Email #1

Kevin's 1996 diesel Dodge pickup truck was stolen this morning from in front
of our house. The truck no longer has a camper shell on it but the attached
picture shows its size, color and style and gives a clear picture of the
Alaska license plate.

The truck was in front of the house when we walked the dog this morning but
was gone when we walked out to go into town at 10:30. So sometime between
8:00 and 10:00 this morning, someone broke into it (it was locked), hotwired
the truck and drove away all in clear broad daylight.

Kevin and Betsy

Email #2

Two federales were just here looking at the empty spot on the road and two things: 1) they told us that we and everyone else should not park our vehicles on the road to avoid just this kind of thing (???) and 2) while they were telling us this, Josephina from Denis' office called to tell us that the truck had been sighted at the curve in San Antonio this morning around 7:30 or 7:45. So it must have been stolen a bit earlier than we thought.

Below is a link to the photo. If it won't click then copy & paste.

http://picasaweb.google.com/BlazerBlazer/BetsyKevin?feat=dir...

Bajajack - 5-8-2009 at 02:31 PM

I thought everyone already knew you don't park on the street.:rolleyes:

David K - 5-8-2009 at 02:46 PM

"... he runs the car theft gang. "

Are you sure you want to post this on the Internet, gnukid???

DENNIS - 5-8-2009 at 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
Here's your one chance. move quick, Go to the LB police station up the hill above Calebs bakery. Ask for the Commandante and be subtle. hopefully you fine Valdedero or something like that. Ask to speak to him privately. Don't speak in public. Tell him very subtley that your car was stolen (perhaps you already spoke to him?) And ask for his phone number and give him yours. Tell him you'll pay him $5000 pesos if he can find your car asap. Do not give him any money up front unless you want to, I do not suggest it. But maybe flash him some money. See what he says. He will likely be all sheepish and say he doesn't knwo is he can help. Just say do your best and call me if you can find it, I'll be quiet about it and won't say a word and I'll give you the $5000 pesos and leave.

He will likely call later and say they found it and ask you to come for it and meet somewhere, bring the money and when you see the car you can buy it back for $5000 pesos.

It may go like that or he'll ask for more, but about $5000-6000 should do it because that's what its worth to him, he runs the car theft gang.

Jeeeeezo, Gnu...If ever there was a post that should have been a U2U, this is it. Could I take out some life insurance on you?

gnukid - 5-8-2009 at 03:12 PM

Give me a break there are no secrets here. Its the same game everywhere. You can always buy your stuff back from the commandante, its not a secret.

Bob and Susan - 5-8-2009 at 03:23 PM

los angeles california
tops the list with 65,243 vehicles a year stolen

lets do the math again...

thats 179 a day or
7 an hour:o:o

they will find the truck...or parts of it

DENNIS - 5-8-2009 at 03:58 PM

Quote:
Give me a break there are no secrets here. Its the same game everywhere. You can always buy your stuff back from the commandante, its not a secret.

OK...So everybody knows everything but, although the scumbag commandante may not demand respect, I would imagine he demands tact. Or is the whole place too far gone for that?

fdt - 5-8-2009 at 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ArroyoTaxi
Two federales were just here looking at the empty spot on the road

Why were the federales involved? Wouldn't state police be the ones with jurisdiction for stolen cars?

gnukid - 5-8-2009 at 04:06 PM

Here we go again. You make the point that you are concerned about me, not the thiefs? You repeat that point over and over? Who lacks tact? What it is with you guys?

Look its same everywhere, if you want your stuff back, go to the commandante and ask if you can buy your stuff back. In most cases you can buy your stuff back. I didn't invent the system. I don't like the system. Its the system.

As far as the issues on the east cape. I told you guys the day they arrived back in January. They went to everyone and said hey your car is going to get stolen you need me to help you out. I am here to help you get your car back when it gets stolen.

I told you I have met him in the night many times for friends. He runs the system apparently, not me. So its no secret, there will be no reprecussions for me or for him apparently.

I am a nice quiet person who is only stating the obvious which is not something you need to whisper.

Once more, go to the Commandate Valdadero or Luis and do not accuse them of anything, just tell them politely you will pay to get your stuff back and smile nicely. You will get it back in about a few hours. Don't be mad or he wont give it back. Be nice and act like he is your hero and a really great guy.

And stop getting on my case. I solve crimes I don't commit crimes.

cantinflas - 5-8-2009 at 04:08 PM

Id say it's to far gone for that.:lol:

gnukid - 5-8-2009 at 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
Quote:
Two federales were just here looking at the empty spot on the road

Why were the federales involved? Wouldn't state police be the ones with jurisdiction for stolen cars?

This is the clue. Is it really that hard to follow? There was another clue, "the vehicle was seen heading north", if that was reported by the police who claims he called the police in San Antonio then there you have it, they are telling you loud and clear they know where the car is and how to get it back. Just ask for it back, politely.

I doubt it

Dave - 5-8-2009 at 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Could I take out some life insurance on you?

Insurance companies are in business to make money. Gunkid's not insurable. Otherwise, I'd be in line with you. :rolleyes:

rts551 - 5-8-2009 at 04:30 PM

Great. You seem to be a part of the problem.... since its is so open, I sent a link to this post to the "new government". Maybe they can help.

Quote:
I didn't invent the system. I don't like the system. Its the system.

As far as the issues on the east cape. I told you guys the day they arrived back in January. They went to everyone and said hey your car is going to get stolen you need me to help you out. I am here to help you get your car back when it gets stolen.

I told you I have met him in the night many times for friends. He runs the system apparently, not me. So its no secret, there will be no reprecussions for me or for him apparently.

Once more, go to the Commandate Valdadero or Luis and do not accuse them of anything, just tell them politely you will pay to get your stuff back and smile nicely. You will get it back in about a few hours. Don't be mad or he wont give it back. Be nice and act like he is your hero and a really great guy.

And stop getting on my case. I solve crimes I don't commit crimes.

DENNIS - 5-8-2009 at 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Great. You seem to be a part of the problem.... since its is so open, I sent a link to this post to the "new government". Maybe they can help.

NO....WAIT.....I'm online trying to get that insurance policy. I'll split it with you.

gnukid - 5-8-2009 at 04:41 PM

Haha You guys are great, so funny. Way to distract from the real issue...

You make an accurate illustration of whats wrong with the American spirit. We laugh hard at you guys too you know. We laugh at the failed American spirit, the silly dolts who blame each other and fail to see their enemies for who they are.

Do you think the bankers are working to bail you out? Do you think border agents are protecting you? Do you believe Obama is really in charge of anything? Do you really have faith in the Mexico Plan? Do you really believe there is an epidemic of H1N1 flu ripping apart the country? Do you really believe there is a threat from Iraq or Afghanistan?

And you really want to focus your attention on me and not the real issues? What happened to you guys? Where did it go wrong? When did you give up the ability to think for yourselves? When did you begin to follow like sheep lacking the ability to see what it is right and wrong?

rts551 - 5-8-2009 at 04:41 PM

OK I am in... I will post the anti corruption number later. although it is easy to get..... Unless he is full o shut.... But maybe we ccan still cash in.

Quote:
Quote:

NO....WAIT.....I'm online trying to get that insurance policy. I'll split it with you.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 5-8-2009 by rts551]

David K - 5-8-2009 at 04:48 PM

Do any of you remember ESL/ El Surfo Loco/ Chopy Chavez/ Cornell Crawford???

He spoke up like gnukid about the crooked cops, government officials, Castro family at cabo Pulmo squating on his land...

He is dead now.:no::no::no:

True colors

Dave - 5-8-2009 at 05:06 PM

Quote:
DK, thats it you did it. I think you guys have shown your true colors.

I'm wearing drab olive shorts with matching golf shirt. Tan deck shoes.

Anyone?

Udo - 5-8-2009 at 05:09 PM

Quote:

You make an accurate illustration of whats wrong with the American spirit. We laugh hard at you guys too you know. We laugh at the failed American spirit, the silly dolts who blame each other and fail to see their enemies for who they are.

Do you think the bankers are working to bail you out? Do you think border agents are protecting you? Do you believe Obama is really in charge of anything? Do you really have faith in the Mexico Plan? Do you really believe there is an epidemic of H1N1 flu ripping apart the country? Do you really believe there is a threat from Iraq or Afghanistan?

And you really want to focus your attention on me and not the real issues? What happened to you guys? Where did it go wrong? When did you give up the ability to think for yourselves? When did you begin to follow like sheep lacking the ability to see what it is right and wrong?

I have to defend gnukid on this one.[/]

All of us that have stayed or lived in Mexico for many years, know the power of politics; the power of knowing the right name; the power of knowing the right person; the power of knowing the right drug dealer; the power of knowing the right cartel leader and keeping your mouth shut; and in this case, the power of knowing the right cop! Whether we like it or not, being well connected gets one much more than rants
and raves to the authorities.
Gnukid suggested speaking with the PD commander discreetly. Pehaps taking him to lunch. You can bet you last peso that the PD commander knows who does what in his town.
Here, North of the border, I fraternize with many Mexicans of all walks of life, and I have experienced first hand what connections do for a person. I have also experienced first hand what kidnappings do to a family and how they feel when a loved one's finger or ear is sent to them, and how financially devastating a kidnapping becomes. You can bet my IPHONE has many well connected and encryped names and phone numbers.
Gnukid is not the problem.........you can bet he is well connected. We should be looking at him for guidance.:bounce:

Phew!:P this is as political as you will ever see me on this board.:bounce:{/i]

[Edited on 5-9-2009 by udowinkler]

mtgoat666 - 5-8-2009 at 05:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Here's your one chance. move quick, Go to the LB police station up the hill above Calebs bakery. Ask for the Commandante and be subtle. hopefully you fine Valdedero or something like that. Ask to speak to him privately. Don't speak in public. Tell him very subtley that your car was stolen (perhaps you already spoke to him?) And ask for his phone number and give him yours. Tell him you'll pay him $5000 pesos if he can find your car asap. Do not give him any money up front unless you want to, I do not suggest it. But maybe flash him some money. See what he says. He will likely be all sheepish and say he doesn't knwo is he can help. Just say do your best and call me if you can find it, I'll be quiet about it and won't say a word and I'll give you the $5000 pesos and leave.

He will likely call later and say they found it and ask you to come for it and meet somewhere, bring the money and when you see the car you can buy it back for $5000 pesos.

It may go like that or he'll ask for more, but about $5000-6000 should do it because that's what its worth to him, he runs the car theft gang.

Jeeeeezo, Gnu...If ever there was a post that should have been a U2U, this is it. Could I take out some life insurance on you?

i kind of doubt he "runs the ring." (nukid does have a way with exageration at times) but isn't it the same in every town? you want results, you offer a commission or pay for performance. people offered pay for performance are very good at their jobs.

[Edited on 5-9-2009 by mtgoat666]

[Edited on 5-9-2009 by mtgoat666]

DENNIS - 5-8-2009 at 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
i kind of doubt he "runs the ring." (nukid does have a way with exageration at times) but isn't it the same in every town? you want results, you offer a commission or pay for performance. people offered pay for performance are very good at their jobs.

I'm sure you're right although I doubt part of the procedure is to take it to the World Wide Web. Tact isn't a lost art with Gnu. He admits to using it when he approaches the sweaty, immoral comandante and the pig appreciates it. I doubt he would appreciate being outed on the internet.
That was my only point.

DENNIS - 5-8-2009 at 05:48 PM

Quote:

There's meds designed for your advanced paranoia, Gnu. You seem to be sinking.

By the way....You refer to Americans as the "you guys." Are you not one of us? I was under the impression that you were. Don't know why....I was just assuming I guess.

rts551 - 5-8-2009 at 06:51 PM

And just how many years did you live in Mexico.. hint much of your bio is on the internet

Quote:
Originally posted by udowinkler
Quote:

I have to defend gnukid on this one.[/]

All of us that have stayed or lived in Mexico for many years, know the power of politics; the power of knowing the right name; the power of knowing the right person; the power of knowing the right drug dealer; the power of knowing the right cartel leader and keeping your mouth shut; and in this case, the power of knowing the right cop! Whether we like it or not, being well connected gets one much more than rants
and raves to the authorities.
Gnukid suggested speaking with the PD commander discreetly. Pehaps taking him to lunch. You can bet you last peso that the PD commander knows who does what in his town.
Here, North of the border, I fraternize with many Mexicans of all walks of life, and I have experienced first hand what connections do for a person. I have also experienced first hand what kidnappings do to a family and how they feel when a loved one's finger or ear is sent to them, and how financially devastating a kidnapping becomes. You can bet my IPHONE has many well connected and encryped names and phone numbers.
Gnukid is not the problem.........you can bet he is well connected. We should be looking at him for guidance.:bounce:

Phew!:P this is as political as you will ever see me on this board.:bounce:{/i]

[Edited on 5-9-2009 by udowinkler]

Udo - 5-8-2009 at 07:13 PM

Your intuition is correct, rts551. After 44 years of driving to and from Baja, I have never lived there for more than 4 weeks at a time, but I have made numerous friends as well as well connected friends on both sides of the border.
Additionally, as many Nomads already know, charity in Baja is well rewarded.
Yes, I know about my internet bio, 551; I'm not a low profile individual. One thing they missed was my time in the TJ & Ensenada jails.

slimshady - 5-8-2009 at 11:00 PM

I am taking my truck to LB thid summer to leave at my vacation house. You better believe that I am hooking up a GPS tracker locator on it. For 29.99 a month you can locate your vehicle anywhere in Northe America on a Google Earth map.

Who needs the the police when you can locate your vehicle within 10 feet on Google Earth. Also You can check the location of your ride when you are in the states by just logging on.

Oh ya, the burroes tha took your ride will not even know the ride is baited since it will be will hidden. Just show up with some of your rancher buddies and problem will be solved on scene.

BajaGringo - 5-8-2009 at 11:38 PM

Quote:
One thing they missed was my time in the TJ & Ensenada jails.

I just knew there was something we had in common...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Udo - 5-9-2009 at 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
Quote:
One thing they missed was my time in the TJ & Ensenada jails.

I just knew there was something we had in common...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I figgered you'd chime in on that one, compadre!:biggrin::biggrin:

Packoderm - 5-9-2009 at 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by slimshady
I am taking my truck to LB thid summer to leave at my vacation house. You better believe that I am hooking up a GPS tracker locator on it. For 29.99 a month you can locate your vehicle anywhere in Northe America on a Google Earth map.

Who needs the the police when you can locate your vehicle within 10 feet on Google Earth. Also You can check the location of your ride when you are in the states by just logging on.

Oh ya, the burroes tha took your ride will not even know the ride is baited since it will be will hidden. Just show up with some of your rancher buddies and problem will be solved on scene.

Now about these remote locator things: Can you only receive information using these devices or could you transmit information to your truck such as to operate an incendiary device?

DENNIS - 5-9-2009 at 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Packoderm
Now about these remote locator things: Can you only receive information using these devices or could you transmit information to your truck such as to operate a remote incendiary device?

I think you could do that with a cell phone.

Packoderm - 5-9-2009 at 09:09 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Packoderm
Now about these remote locator things: Can you only receive information using these devices or could you transmit information to your truck such as to operate a remote incendiary device?

I think you could do that with a cell phone.

There you have it. We have the tools to start working on a possible long term remedy to this nonsense. I'm not too familiar with C-4. What would be the next step to make this work?

gnukid - 5-9-2009 at 09:21 AM

Is it really that hard for any of you to use a club and ignition switch? At a cost of less than $100. It will stop anyone from driving your car away.

Its a far better solution than $360/yr for a gps locator which doesn't help you stop thieves.

Except that 'Dennis, DK and Dave' would prefer to talk about murdering people...? At this point the only crime we know of for certain is the conspiracy to commit murder by the 'D-Gang'. Sad.

Packoderm - 5-9-2009 at 09:25 AM

Quote:
Except that 'Dennis, DK and Dave' would prefer to talk about murdering people...? At this point the only crime we know of for certain is the conspiracy to commit murder by the 'D-Gang'. Sad.

You didn't mention me and my idea with the C-4.

805gregg - 5-9-2009 at 09:29 AM

I have Revelco ignition disabler, 3 million installed no car thefts.

bajaguy - 5-9-2009 at 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 805gregg

Do you have a link or more info on Revelco???

DENNIS - 5-9-2009 at 09:37 AM

Quote:

Take your meds. I never said anything about killing anybody.
Are you and your ward buddys still designing a house that locks up like a rat trap when an unauthorized guest breaks in?

DENNIS - 5-9-2009 at 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Quote:
Originally posted by 805gregg

Do you have a link or more info on Revelco???

Yeah....I'd like to see that as well.

Udo - 5-9-2009 at 10:02 AM

http://www.ravelco.com

Maybe gunkid is a mind reader?

Dave - 5-9-2009 at 10:34 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Take your meds. I never said anything about killing anybody.

Bajahowodd - 5-9-2009 at 11:23 AM

$450??? Think I'll stick to the club.

Udo - 5-9-2009 at 12:36 PM

I think $450.00 is somewhat expensive also. However, when you see a Mexican vehicle with a Club on it, there generally are two Clubs on it. And pehaps even the Club that has a lever to one's brake pedal.
Another alternative is http://www.tirelock.com that carries a variety of tire locking devices. This would be something new in Baja and probably not within the capabilities of a vehicle thief.

DENNIS - 5-9-2009 at 01:01 PM

The "Club" is easy to get around. The quarter inch piece of soft steel in a steering wheel is easily cut with small bolt cutters. One cut and the club slips out.

Packoderm - 5-9-2009 at 01:02 PM

I've just bent the steering wheel on mine one time when I lost my key.

slimshady - 5-9-2009 at 10:05 PM

$450 is expensive but it sure beats a stolen car. No need to talk to the LB Commandante or offer bribes, just show him the lap top with the google map with your car pinpointed. No guessing involved.

CaboRon - 5-10-2009 at 09:09 AM

Quote:
The "Club" is easy to get around. The quarter inch piece of soft steel in a steering wheel is easily cut with small bolt cutters. One cut and the club slips out.

David K - 5-10-2009 at 09:23 AM

Let me be clear that my earlier reply in this thread was to warn gnukid of the dangers of a 'big mouth' in Mexico, based on what happened to our friend Chopy.

I (perhaps none of us) want anything bad to happen to gnukid... I am sorry he mis-understood the purpose of my reply!

Vaya en Paz

DENNIS - 5-10-2009 at 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Let me be clear that my earlier reply in this thread was to warn gnukid of the dangers of a 'big mouth' in Mexico, based on what happened to our friend Chopy.

I (perhaps none of us) want anything bad to happen to gnukid... I am sorry he mis-understood the purpose of my reply!

Vaya en Paz

It was clear all along what you meant. At least, it was to me and I share your concern for Gnu's well-being.

David K - 5-10-2009 at 09:50 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Vaya en Paz

It was clear all along what you meant. At least, it was to me and I share your concern for Gnu's well-being.

I thought so Dennis... but I got a pretty harsh u2u from gnukid this morning. Perhaps it is a language thing... ? Whatever the reason for his feelings, I wanted to let him know we were warning him about saying stuff like that about Mexican police, on the Internet.

DENNIS - 5-10-2009 at 09:58 AM

Quote:
I thought so Dennis... but I got a pretty harsh u2u from gnukid this morning.

So did I. I guess he reserves Sunday mornings for private venting. He knows where his meds are so he's in control.

Udo - 5-10-2009 at 10:02 AM

Quote:
And just how many years did you live in Mexico.. hint much of your bio is on the internet:o

After a few days of thinking about this...:spingrin:
I really am flattered that anyone on this board would take the time to find out about most of my past!:bounce::bounce:

Nobody loves me

Dave - 5-10-2009 at 11:24 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I thought so Dennis... but I got a pretty harsh u2u from gnukid this morning.

So did I. I guess he reserves Sunday mornings for private venting. He knows where his meds are so he's in control.

Not me. No U2U.

I think I'll go eat worms.

DENNIS - 5-10-2009 at 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave

Not me. No U2U.

I think I'll go eat worms.

Now Now...No need for worms. I'm in a sharing mood so check your U2U.

Sharksbaja - 5-10-2009 at 03:47 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

Damn it, Dave is worthy of a u2u.

Who will u2u and U2u for two? Do u2u too. I do u2u a few tho never 2u. Boo hoo 2u.

Crusoe - 5-10-2009 at 04:05 PM

DK-- Who was Chopy and exactly what happened? Thanx ++C++:?:

DENNIS - 5-10-2009 at 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
Damn it, Dave is worthy of a u2u.

Of couse................Send him one. I know they'll allow it. He's allowed purified Emails and references to his sex life as long as there's no moisture involved in the reference. He's looking for dry commentary.

Anybody want to contribute?

Bajahowodd - 5-10-2009 at 05:01 PM

Chopy- Si. Que paso?

Obviously, driving an real junker-looking vehicle that is superbly maintained would probably solve this issue. That and not parking on the street, which I believe was mentioned here (seems like) ten years ago.

805gregg - 5-11-2009 at 07:14 AM

Quote:
Obviously, driving an real junker-looking vehicle that is superbly maintained would probably solve this issue. That and not parking on the street, which I believe was mentioned here (seems like) ten years ago.

Maybe not, I met a guy living on the coast at San Quintin that had his total junker riped off while he shopped at a grocery store.

805gregg - 5-11-2009 at 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
$450???

Lets see my truck cost me $ 40,000, $ 450 is a little more than 1%, yeah probably worth it.

David K - 5-11-2009 at 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Crusoe
DK-- Who was Chopy and exactly what happened? Thanx ++C++:?:

BBBB-4 (Cielito Lindo, Sept. 2002) The last time any of us saw Chopy/ESL/ Cornel Crawford:

Chopy with M

Chopy with me

I suggest a Nomad search to read up on what happened to young Cornell...

In 2005 were these posts from an anonymous poster:

Anonymous

Unregistered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on 8-13-2005 at 02:34 PM

chopy

chopy was silenced for opening his mouth too wide, a gringo in mexico complaining about real estate, insurance and mexican businessmen and gringo businessmen.

he was beaten to death

complaining on the internet

about people knowing who you are

***** gringo chopy nada
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- AND:

Anonymous

Unregistered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on 8-22-2005 at 02:26 PM

I did wonder if Chopy was silenced for exposing the undercurrent of manipulation and corruption that exist in Cabo.

He certainly was aware of who the players were and made no bones about calling their game. An eyeopener for many on this board.

His last postings he described himself as an investigative reporter.

The question is what was Chopy investigating and what was he going to report?

[Edited on 5-12-2009 by David K]

David K - 5-11-2009 at 08:46 AM

One correction perhaps: Chopy was a Mexican... born there to American parents who built the Finistera Hotel in Cabo San Lucas, as I recall.

mtgoat666 - 5-11-2009 at 09:01 AM

Quote:

$360 a year to locate your vehicle after it gets stolen?
me thinks it is cheaper to rely on insurance to compensate you when your vehicle is stolen.

plus i don't trust the GPS service providers -- they probably sell your daily travel info to vendors, and government big brother probably has ability to snoop on your daily travel.

wilderone - 5-11-2009 at 09:12 AM

So, Kevin and Betsy, what did you do?

ArroyoTaxi - 5-11-2009 at 10:46 AM

I don't think Kevin and Betsy are Nomads. I just cut and pasted a post from the BPE because I thought it would be of interest. There have been a lot of break-ins in around the East Cape lately and people are starting to pull together. Someone posted yesterday hoping to get enough people together to justify an alarm company opening up an office in LB.

Corky - 5-11-2009 at 06:39 PM

I have seen that truck most everyday on my morning walk.

I'd say pretty vulnerable!

It's not like leaving a vehicle on a residential street. That is a well very traveled road.

Best of luck recovering it.

slimshady - 5-11-2009 at 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:

$360 a year to locate your vehicle after it gets stolen?
me thinks it is cheaper to rely on insurance to compensate you when your vehicle is stolen.

plus i don't trust the GPS service providers -- they probably sell your daily travel info to vendors, and government big brother probably has ability to snoop on your daily travel.

[Edited on 5-12-2009 by slimshady]

slimshady - 5-11-2009 at 08:06 PM

It's about getting your car back. If you have an alarm system,insurance, and a gps tracking system that the thieves don't know is on your vehicle then the odds are in your favor.

If you are worried about big brother or the expense then good luck.

I am not worried about Big Brother just the wife who will be able to log on to see that I stayed up in La Paz until 3am.

Bajahowodd - 5-11-2009 at 11:23 PM

Try again, David. The Finisterra and later, Sol Mar were built by Luis Bulnes, an immigrant from Spain.

bajalorena - 5-12-2009 at 08:30 AM

Finisterra was Luis Coppola, too

David K - 5-12-2009 at 03:59 PM

Quote:
Try again, David. The Finisterra and later, Sol Mar were built by Luis Bulnes, an immigrant from Spain.

I am not 'trying' anything howodd, I am repeating what I was told... Perhaps his folks were the money behind the project or the Spanish surnamed individuals were the legal representitives???

Crusoe - 5-12-2009 at 04:15 PM

DK....Thank you for the info on Chopy. ++C++:cool:

David K - 5-12-2009 at 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Crusoe
DK....Thank you for the info on Chopy. ++C++:cool:

You're welcome... Just did a Nomad search and found what was posted. I could find nothing new on the Google search... He was silenced for speaking out on the unjustice of local authorities and the family that occupied his land.

Gnukid was sounding a lot like Chopy and we are only warning him to be careful for his own safety. I said so here earlier and in a u2u reply for gnukid... no response yet that he even understands Dennis or I were trying to be nice to him.

Bajahowodd - 5-12-2009 at 04:33 PM

Lorena- you are correct . Coppola went on to develop the Pueblo Bonito chain. With the unlikeliest of Mexicans, Marcus Kronemeyer. Not certain what the deal is, but Kronemeyer appears to be silent partner in a number of developments, including the Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar

[Edited on 5-12-2009 by Bajahowodd]

CaboRon - 5-14-2009 at 05:52 PM

Quote:
I don't think Kevin and Betsy are Nomads. I just cut and pasted a post from the BPE because I thought it would be of interest. There have been a lot of break-ins in around the East Cape lately and people are starting to pull together. Someone posted yesterday hoping to get enough people together to justify an alarm company opening up an office in LB.

Does this coinside with the transfer of that rogue cop in La Paz to the east cape.... isn't he now your chief of corrupt police ??

norte - 5-14-2009 at 06:03 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I am not 'trying' anything howodd, I am repeating what I was told... Perhaps his folks were the money behind the project or the Spanish surnamed individuals were the legal representitives???

But David. Your reporting it as if it is fact

David K - 5-14-2009 at 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by norte
Quote:
Quote:

But David. Your reporting it as if it is fact

Norte... all you needed to do is scroll up and see what I posted... here it is: "One correction perhaps: Chopy was a Mexican... born there to American parents who built the Finistera Hotel in Cabo San Lucas, as I recall. "

Do you see where I said 'as I recall'... I did not say "this is the facts and anyone else credited for building the Finisterra is not true"...

It wasn't even a 'report' norte...

This was about Chopy... and I was saying that he WAS a MEXICAN... born there... because his parents were in Mexico at the time.