BajaNomad

Solar L-16 Batteries needed for Migrino

cabodano - 6-24-2009 at 04:44 PM

I need 16 to 32 L-16 Solar Batteries for Migrino NOW. Does anyone have a good price for me? We need them now but can wait a few weeks for delivery.

If you have new L-16 Solar Batteries for sale in STOCK now please contact ocabodano@yahoo.com, wouldn't that be nice, HA!

ocabodano@yahoo.com

El Camote - 6-24-2009 at 05:37 PM

Here's an option...

http://www.powerstridebattery.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp...

Bob and Susan - 6-24-2009 at 06:30 PM

no one will have 32 BIG batteries like that in stock

they ALWAYS drop-ship these from the battery company
too dangerous

you're looking at $10K plus shipping

and the weight would total about 3800 pounds WOW

BigWooo - 6-25-2009 at 05:31 AM

This may be a good resource:

Batteries 5% discount

pacside - 6-25-2009 at 12:15 PM

Not sure if you are looking to purchase locally or are willing to have them shipped down from the U.S.

My experience with L16 batts is they were literally twice as much in La Paz as what I just purchased this morning at Battery Systems in San Jose, CA.

I paid $190usd/ea for new Trojan L-16E-AC batteries. Call 866-365-0850 or 408-885-0850 and speak with John or Joe. Easy to deal with. Ask for a discount and they'll usually give you one especially for qty 32. Their website is www.batterysystems.net.

I was just at their warehouse and they have a huge inventory of different types of L16 batteries in stock.

You would have to arrange delivery from san jose, ca to an importer in san diego. If you purchased 32 of the ones I bought it would cost you $6,080usd then probably $1000+ for delivery to your place including duty etc. Mine are about 100lbs ea.

Keep in mind there are many different L16 batts with various AH ratings. Go to Trojan's website and you will see the many different types.

Good luck
pacside

Bob and Susan - 6-25-2009 at 12:24 PM

remember there are several kinds of l-16 batteries

dont get FOOLED by a ow price

pacside - 6-25-2009 at 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan
remember there are several kinds of l-16 batteries

dont get FOOLED by a ow price

Precisely, that is why I advised them to go to Trojan's website to check them out as there are different AMP HOUR ratings etc.

Also there are the newer L16RE type. This place I mentioned above have all different types.

Bob and Susan in your opinion what is the best type of L16 battery for solar?

Notwithstanding of course that surrettes are the best but cost 3x more.

I figure with my system I'll probably damage the batteries until I figure out how the system works that is why I am going with a lower cost battery.

pacside

Bob and Susan - 6-25-2009 at 02:23 PM

i dont think surretts are the best...anymore

they are just BIG and HEAVY

IMHO the best house system only needs 16-420ah 6volt trojans and ALOT of solar panels to recharge them FAST

i have too many batteries

BCSTech - 6-25-2009 at 02:25 PM

Dan,

Let us know if we can help. You have our info.