Boating genius

Russ - 7-1-2009 at 09:08 PM

"One born every minute"
Edit: OOPS forgot the photo:light:

[Edited on 7-2-2009 by Russ]

Boat launchjpeg.jpg - 45kB

Skipjack Joe - 7-1-2009 at 10:51 PM

How did that happen?

Something's not right. They should be wet.

Russ - 7-2-2009 at 05:38 AM

I think the Big guy on the ramp is from the Sheriff boat. The bright guy that couldn't figure out which end to launch the boat is behind the right tire.

baitcast - 7-2-2009 at 06:05 AM

When I was newly married and broke all the time my wife and spent a fair amount of time at the local marina on the weekend when not fishing.

Cheap entertainment it was,after a day in the sun and to much beer they would come in:lol: crash and burn,the ramp could handle three,there might be a dozen out there waiting and running into each other even saw a few fights,yipe fun in the sun in Long Bch Calif.:biggrin:

Cypress - 7-2-2009 at 06:21 AM

Yea, Those boat ramps can really be entertaining. You name it, launching without drain plug, attempting to launch with boat still tied down, racing the motor with the prop out of the water, etc.:lol:

capt. mike - 7-2-2009 at 06:50 AM

there's more to this.
nobody is that stupid....well except Pat Finn maybe.

Don Alley - 7-2-2009 at 07:02 AM

Too extreme for stupidity. No one that dumb could have made it as far as the ramp towing a boat.

I'm guessing marital discord. Bossy guy yelled at his wife one time too many.:o

Russ - 7-2-2009 at 07:05 AM

Cypress, And that's how I launched all the time. No plug,tied to the trailer and starting with the motor up. Well, my new boat doesn't have drain plugs..... :smug: So they'll have to laugh at someone else!:!:

bajaguy - 7-2-2009 at 07:06 AM

Boat trailer looks like it has Arizona plates.......maybe Havasu???

squintingringo - 7-2-2009 at 08:05 AM

They'll no doubt sue the city for not providing launching instructions at the ramp.

Woooosh - 7-2-2009 at 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy

"Zonies" should need a permit to leave their state.

dccf - 7-2-2009 at 08:36 AM

Those ramps can get pretty slick. Looks like the left rear tires were sliding when the truck went in the water. Probably trying to be funny with a quick stop at the waters edge and things went bad from there.

backninedan - 7-2-2009 at 09:57 AM

I used to live close to a lake ramp that would take up to a dozen boats at a time. Holiday and weekend ramp watching was prime entertainment. Cars in the water, boat plugs forgotten, husbands and wives screaming turn it the other way "you marooon"

Now thats fun!!

baitcast - 7-2-2009 at 10:09 AM

:lol::lol:

805gregg - 7-8-2009 at 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
Yea, Those boat ramps can really be entertaining. You name it, launching without drain plug, attempting to launch with boat still tied down, racing the motor with the prop out of the water, etc.:lol:

I've done 2 of those and it's embarrasing. In San Diego at the Shelter Is launch ramp, they have the SD outboard club. They sit all day and watch the commotion at the launch ramp.

805gregg - 7-8-2009 at 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy

That's the Marina Del Rey launch ramp in Ca