BajaNomad

Los Olivos of Mulege

Mulegena - 3-13-2009 at 10:19 PM

Los Olivos is Mulege's newest, and perhaps most unique, eatery.

Proprietresses Janine and Blanca graciously welcome you to sit in the sun or shade of the olive trees alongside the beautiful Mulege River and enjoy their fresh home-prepared breakfasts and sandwiches. The coffee is rich, the presentation is elegant, the riverside setting is stunning.

Located on the South River Road, facing the river, near Jungle Jim's.

7 am 'till 1 pm daily.

Sharksbaja - 3-13-2009 at 10:20 PM

Wow! Very cool, great to have newness!

Pompano - 3-14-2009 at 07:32 AM

Mulegena, yesterday morning, I was this close ..imagine a finger pinch...to eating breakfast at Los Olivos, but got sidetracked to the other side of the river.

I have heard several great reports of satisfied patrons on this handy riverside cafe. For sure I will try it within the next couple mornings. I believe this is the same great cook who was at the Estrella del Mar cafe on the highway at Coyote Bay last year. She got lots of kudos there, too.

Heck, If I wasn't playing poker soon, I would go right now!

mulegemichael - 3-14-2009 at 07:44 AM

ditto on los olivos!...a GREAT breakfast...AND....it's just down the river road from us....too cool!

Lauriboats - 3-14-2009 at 08:03 AM

We ate breakfast there yesterday morning, it was great.

Bob H - 3-14-2009 at 09:19 AM

Where is this place in relation to Jungla Jim's?
Bob H

Pompano - 3-14-2009 at 09:22 AM

Bob..right next door..towards town.

DianaT - 3-14-2009 at 12:43 PM

Thanks---sounds great. We will have to try it next time we are down that way.

Diane

rpleger - 3-14-2009 at 03:13 PM

The Best....

Juanita - 7-5-2010 at 03:20 PM

I've eaten at Los Olivos twice recently and love it. To sit there eating a lovely lunch and watch that innocent-looking river flow by is very relaxing.

Mulegena - 7-5-2010 at 03:36 PM

Jannine's Los Olivos is closed for regular business for the summer months.

However, with advanced reservations she'll cater and host an event for you, breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, birthdays. You name it, Los Olivos on the River Mulege is the best!

KAT54 - 7-5-2010 at 03:45 PM

Closed?
Rays closed too?
What place to eat is open in Mulege?
Does the place shut down in the summer?

Bajahowodd - 7-5-2010 at 04:01 PM

Bugs me. I can understand that during the summer there are fewer tourists. But I can remember a time when the hotels in Cabo would close for the summer, too. Just seems to me that folks who want to go fishing, along with folks that don't have a problem with heat and humidity, need to be catered to. JMHO

toneart - 7-6-2010 at 09:32 AM

When the seasonal volume of patrons aren't there, most restaurants can't even make up the overhead. That goes for any location, anywhere, that depends on seasonal business.

Mulege gets pretty deserted during the hot summer.

Summer, Baja's Best-Kept Secret

Mulegena - 7-6-2010 at 09:55 AM

Mulege becomes relatively quiet in the summer months, tourist-wise, which is all the more reason to come down.

Don't worry, there's still plenty to eat here and a variety of places to enjoy food of all sorts, fishing, shopping, diving & snorkeling (the water temp is bath-fabulous), cave painting, disco nightly with the locals (yes, really), playing pool, bird watching, well you get the idea.

KAT54 - 7-6-2010 at 02:27 PM

Disco?
Is not disco dead?
Are you single?
Drink alot?
Smoker?

noproblemo2 - 7-6-2010 at 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KAT54
Disco?
Is not disco dead?
Are you single?
Drink alot?
Smoker?

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, Kats looking for a man !!!!