BajaNomad

Mulege Fishing

OLIGUACOMOLE - 7-31-2009 at 02:14 PM

Any recent reports of the fishing off Mulege?????
I am going in the manana.
Any advice will be appreciated to the fullest!
.....will give a report on local sea life manana

Lauriboats - 7-31-2009 at 02:51 PM

Have fun!

Cypress - 7-31-2009 at 02:57 PM

OLIGUACOMLE, Looking forward to your fishing report. :yes:

squid - 7-31-2009 at 06:35 PM

I am talking a lot to local fishermen. They have very good catch all day. If you don't mind the stiff breeze about 10mls out. But Dorado is still very good. Yesterday a local came in w/ 10 DD"s cought in about 2 hrs.
All othert species... depends where you go, South is good for Cabrilla and Pargo, north still good for yellows. Yes they are still around.
Now, the locals have other fishing techniques than Americans. So it depends on what you wanna catch.

Pescador - 7-31-2009 at 07:36 PM

Oliguacomole, be careful that you don't run over the gun boat parked out in front of the restaurant as it might just pi.... of the navy.

OLIGUACOMOLE - 7-31-2009 at 08:00 PM

AAyyyyyeee, is de advice I'ma lookin fer. Me and me mates can do de loop! If ya been thinkin I can't see de scallywagers in de boot ye be mistaken me wish another.

OLIGUACOMOLE - 8-1-2009 at 04:34 PM

Well can't even write about the one that got away. The Bahia Concepction has lots of bait, dolphins and mullet being chased by something??
Left late in the day(10:30) made a loop 14 miles off the point of Conception. Green water all the way. At 14.5 miles I realed in and powered back. So no signs of life in and out except for the bay. Never did see any blue water. Maybe in a couple of days.
Beer tasted real good at about 1 mile out!
Notice: Govt. Tourney 13-14 in Mulege.

PS...my new munoz depthfinder did not work well....kept floating?

Skeet/Loreto - 8-1-2009 at 04:41 PM

comole"
I wuld suggest that you go South to Delelfonso island and try in that area.
North of the Island in about 300 ft. you might pick up some real nice "Pargettee".
If not go on out to the Reef. should be some good Bulls around.

acadist - 8-1-2009 at 07:55 PM

When I was there last week on my way to La Paz one of my local friends told me the seiners cleaned the place out a few weeks ago:no:

capt. mike - 8-2-2009 at 09:39 AM

BBP recent trip reports Mulege and Loreto says they are pulling the lips off dodos.

Russ - 8-2-2009 at 09:55 AM

The seiners haven't been in this area for a week or so but last night at least one was working way outside about where I would guess the drop off is. If he did any good there will be more tonight. They are NOT after sardines out there. Skip Jack, dodos and billfish would be my guess.
I haven't heard anything about dodos on Ch72. Only a few going out from Pt. Chivato now. I'd love to hear some reports about where dodos are being caught recently. I've got the Toy Boat all ready to go now. So I'll be along the shore line looking for Roosters and Corvina.

drzura - 8-2-2009 at 10:23 AM

We fished out of San Lucas Cove about a week ago. Dorado fishing was kinda scratchy. The fish were very close to shore off the cliffs about a mile or two north of San Lucas Cove, look for the weedlines. We slow trolled live mackeral, trolled jointed rapalas, and drift fished with live mackeral. I am planning another trip during X-Mas time for yellowtail.