BajaNomad

Kayak fishing Tournament

fernando - 5-20-2009 at 10:09 PM

Hi
A friend of mine is organizing a Kayak fishing tournament in Ensenada on July. You can check the details at:

http://baja-outfitters.com/excursions.html

Fernando

Spice up your tourney

Bronco - 5-21-2009 at 04:57 AM

Fernando, 8 years ago I organized a Kayak fishing tournament out of La Bufadora. The proceeds went to a charity in Ensenada. I would suggest you find some sponsors.
I would highly recommend you "spice up" your event to increase the draw of fisherman. You need to approach company’s that cater to Kayakers. I went to the Cobra kayak company in Carson and they gave me a kayak, Shimano gave me a reel, another kayak company in San Diego gave me a paddle and tee shirts, etc. I’m sure Hobie, Ocean Kayak and other accessories company’s would be glad to give you products that you would offer as prizes for the tournament. You need to set terms such as largest fish, most fish etc.

Good luck and if I can help send me a u2u

Bwana_John - 5-21-2009 at 07:24 AM

I couldnt follow the links, the club site never opened.

shari - 5-21-2009 at 07:35 AM

what a great idea. We have alot of kayak fishers here and many of them tune into a kayak fishing website called www.deepwatersedge.com so maybe if you havent done so already you should announce it there and dont forget bloody decks, mexfish, WON etc. Good luck amgo.

mulegemichael - 5-21-2009 at 07:41 AM

...and check out www.kayak4fish.com ....a great guy, jim sammons, runs it and is one heck of a kayak fisherman

fernando - 5-25-2009 at 10:00 PM

hey thanks for the sugestions

tattuna - 5-26-2009 at 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
what a great idea. We have alot of kayak fishers here and many of them tune into a kayak fishing website called www.deepwatersedge.com

I think you mean bigwatersedge.com. Great site!