BajaNomad

Italianissimo - Great italian food in Tijuana

walterino - 5-30-2009 at 12:08 AM

This place called Italianissimo is probably the only real italian restaurant in Tijuana.
Once you are inside you feel like you are in Rome, with good italian music and photos of famous actors. Very clean, good service and great food.

I have been there 3 times already and my favorite dish is a kind of pasta called "Rigatoni alla Norma". Awesome!!!

JESSE - 5-30-2009 at 12:46 PM

Ahhh good Italian food, one of the things i miss about TJ, here in La Paz we are way overdo for a good Italian restaurant. If i wan to eat good Italian, i have to drive all the way to Todos Santos.

vandenberg - 5-30-2009 at 12:55 PM

Jesse,
What about the Il Rustico Trattoria people are inquiring about.??
Menu does look inviting enough.

Bajahowodd - 5-30-2009 at 01:04 PM

Jesse- I know it's not as close as Todos, but check out this link along with his pedigree. Successful in Ajijic, they are now at the Shops at Palmilla.

http://www.manuelsrestaurant.com.mx/

JESSE - 5-30-2009 at 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg
Jesse,
What about the Il Rustico Trattoria people are inquiring about.??
Menu does look inviting enough.

The problem with Italian resturants in town, is that they want to cook the same things they cook at home (Italy), wich results in something about as good as a Mexican trying to cook original Mexican food in Italy. The ingredients, the taste, is just not there. So you get Margherita Pizzas without Basil because they donīt eat it with basil back home, or pastas that lack flavor because "back home they donīt do gringo Italian food".

Well, i like Italian american food, its what we like, its what we are used to (gringos and mexicans), and i donīt think its second to whatever they cook in Italy. A few restaurants (non in La Paz) manage to capture the true flavors from Italy by importing a lot of their ingredients directly from Italy and growing or producing their own, but they are very very expensive and we can only indulge a few times a year.

So please, any Italian americans out there??? we need good Italian down here, help!!!!!!!:lol:

Pops - 5-30-2009 at 06:31 PM

I believe that with the proper knowledge of Baja's local ingredients and the true spirit of real rustic Italian food along with a little imagination that a REAL Italian cuisine restaurant is VERY possible in Baja.

U2U me for Q's

[Edited on 5-31-2009 by Pops]