BajaNomad

Pat and Julie Travel - La Paz to Cabo San Lucas

julietravels - 7-8-2009 at 12:20 PM

June 23 Drove La Paz to Cabo San Lucas – East Road - 131 Miles – 2 hours and 45 minutes. Not a trip for those who get car sick as lots of curves. Stopped for Geocaching and to buy a bottle of tequila in San Jose del Cabo. Stayed at the all inclusive Riu Palace in Cabo San Lucas. Loved this resort as the service was amazing as was the view. The property was spotlessly clean. The food was really good for an all inclusive resort, however we didn't care for the mixed drinks.

Note - Driving Speed on straight stretches was whatever the speed limit sign said, but in miles per hour instead of kilometers per hour. Please do not lecture, I was not the driver. Driving times and distances are based on our GPS and do not include times when we were stopped for gas, food or Geocaching. If you don't know what this is, check out www.geocaching.com It is basically a high tech treasure hunt using your GPS. Brings you to great places you would never find otherwise and makes for a fun, but longer, roadtrip.

Pattravels - 7-8-2009 at 06:35 PM

Geez, Julie, would you shut-up about our trip? Enough already!!!!!
:O:no::yawn:

bajaguy - 7-8-2009 at 08:02 PM

Pat

Great post....:lol:

You are my kind of guy.....I owe you a cold Pacifico

julietravels - 7-8-2009 at 08:05 PM

Unbelievable the rudeness of some people. I was wanting to provide an up to date posting of travel times and distances between certain locations on the Baja. I am new to this forum, but based on the comments I am receiving, I will probably not continue. Too bad as I am sure there are others who probably feel the same that could offer some good information.

bajaguy - 7-8-2009 at 08:11 PM

OUCH

bajamigo - 7-8-2009 at 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by julietravels
Unbelievable the rudeness of some people. I was wanting to provide an up to date posting of travel times and distances between certain locations on the Baja. I am new to this forum, but based on the comments I am receiving, I will probably not continue. Too bad as I am sure there are others who probably feel the same that could offer some good information.

Don't be discouraged. Your post was interesting and useful. Over time you'll develop a thick skin on this board, and comments like your "friend's" won't get to you.

[Edited on 7-9-2009 by bajamigo]

Phil C - 7-9-2009 at 05:30 AM

Julie, what kind of GPS and what map do you have loaded in it for Baja?

Skipjack Joe - 7-9-2009 at 01:00 PM

Julie,

Perhaps you could post all of these mileage and observations as a single thread since much of the verbiage seems to copy and pasted.

Don't feel uncomfortable about these posts. We have one individual here that sometimes creates threads of nothing but gps coordinates (and people find them useful).

tripledigitken - 7-9-2009 at 01:26 PM

that Pattravels sounds a little rough. Must be comming off all that high speed driving! ;)

Ken

julietravels - 7-9-2009 at 01:55 PM

The purpose of my using separate posts instead of a single one was that when I tried to find information by searching Loreto to Cabo, nothing would come up. I figured there might be people wanting information on segments only. The title said what my post was about, if someone is not interested in the title, then they shouldn't waste their time reading it. I have no idea who pattravels is, definitely not my husband.

julietravels - 7-9-2009 at 02:08 PM

Our GPS is a Garmin Nuvi 855. Our Mexico Atlas upgrade was purchased from

http://www.bicimapas.com.mx/MexicGPSAtlasEn.htm

Skipjack Joe - 7-9-2009 at 02:56 PM

Try to search on 'Loreto to Cabo' now. You'll find this thread 'La Paz to Cabo' comes up as well as 'Loreto to Cabo'.

The search searches the content of every post as well as the title.

So you could accomplish your goal and still have it all in the same thread.

Regarding PaulTravels: read this.
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=39904

[Edited on 7-9-2009 by Skipjack Joe]