BajaNomad

Well! Just WoW and wow again!

Baja Bernie - 5-19-2009 at 06:44 PM

Parking my car in front of my, to me, new beach house in Sunset Beach this morning when a guy named Frank approached me and asked why I was not in warm and sunny Baja...pointing to my license plate, MiBaja, and to my Nomad sticker he rattled off his Nomad name and admitted that he seldom posts but that he reads our site every day...Turns out he and his five bike riding friends are all Orange County Sheriff Officers...of the retired type.

Hope he reads this because he seems like to kind of person we want hanging around our home...Dougs place that is.

rpleger - 5-19-2009 at 06:53 PM

Sunset Beach, what a great little town...If you have to live up in the Homeland, you sure picked a good spot...:D

woody with a view - 5-19-2009 at 07:40 PM

we stopped for lunch at "los poblanos" after we missed "poblanos" one day. after eating we loaded into our trucks and a guy walked up to my window. "you from OB?" turns out he was a guy named **** ********. we exchanged greeting and headed south. 1/2 hour later he passed us on his way to la bay.

my wife was kinda freaked. i told her, "we go on so many cool trips, people notice!"

here's to meeting total strangers in baja that you know thru the monitor!!!:light:

DENNIS - 5-19-2009 at 07:47 PM

Good to see you, Bernie. I was raised in Newport..just a bit south...so long ago that Sunset was considered a foreign country.
Keep us in touch..please.

movinguy - 5-19-2009 at 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rpleger
Sunset Beach, what a great little town...If you have to live up in the Homeland, you sure picked a good spot...:D

Absolutely - I'm not as "seasoned" as some Nomads but it was a great place to be a single guy in the 80's.

Best wishes Bernie . . .

CaboRon - 5-20-2009 at 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by movinguy
Quote:
Originally posted by rpleger

Absolutely - I'm not as "seasoned" as some Nomads but it was a great place to be a single guy in the 80's.

Best wishes Bernie . . .

And the sixties too !!!

Paisan - 5-20-2009 at 02:15 PM

Hola Bernie. Yes I do cruise this site just about everyday that I'm home. I've gotten some great information and advice from the "seasoned Nomads" that post on a regular basis. Thank you all.

I'm also reading your book and enjoying the personalities that "settled" La Salina. Sounds like you guys never quit partying. My kind of people.

Enjoyed meeting you and your beautiful new lady. Congratulations. See you in the "lot" or maybe even Baja. You never know.

Paisan

Baja Bernie - 5-20-2009 at 02:37 PM

Glad I got you out of the closet....Ho! Ho!

Monday and Wednesday...right

Will bring copies of my other three books next time.

Always great to find a new friend!

David K - 5-20-2009 at 05:18 PM

Hi Bernie,

What is next in your plans?

Will you have a new HQ or be at the same 10-20?

Baja Angel and I would like to visit with you both sometime! Perhaps a BBQ with cold cerveza (on tap here) here in O'side?

Good to see you posting amigo!

From page 58, 'Bouncing Around Baja'... tu amigo, David K:

mailedD16.jpg - 29kB

Paisan - 5-21-2009 at 08:04 PM

Bernie

Yes, monday and wednesdays. A bunch of us will be travelling for the next 2 weeks so won't be around the "lot". Look forward to seeing you after that.....Paisan