BajaNomad

Pellet & Paint Ball guns

Udo - 3-7-2009 at 02:10 PM

I've been searching in the Nomad forums for this, but can not find any posts:

Are paint ball and pellet guns legal to own by Americans in Mexico?

:bounce:A paint ball gun would be a great marking device should one be approached by an intruder!:bounce:

bajaguy - 3-7-2009 at 02:15 PM

Udo, I have seen pellet guns for sale in various stores in Baja, most recently Commercial Mexicana in Ensenada....177 caliber only.

I don't think that paint ball guns would be a problem if you dis-assembled it into it's component parts when you brought it ac ross the border.....and I would trade the paint balls for pepper balls or sting balls (waiting for the comments......)

[Edited on 3-7-2009 by bajaguy]

mulegemichael - 3-7-2009 at 02:16 PM

i have purchased pellet guns at sorianos in san jose del cabo and presently own 2 here in mulege without any problem...i would think if they sell them in stores, they're ok....not sure about the paintball guns

Cardon Man - 3-7-2009 at 02:32 PM

A few months ago we purchased a Gamo air rifle ( .22 cal ) at a hardware store in Cabo San Lucas. Saw a few air rifles recently at Walmart in Cabo as well. No problem owning them as far as I know. They are readily available in stores, as are the pellets. They are a fun item for sure: From target shooting to fending off cascabels!

Udo - 3-7-2009 at 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
.....and I would trade the paint balls for pepper balls or sting balls (waiting for the comments......)

[Edited on 3-7-2009 by bajaguy]

I like that idea!
Perhaps load the pepper and sting balls ahead of the paint balls.