BajaNomad

Anything new in San Lucas area

drzura - 7-15-2009 at 03:27 PM

I am coming down in 3, yes folks, I said 3 days. What is the weather like down there in the Mulege area? Anyone fishing since the last storm, if so, what did ya catch?? Thanks...

Bajahowodd - 7-15-2009 at 04:50 PM

Huh? There's a whole lotta territory between Cabo and Mulege.

drzura - 7-15-2009 at 04:54 PM

Sorry.... San Lucas Cove

Russ - 7-15-2009 at 07:17 PM

Got breezy this morning which is a good thing. Then by 3PM it's been DEAD still.Thin layer of clouds to keep the heat in tonight. The water is flat and the waves (?) just lapping the beach. Very beautiful but HOT! 88º & 58% hum at 8PM. There's a few left that plan to drag some lures tomorrow. Saw the Marinos twice this week and neither time were the seiners any where in sight. So we get the enforcement but imagine, all the lawbreakers vanish. Some one's making some $$ on the side! Crime Pays!

drzura - 7-15-2009 at 07:50 PM

Hey Russ. Where are those navy boats based, Mulege? You think that they would see all the big fishing boats and go inspect them. Have the water temps dropped at all since the storms??

Russ - 7-15-2009 at 08:29 PM

Pretty sure the patrol boats are out of Santa Rosalia. The Super Super Panga went by today. haven't seen it in a long time. It had at least 8 marineros (?) on board with their rifles sticking up. Someone is informing the seiners. I've heard a lot of different takes on weather or not it's legal for seiners & shrimpers to work in this area but seems when ever a patrol boat shows up they're gone. Gotta tell ya some thing.