BajaNomad

FYI

Russ - 2-6-2009 at 09:30 AM

Two things I came across this morning. Not more boring photos.
One our Nomad membership cards have expired!

and... a FLUID conversion chart

[Edited on 2-6-2009 by Russ]

Hook - 2-6-2009 at 09:58 AM

It should be noted that those are fluid ounces, not a measurement of weight in ounces. That can sometimes confuse people.

[Edited on 2-6-2009 by Hook]

[Edited on 2-7-2009 by Hook]

Bob H - 2-6-2009 at 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
It should be noted that those are fluid ounces, not a measurement of weight in ounces. That can sometimes confuse people.

Hook... you always amaze me!
Bob H

Russ - 2-6-2009 at 10:57 AM

Correction Noted & Repaired. Thanks

BajaNomad - 2-6-2009 at 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
...our Nomad membership cards have expired!

The intention (probably back sometime around 2000/2001 or so) was to have people return to the web site - and thusly these are set to expire on 12/31 of the year you print them out. Go print another today, and it'll expire on 12/31/2009.

http://www.bajanomad.com/club/card.htm

:)

-
Doug

woody with a view - 2-6-2009 at 04:52 PM

does this card get one into the "show?"

BajaGeoff - 2-6-2009 at 05:25 PM

Man....where have I been? I never even knew I was potentially a card-carrying member of Baja Nomad.....and to think of all the times I left home without it!

woody with a view - 2-6-2009 at 05:37 PM

it is the back up to the secret handshake....

BajaGringo - 2-6-2009 at 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob
does this card get one into the "show?"

Only if you are accompanied by fishbuck....

woody with a view - 2-6-2009 at 05:59 PM

;D savvy!

Russ - 2-6-2009 at 06:16 PM

Doug, That is a load off!

Nomad Membership.jpg - 27kB

Hook - 2-6-2009 at 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
Quote:
Originally posted by Hook

Hook... you always amaze me!
Bob H

I had to deal with this recently when mi esposa asked me to find a conversion from tablespoons to grams. I had to point out to her that tablespoons cannot be converted to grams without knowing the substance being measured. So, finding a discrete conversion would be unlikely.

It caused a bit of a ruckus but that's the kind of arguments that occur in college profs households.

I did eventually find a conversion for the substance; flour. It was on a cooking site. Found it about three pages in on Google. Whew!!!:saint:

Bajahowodd - 2-7-2009 at 12:48 AM

I need another card to carry in my wallet, but first, I'd like to know what the rights and benefits are.

woody with a view - 2-7-2009 at 06:16 AM

flip it over and read the small print on the back....:D

Howard - 2-7-2009 at 08:24 AM

Even though I am just a lowly Jr. Nomad that might not yet be worthy of this post, this might be the time to see if I truly would like to get further involved in this fraternity of Baja people.

I remember that on the Honeymooner' s show with Jackie Gleason they belonged to the Racoon Lodge and they had a very special greeting with their racoon hats.

My question is do any of you old salts have a special hat greeting and if not, should we start one? If I ever run across one of "you people" I would not want to err in my first greeting with the wrong hat salute.

Please advise

David K - 2-7-2009 at 08:33 AM

Howard, first off "welcome aboard".... as for your secret handshake, well that will make for some interesting replies and video gags I bet!

All I can picture is 'BajaRob' of Bahia Santa Maria: When we were about to leave their company New Years day and drive south to Gonzaga Bay and beyond, he would make a fist and slap it rapidly into his other hand (making a bag, bang, bang noise) to represent the road conditions south of Puertecitos!:o:rolleyes::(:yes::wow:

AND when passing through El Rosario....

CasaManzana - 2-7-2009 at 08:47 AM

....flash your BN card at the desk folks of the Cactus Motel and get a free hour of checking email on their WiFi.:yes:

BajaGringo - 2-7-2009 at 10:41 AM

[Edited on 2-7-2009 by BajaGringo]

Howard - 2-7-2009 at 12:32 PM

Great Photo!

I think they took the tail of the racoon hat and wagged the tail for the greeting.

Anyway, I am not fully obligating yet to becoming a member of this elite group of people yet becase as Groucho Marx said, " I would not join a club that would have me as a member."

I am still waiting for one you wise men to come up with a hat salute so if and when I meet one of you people I will know that you are the real deal, not some member of a knock off or splinter group.

DianaT - 2-7-2009 at 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Two things I came across this morning. Not more boring photos.
[Edited on 2-6-2009 by Russ]

That chart is very valuable, but just who ever said your morning photos are boring?????

NEVER.