BajaNomad

Tacos la Avioneta

JESSE - 5-1-2009 at 01:52 PM

This is a new fish and seafood taco place in La Paz. They are originally from Ensenada, where they are famous and always busy. The tacos are delicious, i tried the Octopus tostada, the shrimp with poblano rajas, and the caguatun for those of us that loved turtle stews when we where kids (and it was legal), but this one is made with tuna meat. They are located right at the end of the malecon, below from Papas & Beer, right on the beach where the old La PazLapa used to be. The salsa bar has mango salsa, peanut salsa, apple, soy, and some other weird creations that work.

This is the best seafood taco place this side of paralelo 28.:bounce:

Now all we need, is to get a good solid Beef Taco place in town so all you Rancho Viejo lovers, can eat a decent taco for christ sake.

[Edited on 5-1-2009 by JESSE]

Alan - 5-1-2009 at 02:06 PM

Quote:

Now all we need, is to get a good solid Beef Taco place in town so all you Rancho Viejo lovers, can eat a decent taco for christ sake.

[Edited on 5-1-2009 by JESSE]

Or you could try your hand at it so we'll know what you have in mind:lol:

tripledigitken - 5-1-2009 at 02:10 PM

Jesse,

On my list for sure next trip down! Are they still in business in Ensenada and if so where are they? Gotta have that Shrimp with Poblano!

Ken

JESSE - 5-1-2009 at 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Jesse,

On my list for sure next trip down! Are they still in business in Ensenada and if so where are they? Gotta have that Shrimp with Poblano!

Ken

They are still in business in Ensenada, i believe somewhere around 7th street.

Fred - 5-1-2009 at 03:03 PM

Jesse...thanks for the report. Going into my Baja Notebook.

ligui - 5-1-2009 at 03:22 PM

Thanks jesse , makes my mouth water , love the food in la paz