BajaNomad

halibut shore fishing great in Asuncion

shari - 7-23-2009 at 08:10 AM

We took advantage of a perfect day yesterday to go to the beach for a swim... the water was the perfect temperature to be refreshing. Even though it was low tide, Juan threw out a crocodile and got a halibut right away...not huge but fine for dinner....as usual the big one got away.

But that sucker was pretty tasty on the BBQ accompanied by the oysters from the aquaculture project here. An impromtu fiestita occured with fellow nomad Tomastierra and some other Todos Santos and Chivato folks camping here to escape the heat.

Been a busy place the last few days...finally got to meet Mexitron & his gal...quality folks for sure and stoked about the epic surf coming.

[Edited on 7-23-2009 by shari]

Cypress - 7-23-2009 at 11:42 AM

shari, Jeez! Halibut and oysters, a combination that makes my belly growl. :yes: The only thing better than eating halibut is catching 'em. It takes me 3+ hours to shuck a sack of oysters. And it's well worth the effort.;)

Imposter?

Sunman - 7-23-2009 at 06:55 PM

Hola Shari,
Me no thinks the real Tomas Tierra is in Asuncion right now.

As usual, eatin' like kings down there!

Tomas Tierra - 7-25-2009 at 12:37 PM

Tomas Tierra has not been in Asuncion since 1989..imposter is right!

shari - 7-25-2009 at 12:44 PM

bet you wish it WAS you though!! the imposter is having a whole lotta fun! However...he did disappear mysterioulsy last evening...hmmm...the plot thickens...perhaps he ditched when he'd been found out....
either that or I was just confused...once again...sure am glad I'm not perfect.:saint:

Curt63 - 7-25-2009 at 01:48 PM

the plot thickens.......

Tomas Tierra - 7-25-2009 at 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
bet you wish it WAS you though!! the imposter is having a whole lotta fun! However...he did disappear mysterioulsy last evening...hmmm...the plot thickens...perhaps he ditched when he'd been found out....
either that or I was just confused...once again...sure am glad I'm not perfect.:saint:

Would be fun to be in Asuncion now..But life here is pretty sweet..In the last week I caught Halibut, calico, white sea bass, black sea bass, sheepshead, bonito, and missed a nice yallow at the gaf..not bad for alta ca...oh and I caught some great surf at the islands....

So who is this marooon imposter??:fire::mad::fire: