BajaNomad

Baja Trip - The Last Frontier Part 4 final

Neal Johns - 4-13-2009 at 05:35 PM

John M and TacoFeliz headed home after we visited with Ralph, and Marian and I poked around the Cataviņa rock piles for a day. We stumbled upon a new-to-us pictograph site under an overhanging rock. Whee! I will break my rule about posting the locations of rock art this time. As in common archaeological practice, I refrain from giving exact location because some friends of friends of friends will mistreat or deface the site. This one time, I will make an exception; are you ready? Leaving San Diego, go south on Highway 1 to Cataviņa area and turn left. Note a rock pile near a green bush, That's it! That's for you, DK! :lol::lol:

Finally, it was time to go home. Hitting El Rosario at camping time, we camped at the famous campground at the Sinahi where a sign exhorts you to keep your pet from chitting on the RV camping ground. There at the same place, we enjoyed a tasty and reasonably priced dinner. On our last day in Baja we opted to take Hwy. 3 from Ensenada to Tecate and it was great! The construction hardly slowed us down as they were using the old pavement wherever they could. No problems crossing the border except the one hour wait in line. Our first stop in the USA was a Burger King! We told Dixie it was Siberia and bought her a double cheeseburger.

P.S. Alan made it back from Cabo. No report on the rug.

Miscellaneous Pics Follow:

Ve know how to take kare of people like you, DK!

{Q}P1050222X.jpg - 23kB

Neal Johns - 4-13-2009 at 05:36 PM

The San Juan Mine tram terminal trailhead:

P1050151X.JPG - 49kB

Neal Johns - 4-13-2009 at 05:45 PM

Man! That was powerful!

P1050161X.JPG - 44kB

Neal Johns - 4-13-2009 at 05:46 PM

Unpronounceable is the name:

P1050200X.JPG - 47kB

BAJACAT - 4-13-2009 at 05:47 PM

Ok Neal let me get this directions right, it's the Green bush to the left or to the right of the pile of rocks,and where this rocks pile by nature or by man, there is a diference you know.

Neal Johns - 4-13-2009 at 05:53 PM

It is definitely a pile.

Here you go:

{Q}P1050232X.jpg - 14kB

David K - 4-13-2009 at 06:23 PM

Funny Neal!!:light::biggrin:

TMW - 4-13-2009 at 06:37 PM

Great stuff thanks.

David K - 11-1-2012 at 06:01 PM

bump for a great Baja trip report review!

scouse - 11-1-2012 at 06:31 PM

Fun reports of a terrific trip. Enjoyed them and the photos.

Thanks for posting and thanks to Dave for bumping them up.

David K - 11-1-2012 at 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by scouse
Fun reports of a terrific trip. Enjoyed them and the photos.

Thanks for posting and thanks to Dave for bumping them up.

Indeed! Neal is a great desert and Baja explorer and he shares his adventures so those who cannot go, can appreciate and enjoy as well as it excites those of us who can go!

Here is the link to Part 1 of this 4 part adventure: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=38215

I have added links to the following parts at the end of the three separate parts so it will be easy to navigate to the next part without searching, should these get separated again!

Mexitron - 11-2-2012 at 06:16 AM

Awesome trip report! Thanks for bumping.

Skipjack Joe - 11-2-2012 at 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Neal Johns

Man! That was powerful!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That should've been your last slide, Neal.

[Edited on 11-2-2012 by Skipjack Joe]