BajaNomad

Whale Shark Bahia Conception

OLIGUACOMOLE - 4-27-2009 at 10:31 AM

Good News....Nice big whale shark has been swimming in front of the restaurant. We have been kayaking alongside. First one I have seen in years. Shark has been here all morning!

OLIGUACOMOLE - 4-27-2009 at 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by OLIGUACOMOLE
Good News....Nice big whale shark has been swimming in front of the restaurant. We have been kayaking alongside. First one I have seen in years. Shark has been here all morning!

Sorry, in front of restaurant Buenaventura

TheColoradoDude - 4-27-2009 at 10:43 AM

Would love to see pictures. Is it mating time?

Lauriboats - 4-27-2009 at 11:23 AM

Cool, time to launch the dingy, the Bay is really calm today.

Pompano - 4-27-2009 at 06:35 PM

We were out kayaking around Barga Island today and saw a whale shark. It was probably the same one as the one down by Buenaventura. I didn't take a camera with me. The replacement I have is not waterproof!..plus I tip easily these days...;D

We went ashore at Dead Dog beach for a bit. When we kayaked back to Coyote I saw the whale shark again..this time off Osprey Rock. Neat to see these guys back in the Bay.

Whale Shark visit 2nd day

OLIGUACOMOLE - 4-28-2009 at 04:37 PM

In the morning the whale shark reappeared for a second day in front of Buenaventura. Large shark dorsal fin above the surface with a shallow tail following in the water is what to look for. From a distance it will appear to be a pelican sittling on the water, but slowly moving.

This morning I kayaked alongside. It seems content with the company. Later it came back. This time I wanted to snorkel with it . Sliding off the kayak I swam alongside. This was a great experience, but if you do this, watch out for the tail whip!

shari - 4-28-2009 at 04:50 PM

what an honour to swim with this noble creature...cherish these magical baja moments...find the good.

mulegemichael - 4-28-2009 at 05:30 PM

nice to have some time away from the chaos also, huh mark?...hang in there, amigo.

htnfool - 4-28-2009 at 08:27 PM

That is awesome to here. Mark you are a lucky sucker. I wish we were still down there for that. Can you get some pictures? Would love to see it.