BajaNomad

Baja 709-3: DAY 5 (AM): Bahia Concepcion

David K - 7-28-2009 at 03:07 PM

DAY 5 (Wednesday July 22)

(This is continued from DAY 4 at: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=40372 )

We say our goodbyes to Bob, Susan, Marta and their other guests and are out to Highway One at 10:50 am. Our destination today is Loreto, after seeing the mission-era sites at San Juan Bautista Londo and Ligui. We also plan to check out the beaches and happenings at Ensenada Blanca, Ligui and Juncalito.

As we drive south along Bahia Concepcion, I try taking photos while driving slowly (with no cars behind me)!

Santispac is the first beach Highway One passes... Posada Concepcion, Burro Beach and others follow...

EL COYOTE:

BUENAVENTURA:

EL REQUESON:

ON SOUTH:

Why you don't drive at night in Baja (miss the view and black cows!):

Coming up in the next part of DAY 5 (PM) are the photos and report on the sites we visited south of Bahia Concepcion. We camp on Bahia Concepcion the night of DAY 6... some good photos to share of our beach palapa camp! Stay tuned!

[Edited on 8-1-2009 by David K]

Von - 7-28-2009 at 03:47 PM

AWESOME adventure DAVID!

MAN! I am jeolussss..............cannt wait to do my baja trip soon

hopefully.......

TMW - 7-28-2009 at 05:53 PM

Great trip report and awesome pictures.

desertcpl - 7-28-2009 at 06:07 PM

thanks david K,,, for sharing this with us all,, very niceley done,,

we just got back from Ensenada,, wish we had time to get down a bit more,,, maybe next time

toneart - 7-28-2009 at 06:21 PM

Wow! That Canon is good! (to play on David' modesty).

David, in regards to El Patron, Tim is the guy with the white hair and red nose who is partners with the woman who owns it. He is usually around, acting as host and greeter. For sure he is at the bar at closing time. :D

Vince - 7-28-2009 at 06:52 PM

David- Enjoyed you very clear photos of one of my favorite areas in the world. I'm up here fishing in Montana and Wyoming looking forward to my next flight to Mulege. Thanks!

Bob H - 7-28-2009 at 08:59 PM

Wow David.... what a great trip report... and the weather you guys had... wonderful!

We really love Coyote Bay~ one of our favorites to camp at.

Keep'm com'n

Bob H

David K - 7-28-2009 at 09:47 PM

Thanks amigos... I enjoy the trip reporting almost as much as the trip... !

I have some great mission photos and discoveries still to come... With details and directions on the ruins west of Punta Chivato near Boca de Magdalena that have been mis-named on maps as 'Santa Maria Magdalena' since Arthur North camped there in 1906!

Lot's more to come, stay tuned!

David K - 7-29-2009 at 07:51 AM

The trip report continues with DAY 5 PM here: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=40391

[Edited on 8-1-2009 by David K]