BajaNomad

Nautilus, Guerrero Negro

Bajahowodd - 7-10-2009 at 01:42 PM

A recent thread debating the pros and cons of the various accomodations in Guerreo Negro prompts this post. Some time back, I started a thread about chilaquiles. Well, I have found the absolute best! This is the restaurant located in the Caracoles Plaza. The presentation was beautiful, with crema drizzled in a lattice pattern over two large eggs that covered enough cheese to cause your arteries to clog. I opted for verde sauce. Ms. Odd had a breakfast dish that was covered in a tasty mole. The name of that dish was one of those Aztec or Mayan words that seem to be missing vowels. We asked the young waitress how to pronounce it, and she couldn't, fessing in perfect English that she had lived ten years in the States, and had difficulty with the native words. Gotta say that for quality and value, I cannot think of a better breakfast place in Guerrero Negro.

shari - 7-10-2009 at 01:49 PM

thanks...i have heard excellent reviews too...we went to dinner but had to dine elsewhere as Juan only wanted Milanesa and they didnt have it....darn.

Bajahowodd - 7-10-2009 at 01:58 PM

So Juan does wear the pants!;D

tripledigitken - 7-10-2009 at 02:02 PM

Can't blame a fisherman for wanting to eat steak once in awhile!;)

shari - 7-10-2009 at 02:28 PM

oh yeah...i'm not fussy...i'll eat anything...but Juan...loves his milanesa and we eat out so rarely..well...lets just say when Juan is happy...I'm happy....we take turns wearing the pantalons.

Skipjack Joe - 7-10-2009 at 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
...we went to dinner but had to dine elsewhere as Juan only wanted Milanesa ...

'Never had the good fortune to meet her.

DianaT - 7-10-2009 at 02:36 PM

Where did you end up staying in GN?

Bajahowodd - 7-11-2009 at 01:10 AM

Asking me, Diane? Cowboy. I posted a review. If you kinda ignore the unbuilt portion and the area where they line dry the linens, it really has a charm about it. Very hacienda style. They've planted a bunch of palm trees and ficus. If they "take", it will be even more pleasant an atmosphere.

[Edited on 7-11-2009 by Bajahowodd]

DianaT - 7-11-2009 at 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Asking me, Diane? Cowboy. I posted a review. If you kinda ignore the unbuilt portion and the area where they line dry the linens, it really has a charm about it. Very hacienda style. They've planted a bunch of palm trees and ficus. If they "take", it will be even more pleasant an atmosphere.

Found it in the bajarunner thread. Thanks