he found the perfect fish camp, about a 6 hour drive from the nearest computer. Sounds like heaven.

I used to travel for weeks in remote areas and was unable to check in more than a few times a month. Did he say he would check in weekly or every few days?

When was he supposed to be home/back? Did he mention anyplace he may be headed or someone that he talked to/visited in Bahia de los Angles? Maybe someone knows something at the place he stayed.

Thanks Ken for the photos. Those should help greatly.

Woooosh - 1-22-2009 at 12:32 PM

Looks like the guy knows how to enjoy the great outdoors! Maybe he's just lost track of time. I wish I could.

motoged - 1-22-2009 at 01:03 PM

Okay, Okay....enough about Amir....who is the babe?
http://www.justruns.com/gallery2/d/21757-2/DSC08013.JPG

motoged

Steve&Debby - 1-22-2009 at 01:51 PM

When I click on the link you posted all I get is a picture of Ken and Amir. Are you refering to Ken as a babe?:o:wow::O

Bob and Susan - 1-22-2009 at 01:54 PM

amir was just here today...

he's staying a few more days in baja
then returning home

he looks just fine
i think he's having a great time

Mulegena - 1-22-2009 at 02:01 PM

Quote:
Are you refering to Ken as a babe?:o:wow::O
Ken is definately a babe, yeah!;D

Glad Amir is found safe & having a good time.

motoged - 1-22-2009 at 03:01 PM

Whoops.... "a mere" mistake....
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1262/23/19/7152...

Ken gives good T-shirt, but I don't have a "man-crush" on
him:lol::lol:

It is good to hear that Amir was merely vacationing off the grid...

Ged
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve&;Debby
When I click on the link you posted all I get is a picture of Ken and Amir. Are you refering to Ken as a babe?:o:wow::O

Steve&Debby - 1-22-2009 at 06:57 PM

"Ken gives good T-Shirt"

I would not touch that one with a ten foot pole.:no::no::no:

Woooosh - 1-22-2009 at 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan
amir was just here today...

he's staying a few more days in baja
then returning home

he looks just fine
i think he's having a great time

Now there is a horrible crime that will negatively impact Baja tourism! ! A man can't even slip away for a few days to commune with nature in Baja without some good-intentioned person calling a cyber-amber alert. Technology has just gone too far. Great fishing, boat, and yaking photos.

I'll bet he was happier before you told him a couple hundered geezers are searching baja for him from their porches.

:biggrin:

DanO - 1-22-2009 at 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
I'll bet he was happier before you told him a couple hundered geezers are searching baja for him from their porches.
:biggrin:

LMAO!

bajaguy - 1-22-2009 at 07:45 PM

Amir needs to get a SPOT

He's talking about BAJA GRANDE

Ken Cooke - 1-22-2009 at 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve&;Debby
"Ken gives good T-Shirt"

I would not touch that one with a ten foot pole.:no::no::no:

The shirts were for sale...not me!:lol::o

DENNIS - 1-22-2009 at 07:50 PM

Where's the REAL Amir, the bone twister from TS who used to regale us with great stories and fotos? I miss him and his beautiful bride.

amirravon - 1-23-2009 at 10:11 PM

hi TAL hi KEN hi All

I am having a great time please don't worry ! jest back from beautiful Bahia Ascension and heading home, it will take me three days to get home ( fishing / kayaking ...) lol

trip report with pictures will come soon.

Tal i will try to call you from Santa Rosalia

bye ....Amir

P.S
Thanks BOB and KEN

Amir has spoken!

Ken Cooke - 1-23-2009 at 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by amirravon
hi TAL hi KEN hi All

I am having a great time please don't worry ! jest back from beautiful Bahia Ascension and heading home, it will take me three days to get home ( fishing / kayaking ...) lol

trip report with pictures will come soon.

Tal i will try to call you from Santa Rosalia

bye ....Amir

P.S
Thanks BOB and KEN

shari - 1-24-2009 at 03:58 PM

The REAL Amir is... as I type... out under our palapa talking fishing with Juan...he's a really sweet guy who definately has the baja bug! thanks to the nomads most wanted list, I knew him the moment I laid eyes on him! He has lots of great stories and is a most interesting fellow. He will most likely be heading north...well...ummm.....soon.

Ken Cooke - 1-24-2009 at 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
The REAL Amir is... as I type... out under our palapa talking fishing with Juan...he's a really sweet guy who definately has the baja bug! thanks to the nomads most wanted list, I knew him the moment I laid eyes on him! He has lots of great stories and is a most interesting fellow. He will most likely be heading north...well...ummm.....soon.

Yes, that is the Amir that I know. Great to hear he is visiting with nice people.

shari - 1-25-2009 at 10:21 AM

Well, Amir just left here as it was too rough today to launch his kayak...there is a gorgeous 7-8' swell and is suppposed to blow this afternoon so he has moseyed on down the road, but he'll be back...where will he show up next?

sounds like a new game "Where's Amir?"

BajaVida - 1-25-2009 at 12:59 PM

glad he has been found

but it sure seems he knows where to go and how to have a good time

worry not, he will be fine