BajaNomad

Okay who's got a boat near Ensenada?

TheColoradoDude - 7-7-2009 at 09:57 AM

Hey, Myself and a buddy are looking to go out for a couple days either late this month or sometime in August.

Just looking for a simple time on the water maybe catching a few Dorados to eat but not expecting to catch anything.

We will pay for the fuel, food, and drinks if you will be our captain! I have excellent first mate skills so this is not a babysitting trip.

We are looking to go out anywhere near El Rosarito/Ensenada.

Okay so who's got the Boat?

:)

James

DENNIS - 7-7-2009 at 10:04 AM

You may find a boat around here but, I think the Dorado will be tougher to locate. Try the Gulf side.

TheColoradoDude - 7-7-2009 at 10:12 AM

Actually Dorado no muy importante. Just something we can take to the fish market and have them make up some filete de pescado con aho y tacos de pescado!

We just want to get out on the water and have a few beer

backninedan - 7-7-2009 at 11:38 AM

Why not pay to have a mexican skipper take you? Thats how they make a living.....

vandenberg - 7-7-2009 at 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TheColoradoDude
Okay so who's got the Boat?
James

How about a zillion Mexican skippers who are trying to make an honest living.:?::?:

TheColoradoDude - 7-7-2009 at 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by backninedan
Why not pay to have a mexican skipper take you? Thats how they make a living.....

Because I thought I would ask some of the friendly folks on this board first!

TheColoradoDude - 7-7-2009 at 11:47 AM

When I am living in Baja in the next year and I have my panga, or jon boat, I will be very welcoming in having any nomads along for a little fishing.

:cool:

vandenberg - 7-7-2009 at 12:00 PM

Quote:
When I am living in Baja in the next year and I have my panga, or jon boat, I will be very welcoming in having any nomads along for a little fishing.

:cool:

Better not advertise this too much or you'll find your ship torpedoed by some angry Mexican skippers.:biggrin:

Von - 7-7-2009 at 12:05 PM

sign me up ill be waiting:spingrin:

TheColoradoDude - 7-7-2009 at 12:15 PM

So if I live in Baja, I still have to live as a tourist?

TheColoradoDude - 7-7-2009 at 12:23 PM

Actually my long term plans are to find a good skipper, good person, who needs a boat. I would finance that boat and go 50/50 on it. Might have to become a citizen first, not sure.

So believe me I am all about helping out. When I was there back in March, I left all of my fishing gear to the locals in Gonzaga Bay.

bajaguy - 7-7-2009 at 12:36 PM

Quote:
So if I live in Baja, I still have to live as a tourist?

Actually my long term plans are to find a good skipper, good person, who needs a boat. I would finance that boat and go 50/50 on it. Might have to become a citizen first, not sure.

You need to research the regulations regarding the various types of FM-3's and the FM-2

You might also look into forming a corporation or a patnership.....and also get a good Mexican attorney

[Edited on 7-7-2009 by bajaguy]

fishbuck - 7-7-2009 at 05:35 PM

These guys can help you. They are a little expensive.

http://www.ensenada.com/fishing.html

805gregg - 7-8-2009 at 04:50 PM

Jon boat won't be good in Baja.

Crusoe - 7-8-2009 at 04:56 PM

A good ...."MEXICAN ATTORNEY"....?????:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: