BajaNomad

bola 6-20 through 7-7

4baja - 7-11-2009 at 07:18 AM

fishing was good with yellowtail caught daily. weather was insane the whole time with the hottest two days being the last. water temps ranged from 64 when we got there too 77 when we left. very little wind except in the bay and some wind south outside. lots of whalesharks and dolphins and whales outside. fish ranged from 8# all the way to close to 50# and we brought back around 200#of fish. air temps were getting real hot the end of the trip with over 100 in the sun and 98 in the shade. town was dead except when the vagabundos tourament came in and brought alot of gringos. we placed 2nd the first day, 2nd and fourth the second day and 1st and 2nd the third day thanks jay for a great tournament. posted pics on bloodydecks under mexico(baja) if your interested. its marked BOLA what a great place. anouther great trip with great friends.

Paulina - 7-13-2009 at 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 4baja
fishing was good with yellowtail caught daily.... and we brought back around 200#of fish....great trip with great friends.

Glad to hear you had good weather, good fishing and good friends. I do have one question though; what do two people need with 200# of fish? :?:

Just curious,

P<*)))>{

David K - 7-13-2009 at 04:06 PM

People eat it... dogs and cats too!

Maybe there will be a Morro Bay Fish Taco stand this summer?

Paulina - 7-13-2009 at 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

Maybe there will be a Morro Bay Fish Taco stand this summer?

Yes, people do eat fish. Bringing it home for dogs and cats? That's what Purina is for.

P<*)))>{

DENNIS - 7-13-2009 at 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

Who eats dogs and cats?

Paulina - 7-13-2009 at 05:41 PM

Fur is not a condiment at our house. :biggrin: Neither do we eat freezer burned fish. :no:

Paulina - 7-13-2009 at 06:14 PM

It used to be at ours too until we had to put Cora down. :(

Maybe I should have said, "no longer a condiment".

P<*)))>{

Paulina - 7-13-2009 at 10:01 PM

I'm sure it's a cute little bugger, it sure was when it was just a small pup.

4baja - 7-14-2009 at 06:48 AM

franko give me a call when you get in. were talking of a september trip for dorado with all the boys. you know my #

4baja - 7-14-2009 at 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulina
Quote:
Originally posted by 4baja
fishing was good with yellowtail caught daily.... and we brought back around 200#of fish....great trip with great friends.

Glad to hear you had good weather, good fishing and good friends. I do have one question though; what do two people need with 200# of fish? :?:

Just curious,

P<*)))>{
i think that this is the easiest question that i think i have ever had to anwser on this board and is really self answerd (WE EAT IT, WE EAT IT, WE EAT IT):lol::bounce:

fishbuck - 7-14-2009 at 12:23 PM

Can anyone give a BOLA fish report?
I'm trying to plan a trip for this weekend.
My 1st choice is San Diego for a 1.5 day. Hit or miss.
Next is San Quintin. Fished there last weekend and got blanked. Might be better this weekend.
Third choice is BOLA. Fairly certain to catch fish there. My guess is that it's kinda hot there.
And the drive is a killer. I'm thinking 10-12 hours from Costa Mesa.
It took me 7.5 hours to get to SQ last weekend and I'm thinking 3-4 hours more to BOLA.

fishbuck - 7-14-2009 at 12:54 PM

Yes. Nothing recent. I checked Mia's page too. Same, nothing recent.

4baja - 7-14-2009 at 06:40 PM

fishbuck, my friend got back last thursday after i got back and he said all the yellows you want in the 10# class by horsehead and hot. hope this helps.

fishbuck - 7-14-2009 at 06:45 PM

It might be perfect for my son to tug on some 10 yellows. Did he mention how. Dropping jigs deep and fast retrieve?

4baja - 7-15-2009 at 06:36 AM

yea that and live bait. theres alot of bait out by the light house right now and theres different sizes per school. salas juniors worked best for us in the old standby colors(blue, blue-white, white) and live bait with egg sinker tight to the circle hook.

fishbuck - 7-15-2009 at 03:38 PM

Thanks!