BajaNomad

Grouper on the barbie

dtbushpilot - 4-22-2009 at 04:10 PM

Well, not yet but soon.

Went for a quad ride down the beach (yes, I know it's illegal) to bring home some dinner. Caught a couple of small fish (released) and one perfect, dinner size grouper. My scale said just shy of 4lbs.

Going to cook it on the barbie, how about sharing your favorite technique....hurry though, I'm getting hungry.

Thanks in advance.....dt

bajaguy - 4-22-2009 at 04:25 PM

Save some for the kitties......and fatten up that Carson City cat.....he/she already has a name....SENTRI

dtbushpilot - 4-22-2009 at 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Save some for the kitties......and fatten up that Carson City cat.....he/she already has a name....SENTRI

I've been letting her beat up on our Yorkie to get ready for your Lab.....your dog doesn't stand a chance.....dt

bajaguy - 4-22-2009 at 04:30 PM

OK, dt....but you gotta use REAL dogs for practice!!!!!

dtbushpilot - 4-22-2009 at 04:39 PM

I plan to stop in Punta Chivato on the way home. If she can't handle Russ's dog I'll leave her there......dt

dtbushpilot - 4-22-2009 at 05:29 PM

So, how about a good bar-b-q recipe for the grouper?....dt

bajaguy - 4-22-2009 at 05:49 PM

lots of garlic, some onion, a lemon, tomato, white wine and butter.....slice, dice, spread and sprinkle, then wrap in foil and BBQ for about 20 minutes

Russ - 4-22-2009 at 05:49 PM

No, No, No. Mason can't handle a mouse a cat would terrify him:lol:
Perfect eating size fishy. Pangeros are netting everywhere now. I'm going to try my favorite spots in a day or two anyway.
Edit: Bajaguy's right on!

[Edited on 4-23-2009 by Russ]

dtbushpilot - 4-22-2009 at 08:14 PM

Well, I ate the fish. Cooked as bajaguy suggested, it was fantastic.....thanks...dt

Pompano - 4-22-2009 at 08:34 PM

Shucks, dt...is it too late to join the barbeque?

I got fish...

...I got shrimp...I got cold Pacifico.

bajaguy - 4-22-2009 at 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
Well, I ate the fish. Cooked as bajaguy suggested, it was fantastic.....thanks...dt

Forgot to tell you to wash the fish down with large amounts of cold Pacifico

you save any fish for the kitties????

[Edited on 4-23-2009 by bajaguy]

dtbushpilot - 4-22-2009 at 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot

Forgot to tell you to wash the fish down with large amounts of cold Pacifico

you save any fish for the kitties????

[Edited on 4-23-2009 by bajaguy]

No, they seem very happy to have canned cat food....

Washed it down with wine....my wife made me do it....dt

dtbushpilot - 4-22-2009 at 08:42 PM

Sorry Pompano, too late this time. I'll try to give you more of a heads up next time....dt

baitcast - 4-23-2009 at 07:45 AM

Grilling is all fine and dandy,I like your rig,it just doesn,t get any better than that,add a little sand a few rocks and warm water:biggrin:
Rob
A Baja bass rod gotta love em!

[Edited on 4-23-2009 by baitcast]

dtbushpilot - 4-23-2009 at 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by baitcast
Grilling is all fine and dandy,I like your rig,it just doesn,t get any better than that,add a little sand a few rocks and warm water:biggrin:
Rob
A Baja bass rod gotta love em!

Thanks baitcast. I love my Baja bass rod. It is a Shimano Teramar rod (7'-6") with a Shimano Curado 300DSV spooled with 40# Spectra with a 20# flourocarbon top shot. It's tougher than it looks and I get a lot of funny looks if I take it out on a boat but it is perfect for casting lures from the beach. I have caught lots of big fish with it including a 25# Jack Creval.....dt

baitcast - 4-23-2009 at 04:35 PM

Sweet! that last pic is what its all about,first light or late evening a section of sand,fish busting bait,what more is there?

Never got a big jack or rooster,spent to much time in baja norte,o ya I like to do it bare-footed:lol: