BajaNomad

L.A. Bay from up high

David K - 6-16-2004 at 04:17 PM

Here's where I want to be with friends on July 4th! (photo from a Baja Bush Pilot)

SoCalAl - 6-16-2004 at 04:23 PM

David,
Can you point out Horse Head Island on that picture?

JR

Skeet/Loreto - 6-16-2004 at 04:30 PM

Excellent Photo!!

The area of white Sand on the lower right of the Photo is where a Beechcraft V35 lost a wing on a fast Descent and killed members of the Powers Family{Owners of the Nutree Airport near Vacaville Cailfornia]
The Pilot was an old time B 17 Pilot from WW 2..Investigation showed that a Wing had come off, nothing else confirmed.
Skeet/Loreto

"In God I Trust"

Nice...!!!

BajaCactus - 6-16-2004 at 04:51 PM

Very nice and impressive photo DavidK...

Antonio M.
BajaCactus
"Where the Baja is much more than a dream..."

Horsehead

FrankO - 6-16-2004 at 06:31 PM

Hey Al, looks like at about 10 o'clock. You can see los gemelos right past it.

[Edited on 6-17-2004 by FrankO]

David K - 6-16-2004 at 07:10 PM

Yes, Horsehead is the dark island with some white on top, south of the close group in the photo.

This is not my photo, as I stated above it is from a Bush Pilot. It is so good, I thought you might like it. Go to the Bush Pilots new bulletin boards and click on various airport boards and see other aerial photos.

Roberto - 6-16-2004 at 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by FrankO
Hey Al, looks like at about 10 o'clock. You can see los gemelos right past it.

Gemelitos, hermano. "Little twins". :biggrin: How are the twins? KT?

Damn, my spanish sucks!

FrankO - 6-17-2004 at 06:52 AM

11 days away. Los gemelitos seem to permeate every thought I have:smug:.

SoCalAl - 6-17-2004 at 06:56 AM

Hello Frank, :D
Lost you email and all the contact info. I was not sure if you were the right person or not but was pointed out by many that you were. Nice to hear from you again and wondering if you will be at BALA for the 4th of July.
Thanks for pointing the Island guys... so I take it that the Island directly below the airial shot is La Ventana?

FrankO - 6-17-2004 at 07:00 AM

Frightening to be pointed out by many..... w/me that's usually a bad thing:bounce:. No, we won't be down because our twins are due June 28. I will be down in August alone for a few days and w/my family if everything is OK(which it should be) in October. I will miss Al's cocina! Have at least one cold one for me. Off to work where they have this site firewalled off for some reason.

Roberto - 6-17-2004 at 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by FrankO
11 days away. Los gemelitos seem to permeate every thought I have:smug:.

And that is exactly as it should be. Be well, both of you, and remember this time.

SoCalAl - 6-17-2004 at 01:49 PM

Frank,
Glad to here everything is well and that soon you will be a father. Congrats, hope to here and see you guys someday soon.

Take care,
Alex

Great photo "Baja Bush Pilot" Thanks

Debra - 6-17-2004 at 05:47 PM

I can see my tent at Camp Gecko! :biggrin:

Congrats. on the twins Frank! Please post when they arrive (a picture would be nice too if possible)

another view the other direction

gringorio - 6-18-2004 at 07:50 PM

I took this one on a flight with Captain Mikes' Srceaming Airlines in Feb. of '02 on a cost sharing flight to Loreto. What a great view... Thanks Captain Mike!