BajaNomad

Attention Nomads! I need you to go fishing Sunday in Ensenada!

fishbuck - 8-19-2009 at 06:08 PM

Selena 6 pack $162 each. I booked two spots. Me and my son. There is 4 spots left. Jay the boat owner might fish too. There is secure parking for your boat and truck near the boat slip.
We will be back Sunday evening.

[Edited on 8-21-2009 by fishbuck]

TonyC - 8-19-2009 at 07:48 PM

Hey Mike,

I'm heading down to San Quintin tomorrow 0500 (Thursday) from work. Gordo, and I are fishing Sunday. The same game plan you did...try WSB south first, and head out to look for paddies if the WSB ain't happening.

I've got my laptop so I'll be checking for your post. Good fishing bro.

Tight lines,

Tony

fishbuck - 8-19-2009 at 09:54 PM

Okay, I was hoping I could catch you on your way through Esenada.
But have lots of fun in SQ and I wish I was going to be there with you guys.
Look for birds for the WSB's and slow troll or throw a krockadile. Also try out in front of La Pinta about a mile or 2.
You'll see the other boats.
Good Luck!!!:cool:

fishbuck - 8-20-2009 at 01:37 AM

I think Jay still has some spots to fish Sunday on Salena.
This is a great oportunity to fish a nice charter boat. And the tuna bite is definately hot right now.
It's a bit of a serious trip. The boat leaves at 2am and it will take about 3.5 hours to get out to the fish. We will be back at the dock at 7pm. It's a long day of fishing.
The boat has a marine head and bunks. There is a small galley table in the cabin.
So it's really a trip for someone who has been on the ocean a few times and doesn't get seasick... or drink too much.
But if it goes right this will be an epic tuna fishing trip.
Check out the boat on http://Ensenada.com
The San Diego boats have been limiting on yellowfin the last couple of days. And there is still a few albacore and bluefin in the fishcount. I expect dorado to show in numbers soon too.
The trip will be the captain and deckhand and 6 anglers max.

[Edited on 8-20-2009 by fishbuck]

fishbuck - 8-21-2009 at 03:12 AM

2 spots left. I'm not trying to sell spots but just help out Jay the boat owner.
I think we are going even with a light load which is better for me and my son. But I am trying to share this trip because I think it will be very good with lots of fish.

fishbuck - 8-21-2009 at 03:52 PM

Bump! Just talked to Jay. So far only me and my son going. Jay and his girlfriend will go also.
So two spots open.
Azteca fished yesterday and got 10 fish. 2 Dorado on kelp and 8 yellowfin on the troll for four anglers. So not to bad. I'm expecting better numbers based on the San Diego counts. Dorado and Yellowfin are moving up.
So call Jay and book your spot.
http://ensenada.com

DENNIS - 8-21-2009 at 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fishbuck
So two spots open.

Hey Mike....Not that it should matter but, It's been litely raining here throughout the day. No idea what tomorrow looks like.
Anyway...dress accordingly.

fishbuck - 8-21-2009 at 04:26 PM

It's overcast and cool here too. No rain but a little breezy. How hard did it rain? Fishing usually shuts off for a day or two after rain.

woody with a view - 8-21-2009 at 04:34 PM

if it was on saturday.......

DENNIS - 8-21-2009 at 04:39 PM

Quote:
It's overcast and cool here too. No rain but a little breezy. How hard did it rain? Fishing usually shuts off for a day or two after rain.

Sprinkles to lite showers. I think Mexicans call it Chipi Chipi, the sprinkles, anyway. Wipers in use. Nothing serious. Very little wind.
Earlier, we could hear loud thunder over the Sierra and we'll probably have a lightning show tonight.

fishbuck - 8-21-2009 at 04:45 PM

Okay thanks Dennis! Should be okay. I checked the marine forcast for Ensenada and it looks good. Wind might come up a little but should be dry and reasonably warm.
This has been a very cool August. Usually I can fish in shorts and no shirt by now but a couple weeks ago we fish San Q and it was jacket weather all day on the water. Warm in the bay and in town.
I'm losing my tan damn it!;D

DENNIS - 8-21-2009 at 04:47 PM

Quote:

Just one more good reason to go to a Tanning Salon.

fishbuck - 8-21-2009 at 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

Just one more good reason to go to a Tanning Salon.

Is a tanning salon like a massage parlor in Ensenada? If so count me in!;D

DENNIS - 8-21-2009 at 05:21 PM

Quote:

From what I understand, that's the way it is in the states, everywhere.
Jeeezo, Mike.....you, of all people, should know these things. Never lose sight of your image, ya know. :lol:

bajabound2005 - 8-21-2009 at 05:44 PM

Chili cook-off at La Bufadora on Saturday, fishing with Fishbuck on Sunday! A perfect weekend in the Ensenada area.

fishbuck - 8-21-2009 at 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

From what I understand, that's the way it is in the states, everywhere.
Jeeezo, Mike.....you, of all people, should know these things. Never lose sight of your image, ya know. :lol:

Well, I usually get my tans outside but I'm always looking for a new thrill ya know! Might have to try it inside.:yes:

bajabound2005 - 8-21-2009 at 05:47 PM

No tans today...it's been cloudy and sprinkling ALL DAY! Tomorrow it says 20% chance of rain, but only a trace of it (in the AM). Fishy, you comin' to the cook-off?

fishbuck - 8-21-2009 at 06:22 PM

Wow, this might be fun. But kind of pushing the schedule a little.
What are the hours?

bajabound2005 - 8-21-2009 at 08:34 PM

dude: read the posts! Starts at 12:00 and ends when it ends. Judging is at 3:00 with almost a total Nomad judging panel! Get there on time and you can judge, too!

fishbuck - 8-21-2009 at 08:41 PM

Thanks! Okay I read the post. ;D

lizard lips - 8-24-2009 at 07:46 PM

How was your day Fishman. Leave out Saturday night. I kinda know where you went and what you did.

DENNIS - 8-24-2009 at 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
How was your day Fishman. Leave out Saturday night. I kinda know where you went and what you did.

Share, please.

bajadock - 8-25-2009 at 07:50 AM

FB,
Sounds like we need a fishing report from you. Wish I could have joined you. I've been away past 3 weeks on east coast soaking up fun and the humidity. Glad to be back to the left coast.

lizard lips - 8-25-2009 at 11:34 AM

Glad your back Doc. Now lets play some golf!

lizard lips - 8-25-2009 at 01:46 PM

or go fishing on your new luxury YACHT!

bajabound2005 - 8-25-2009 at 05:28 PM

maybe he's still out there? He didn't make it to the chili cook-off...but then neither did Lizard Lips, Dennis or Bajadock...

DENNIS - 8-25-2009 at 05:32 PM

I had a good reason but, it's classified.
Has anybody checked Anthony's? I've heard they'll hold you prisoner till you pay in full...no checks.

fishbuck - 8-25-2009 at 07:24 PM

Thank you for the inquires. I especially like the suggests that I was being held at Anthony's working my tail off to meet my bill.
I fished yesterday from San Diego on a 1.5 day trip with my son.
We brought home 5 25lb Albacore. We hooked many other fish and lost them.
The jackpot fish was a 97lb bluefin. We hook a few of those and lost them but were very glad for the chance to try.
I have a photo ofmy son with the fish and will post it tomorrow.
The weather was fantastic and the sea flat. It was an awesome experience and my son loved it.
We were about 65 miles south of Point Loma and about 50 miles off the beach.:cool:

bajabound2005 - 8-25-2009 at 08:07 PM

so, IOW, you never made it to Ensenada?

lizard lips - 8-25-2009 at 08:53 PM

Wanted to go to the chili cook off but was in Guadalajara. There is always next year.. Glad you caught some fish fishman.

fishbuck - 8-26-2009 at 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabound2005
so, IOW, you never made it to Ensenada?

No sorry, because I would have loved the Chili cookoff.
The captain off the boat Selena canceled our Sunday trip due to he high wind and swell on Saturday. Sunday morning I checked the fishcount from San D and saw the weather had improved and the Albacore bite turned on. I decided to make a mad dash to San D so my son could get one more nice fishing trip before he starts back to school next monday.
He actually out fished me which I didn't like much but he had a great time and so did I.