BajaNomad

La Paz Trip

acadist - 7-27-2009 at 07:38 PM

Headed to La Paz last week for a little fishing and relaxation. Left Denver 7/16 after work with my driving partner, my 17 yo daughter. Made it to LA by 9 am Fri morning and crashed at my borther's house. My neice was home from college and invited her for the ride, the only Mexico she has been to were resorts in Cancun and Cabo. Hit the border at 2 am with the girlsimmediatly passing out, even slept all the way through the construction at Meandro. Only other road issue was construction in Vizcaino, the road was overall in good shape. Did notice less gringos on the road. Made good time and slept in Mulege, dinner at El Patron on the beach. next morning headed down to La Paz nice and easy:coolup:. Stopped in at Jonathan Roldan's Fubar cantina for a cold one, nice place. Stayed at La Concha and fished 2 days while the girls kicked back on the beach. Fishing was good but not great, shoulda been there the week before.Left Weds, had a meeting I had to attend in LA Friday. Uneventful ride home, stopped in Mulege again and had an awesome picnic on Santispac with left over fish, ceviche an fresh tortillas. Stopped in Puerto Nuevo on Thursday on the way home, it was the emptiest I have ever seen it but the lobster was good! Very short line at the border. All in all a good trip but way too short, next year I'll get that wahoo!

DianaT - 7-27-2009 at 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by acadist
Headed to La Paz last week for a little fishing and relaxation. Left Denver 7/16 after work with my driving partner, my 17 yo daughter. Made it to LA by 9 am Fri morning and crashed at my borther's house. My neice was home from college and invited her for the ride, the only Mexico she has been to were resorts in Cancun and Cabo. Hit the border at 2 am with the girlsimmediatly passing out, even slept all the way through the construction at Meandro. Only other road issue was construction in Vizcaino, the road was overall in good shape. Did notice less gringos on the road. Made good time and slept in Mulege, dinner at El Patron on the beach. next morning headed down to La Paz nice and easy:coolup:. Stopped in at Jonathan Roldan's Fubar cantina for a cold one, nice place. Stayed at La Concha and fished 2 days while the girls kicked back on the beach. Fishing was good but not great, shoulda been there the week before.Left Weds, had a meeting I had to attend in LA Friday. Uneventful ride home, stopped in Mulege again and had an awesome picnic on Santispac with left over fish, ceviche an fresh tortillas. Stopped in Puerto Nuevo on Thursday on the way home, it was the emptiest I have ever seen it but the lobster was good! Very short line at the border. All in all a good trip but way too short, next year I'll get that wahoo!

Sounds like you had a fun time---great.

Von - 7-27-2009 at 11:26 PM

Wow you drove some mad miles! one way is how many? over 1000!

And im complaining i live here in San Diego lol.........You got any pics?

Bajahowodd - 7-28-2009 at 12:20 PM

Yeah. I think acadist may take the prize. I met some folks (mom, dad, three kids) at Serenidad in Mulege recently. They were from San Diego. They rolled into the parking lot around 5pm. Next morning I mentioned we were headed North after breakfast, and he replied that they were doing the same the next day. Doing the math, these folks had one full day at Serenidad. Seems like a rather long ride for a day at the beach!

acadist - 8-1-2009 at 08:05 PM

Short but long trip; that was all work would allow me this year. I had to twist my bosses' arms (at work and home) to get that amount of time. It is 2100 miles each way. The original plan was to talk a friend into chasing tuna out of SD, he didn,t want to put those kind of miles on his boat so it changed to 1 day local out of LA and a six pack overnight out of Ensenada. Then I figured instead of Ensenada I could do 2 days out of San Quinten, just a couple of more hours. Than I saw the reports out of La Paz and couldn't resist. :lol::lol: Next year a longer trip!!!!