BajaNomad

Jose Wejebe living the life

Santiago - 6-13-2009 at 04:35 PM

http://www.spanishflytv.com/theater/mercury-isla-crossing.ph...

The above clip is from Jose's website (Spanish Fly dude on ESPN2). This is gear heaven.

Jose Wejebe

Loretana - 6-13-2009 at 05:58 PM

Jose is smokin' hot!!!

I set my alarm on Sunday mornings to see his show "Spanish Fly" at 6 am. :saint: Then I wake my husband up. :yes:

jose 2.jpg - 4kB

BajaBruno - 6-13-2009 at 09:31 PM

That was a FUN video! Slow to load, but fun. Making that trip would be a blast.

oladulce - 6-13-2009 at 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Loretana
Jose is smokin' hot!!!

I set my alarm on Sunday mornings to see his show "Spanish Fly" at 6 am. :saint: Then I wake my husband up. :yes:

I love "Spanish fly"- it's sort of a fishy travel show and Jose visits some gorgeous places.

It used to be on at 3:30 am here and I'd have to set the recorder so I could watch him,
I mean it.
errr uh, you know, the show ! ;)

But really, did you see the color of that water in the video?

baitcast - 6-14-2009 at 06:35 AM

Been watching Jose for years,fun guy ya my wife thinks he,s cute to:lol:
Rob

Santiago - 6-14-2009 at 07:53 AM

Do you guys and gals remember the time his client had a huge tarpon on that wrapped a pier pylon and JW stripped down to his thong, grabbed the rod, jumped in and swam around the post, handed the rod to his client and landed the fish? Awesome.

Loretana: "and then I wake my husband up" -- too funny.
:biggrin:

oladulce - 6-14-2009 at 08:39 AM

I do remember that episode and recall having a couple of thoughts:

1. Man, there's some big fish right next to civilization (the docks) and we should go visit FLA.

2. Ok, is he doing this for the show or would he dive in in real life? It made for some good tv either way.

The shows that come to my mind are the series he did at the Great Barrier reef and one where he took a boy recovering from cancer out fishing for the Make a Wish foundation.

Did he start on the show with Cliff Pallat? For some reason I associate the 2 guys. That was another show I enjoyed . I'm not a hardcore fishing person like many of you guys/girls but it was fun going along for the boatride.

I accidentally watched a bass show once and saw what a "real" fishing show was like

:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

Santiago - 6-14-2009 at 08:47 AM

Yes - Flip (not Cliff) was his mentor and got him into the guiding bidness. Jose's a pretty good guitarist also.

baitcast - 6-14-2009 at 09:22 AM

Been watching Flip for years also but my wife doesn,t think he,s so hot:lol:
Rob

Jose , et al

Loretana - 6-14-2009 at 10:16 AM

That tarpon episode shows what a good guide will go through to get his client the "big one"........

We were at the Cheeca Lodge at Islamorada in the Florida Keys fishing tarpon some years back and stopped at a famous haunt.......a marina called "Robbies".......you could buy a bucket of bait and hand feed these huge tarpon, they would come up to you and raise their heads out of the water like hungry puppies! It was quite strange. :yes:

Now we need to get Jose to come down to Baja to fish with us......what do you say, muchachas?

jose_wejebe_wahoo01.jpg - 27kB

oladulce - 6-14-2009 at 11:11 AM

Oops, I must have been thinking of cleft palate.
Sorry Flip!

If Jose comes to Loreto I'll need a new pair of Mangrove sungloves (the fingerless kind that Flip wears) cuz mine are looking shabby. Lemme grab my anti-seasick wrist gizmo and I'll be right over.

Cypress - 6-14-2009 at 01:44 PM

The Spanish Fly is one of my favorite fishing shows.:bounce:

tripledigitken - 6-14-2009 at 02:13 PM

That Boat is smoking hot!

Loretana - 6-14-2009 at 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
That Boat is smoking hot!

Not to mention his new Compair kit plane, the latest "Spanish Fly"

Some guys have all the luck!

aerocomp-4-8.jpg - 15kB

acadist - 6-19-2009 at 06:30 PM

He is living the dream

BajaBlanca - 4-7-2012 at 02:20 PM

you know, he was one guy who REALLY was living the dream....he had so much fun working hard yet thoroughly enjoying every second...R.I.P amigo.

watizname - 4-7-2012 at 02:49 PM

I've been to Robbies in the Keys. It's amazing that you can't fool the fish. With those uplooking eyes, they can spot exactly where you throw the bait. What a gas to have maybe 40 or so BIG tarpon blasting around a small pool for the bait.:coolup::coolup: