BajaNomad

Accident report

Debra - 7-22-2009 at 10:14 PM

Well I did it!

Returning from BoLA spent the night in Ensanada, did some shopping and ate, went to get gas and realized I didn't have my CC, searched, searched NADA, so I decide to return to the store to search for it. I say good-bye to Mary Ann Humfreville, back up right into a truck that had moved from an alley (I didn't see him) SMASH! CRAP! I get out and tell the Mexican gentelman I have insurence, he tells me "no, insurance is no good" I tell him I have Mexican insurence not to worry......I show him my Lewis & Lewis policy (with a copy in Spanish) he calms down and I call the phone number on the policy. The adjuster was there in about 20mins. It took about another 15mins. to do the paperwork and I was on my way. No damage to my rig, but, he couldn't even open his passenger door. Whoops!
Kudos to Lewis & Lewis!

1:38pm boarder crossing took 35mins.

G-Son had to problem (waved right through) with just a b-cert. and school photo ID

Edit for PS

I was amazed at the boarder line, everybody was staying in well spaced lines, AND NO CHILD VENDORS! Maybe they learned something from the death of that 4yr. old a month or so ago? I sure hope so........

[Edited on 7-23-2009 by Debra]

edit for PSS

I apoligize if this is old news:

Baja Cactus Pemex now only takes AmEx credit cards, if it wasn't for "Banco Humfreville" I would have been screwed, or on the phone calling Antonio asking for credit!

[Edited on 7-23-2009 by Debra]

lizard lips - 7-23-2009 at 06:08 AM

Debra, was your adjuster a woman named Olivia?

Debra - 7-23-2009 at 09:54 AM

No it was a man, I don't remember his name.

Oggie - 7-23-2009 at 10:10 AM

Debra,
Sorry to hear about the accident. Look forward to seeing tou again in BOLA.

Bob

Debra - 7-24-2009 at 12:32 AM

Lips....... I was trying to remember his name, and it seems it was Hector or something like that. I know it started with an H. If this Olivia is an adjuster and you know and talk to her, please relay my message that it was a pleasure doing business with him. I found it interesting that he didn't give me any of the paper work, just the man I hit, as soon as it was done, I was on my way.

lizard lips - 7-24-2009 at 07:33 AM

Olivia is my sister in law and she is an adjuster here in Ensenada and works for several companies. She was here at my home last Sunday for a b-day party.

I will pass on the info.

Glad it all worked out.

Baja&Back - 7-24-2009 at 08:35 AM

Hey, I've met Olivia. She's quite efficient & easy to deal with. Showed up really quick for us, too.