BajaNomad

Suprise Suprise the Online Fishing Permit is No Good!

estebanis - 5-30-2009 at 01:33 PM

I went for it although I had my suspicions I would be in for a ride. Sure enough the Mexican Government charged my C/C for the Annual Fishing Permit $40.53. But the next step to get a PDF copy of the permit no workie.
Got on the phone to the State Tourist folks in Ensenada. They refered me to the Office in TJ. A really nice fella named Hector has been assisting me and maybe just maybe it will be resolved.
He mentioned that it had happened to another guy from San Diego. He was able to e-mail him a copy of the License and Mail the original. I am hoping the same works out for me.
I am an IT Puke and was not suprised when he said the tech that maintains that system is gone...
I will post the results of my saga.:no:
Esteban
The website address for the online license is
https://www2.ebajacalifornia.gob.mx/Pesca

[Edited on 5-30-2009 by estebanis]

Cypress - 5-30-2009 at 01:47 PM

That fits! Neither is the fishing.:lol:

GC - 5-30-2009 at 03:03 PM

Sorry to hear that. I was able to get mine and print it out a couple of weeks ago. Sure hope they work the bugs out, because it is a great way to get your license.

Fred-o - 5-30-2009 at 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress

I know Cypress, I've never had much luck with "On-Line" fishing either.

5% of the Fisherman catch 95 percent of the fish.

estebanis - 5-30-2009 at 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress

Not sure where you been fishing, but you should go with lighter tackle and change your bait...:biggrin:

estebanis - 5-30-2009 at 10:23 PM

Oh and Rule Number One...
Fish where the fish are!

Baja is a good start:O

BajaDove - 5-31-2009 at 07:15 AM

Went out for the day and got a pargo dinner and a dorado to share. That's all we needed.

GOT IT!!!

estebanis - 6-1-2009 at 11:19 AM

Well because I had the card with the State Tourist office in Ensendas phone number and was able to contact them in turn they gave me the number of the office in TJ who has been handling these issues (011526649730424). I was able to get some help. Hector Higuera looked into the matter and has scanned a Fishing Permit and E-mailed it to me as well as get the original in Snail Mail.
The best part of this deal is although I speak pretty good spanish. Every one in the tourist office speaks excellent english.
This story turned out very good. And it was done a Lightning speed...
Esteban

shari - 6-1-2009 at 11:26 AM

The online stuff is pretty tricky to figure out but I got one here and it worked fine.

55steve - 6-2-2009 at 06:19 AM

I got an email from Hector Higuera yesterday and he is working on getting my license to me - should have it today.

woody with a view - 6-2-2009 at 06:26 AM

question:

if i was to get a daily license, do i have to pick the day in advance or does the panguero mark it on the day we arrive/decide to go fishing? online would be cool if you have a connection.

55steve - 6-2-2009 at 08:14 AM

The website made me pick when the license starts...

Use at your own risk!

Mex fishing license online

[Edited on 6-2-2009 by 55steve]

estebanis - 6-2-2009 at 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob
question:

if i was to get a daily license, do i have to pick the day in advance or does the panguero mark it on the day we arrive/decide to go fishing? online would be cool if you have a connection.

I wondered the same thing and you do have to pick a day. The folks in the tourist office would not leave it blank last time I was there to buy a one day. So I paid around $20 for a week. In retrospect I should have just sprung for the Annual at around $40 and been done with it...
Esteban
Also Know as Woody at work...

24baja - 6-2-2009 at 08:56 AM

Had the same trouble last week on my sons license, I printed all the documents I could and then the paperwork from my bank showing the payment was billed to our CC, was never able to actually get the license prior to our leaving for Bahia de Los Angeles so I figured that if I had the documentation showing we paid, we would be okay, no problems as yet. Connie

PS: fishing is getting better here, several yellowtails caught daily.

55steve - 6-2-2009 at 09:16 AM

BoLA bound on July 2nd!

55steve - 6-2-2009 at 07:25 PM

No license yet - maybe tomorrow!

shari - 6-2-2009 at 07:29 PM

this is a problem with the online permit...you have to pick your day...which is why I need to get good at getting clients the license on the day they go out or maybe the night before...but need to keep a close eye on the weather to make sure the charter is on.

bajabum - 6-4-2009 at 12:39 PM

The only problem with buying a licence on-line is that they are extremely expensive. First you go on-line, fill in the blanks and pay about $35 for an annual permit. Then after trying to print your licence for several days you drive to a local tackle shop and pay about another $50! I should have known better than to trust a Mexican website, I expect that next I will probably get thousands in fraudulent charges billed to my card!

24baja - 6-4-2009 at 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabum
The only problem with buying a licence on-line is that they are extremely expensive. First you go on-line, fill in the blanks and pay about $35 for an annual permit. Then after trying to print your licence for several days you drive to a local tackle shop and pay about another $50! I should have known better than to trust a Mexican website, I expect that next I will probably get thousands in fraudulent charges billed to my card!

Bajabum,
We had problems where they charged us twice on the CC but I just emailed the address listed on the sight and they removed one of the charges, no complaints with this part of the deal, it is the problem I had printing out the actual license.

msteve1014 - 6-4-2009 at 03:47 PM

Sorry it did not work out too well for you. Don't let it ruin a vacation. I bought 3, and had no problems. In fact, I printed them out BEFORE I paid, as I was checking the site to see how things worked.

55steve - 6-4-2009 at 05:37 PM

Hector Higuera from the tourism dept. in TJ is working hard to get the website fixed - he is going to email me when it is operational which he expects to happen before the end of the weekend.
He did email a scanned image of my license and has mailed the original to my house.

I will post here when the website is operational after I order my brother a license to verify.

55steve - 6-8-2009 at 05:44 PM

I got my Mex license in the mail today - no word from Hector about the website yet.

estebanis - 6-8-2009 at 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 55steve
I got my Mex license in the mail today - no word from Hector about the website yet.

Got mine in the mail today also. Hector came through!!!:bounce:
Esteban